“Outstanding in service, good in the facilities”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #10 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“Outstanding in service, good in the facilities”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Long stay in the hotel, 15 nights, no doubt the service is outstanding and the employers always available and delivering what is expecting in the great majority of the times, globally the facilities are good, really good for India, but small details for a long stay guest take bigger effect than in a short stay, I recommend without any question, however the hotel management should not forget that details count and they need to continue improving and keep all areas under attention. Improvements needed in the Gym, swimming pool and other small details.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write about your wonderful experience at The Imperial.
I'm glad that we succeeded in creating a delightful stay experience for you. I have also taken a note of the additional feedback shared by you and assure you best of services ahead. Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team.

Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hands down, no argument, the best place my wife and I have stayed around the world by a mile. Beautiful hotel in a great location. The best service I have ever experienced from start to finish - flawless. The food, which let's be honest everyone worries about on holiday to India, was delicious, varied ,well presented and delightful. Spacious, clean, temperate rooms and long sweeping corridors. But again I go back to the service. I have never felt as at home as I did in Delhi. A wonderful place and if I could give it 11/10 I would. Go visiit

Room Tip: Just enjoy the whole experience
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dominic M
Dear Guest,

I'm glad that we succeeded in creating a perfect stay experience for you. Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Such a beautiful hotel filled with beautiful people and service. My second trip here and it was nothing short of wonderful again. The restaurants are all wonderful. The rooms are fantastic. I stayed in an Eliza suite and felt very safe. In the middle of Delhi where there are so many people and the dust and pollution, The Imperial is an oasis and a sanctuary as soon as you step foot in the door. Sangita made my day every day with exceptional turn down service and a big smile on her face. I love the Imperial and will return.

Room Tip: Eliza suites are great for women traveling alone. Eat at every restaurant in the hotel. A few time...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Loved this hotel, my favourite in Delhi. It avoids all the bling of some of the newer hotels. The bedroom was large, well-appointed, with a separate dressing room and lovely bathroom. It's a real five-star hotel in a great location, with impeccable service. Breakfast is superb. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Rome
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Unbelievable you're in the middle of such a chaotic city as Delhi, you're for sure not going to feel any of that inside the hotel!
Our suite was big and with sliding doors between sleeping area and living if you want do divide. The bathroom is very spacious and light and there was also another well sized toilet at the entry. The minibar was well equipped with good wines and champagnes. No noise from anywhere, only you, your partner and their soft duvets.
Everywhere in the hotel nice ambience perfumes dwelled in the air(bought 20 bottles for home) and the toilets around in the hotel were as clean as in the room.
Nice choise of excellent restaurants throughout with very child minded staff and a wonderful tearoom for those who just cannot get through the afternoon without temptations!
The spa is something special; you could live in there..Actually we just couldn't get ourselves out of there so we stayed here for 10 days going out very rarely. We'll see Delhi better next time

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am a little late with my reviews of our November Rajasthan tour. We spent the first couple of days of our Indian tour at this wonderful hotel foul of Art Deco grandeur. We were let to our fabulous room where we then had a stream of people coming in and out making sure we had everything we needed. We felt very special.
We had dinner in the garden whilst watching a firework display for the Dewali celebrations. Our one and only gripe was their no smoking rule, not even outside. My partner had to go to a small smoking room around the back of the hotel when ever he wanted to light up. I saw on a couple of occasions waiters going up to other guests who had dared to light up in the garden and tell them to extinguish their cigarettes. I am not a smoker but come on this was ridiculous.
Having said all that I loved the place and thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting to be treated like a Maharajah.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Imperial is truly magnificent.
Reception was quick and easy and we were taken up to our room. We were treated to a lovely fresh fruit platter.
The bed was very comfortable and they had a pillow menu for people like me who are fussy - I think they should have had a range of pillows in the room to start with as the original ones were all large/hard. Wifi cost Rs800 for 24 hours and I think this is the only hotel where we didn't get free wifi.
We tried out the 1911 bar and they mixed perfect cocktails - nibblies were provided with the drinks. There was a small cake shop called La Baguette that sold delicious treats. There are a number of restaurants to choose from, we ate at Danielle's Tavern which is pretty much as far from a tavern as you can get. It was a beautiful room with lovely meals. The salmon tikka was delicious. We ordered one dish which was too spicy for us and when they noticed we didn't eat it they were very apologetic and removed it from the bill. There was live indian classical music in the restaurant which really made for a lovely dining experience. Prices were very reasonable.
The included breakfast was the best we've had. Plenty of choice from the buffet and there was an egg station where I had a delicious omelette made. They also had a juice station where you could have a fresh fruit juice concoction made.
The building is absolutely beautiful and you could spend days just wandering the halls looking at the artwork. The location is great, you are within walking distance of Connaught place.
Everything about The Imperial exudes class and I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in New Delhi. It is excellent value for money. The only drawback is you never want to leave the building.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OzBrian
Dear Guest,

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.