Well this is going to quite a long one so bear with me if you need a truthful review. This review is from my experience with Maurya in 2005
I had arranged my wedding reception in their banquet room in 2005 and booked a room to spend the night during the reception there.
Things just went from bad to worse.
Unprofessionally their banquet co-ordinator told me two days prior to the reception in a casual manner that they had changed the hall which I had seen with them for my reception to another one. Without even bothering to consult with me! I refused and they relented to giving me the same hall. C'mon guys I am the one paying here!
The room I got - the AC was a mess (it was may in delhi), they could not fix it! so changed the room taking their own sweet time. I mean, even in that they kept saying sir the AC is fine, you have come from outside so you need to wait...Whaaat!
The arrangement at the reception was OK, nothing to be swayed about there!
I had to write a complaint to the sheraton world wide complaint desk as no one at the hotel even bothered replying to may emails and did not get satisfactory answers over the phone as I kept getting transferred about
Finally i think 2-3 years later when I came back to India on a visit, met the GM who handed back the my room rent, which I accepted as I do not believe in paying more for something which does not deserve it.
He did apologise but sorry, mate, what if I had done the same to you and completely ruined your wedding reception and then! said sorry... how would you feel.
But then we did try their restaurant as well the famed one, and were disappointed in that too.
Maybe we should have avoided this property totally.
Good to know that after all these years there are much better hotel properties in Delhi to be tried!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in greenery in the heart of Delhi, ITC Maurya - a premier luxury hotel, is acknowledged as the preferred 'Residence for World Leaders and Global Icons' for over 30 years. The 438 room property epitomizes the luxury hotel experience with exemplary service and warm hospitality soaked in Indian traditions. The hotel has established industry benchmarks in safety and security, wide choice of premium rooms and suites, world renowned restaurants, banqueting facilities, spa, wellness and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Prestigia, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your ITC Maurya, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Itc Maurya Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Itc Maurya
- Itc Maurya Delhi
- Itc Mourya Delhi