“Avoid this hotel”

Ranked #15 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid this hotel”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Well this is going to quite a long one so bear with me if you need a truthful review. This review is from my experience with Maurya in 2005
I had arranged my wedding reception in their banquet room in 2005 and booked a room to spend the night during the reception there.
Things just went from bad to worse.
Unprofessionally their banquet co-ordinator told me two days prior to the reception in a casual manner that they had changed the hall which I had seen with them for my reception to another one. Without even bothering to consult with me! I refused and they relented to giving me the same hall. C'mon guys I am the one paying here!
The room I got - the AC was a mess (it was may in delhi), they could not fix it! so changed the room taking their own sweet time. I mean, even in that they kept saying sir the AC is fine, you have come from outside so you need to wait...Whaaat!
The arrangement at the reception was OK, nothing to be swayed about there!
I had to write a complaint to the sheraton world wide complaint desk as no one at the hotel even bothered replying to may emails and did not get satisfactory answers over the phone as I kept getting transferred about
Finally i think 2-3 years later when I came back to India on a visit, met the GM who handed back the my room rent, which I accepted as I do not believe in paying more for something which does not deserve it.
He did apologise but sorry, mate, what if I had done the same to you and completely ruined your wedding reception and then! said sorry... how would you feel.

But then we did try their restaurant as well the famed one, and were disappointed in that too.
Maybe we should have avoided this property totally.
Good to know that after all these years there are much better hotel properties in Delhi to be tried!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dream77boy
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review on your past experience at ITC Maurya. Your feedback is valuable to us and we are most concerned to hear that your experience with us was not reflective of our usual standards.

While we apologise for the reported incovenience, we request you to consider this incident as an aberration to the quality service which we strive to provide at our hotel.

We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

General Manager - ITC Maurya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is my first visit to this hotel.though i am not frequent visitor to these high end properties. bit from my last 7 - 8 visits to other properties i know what i can expect from the proeprty like you. i was full of exfcitment.. i t was july 17, 2013 , my marriage anniversary so i decided to have dinner at Bukhara.i got parking assistence outside. when i entered in lobby i was not sure ablout the restautrent location to i looked for assistence . There was guys (in turban..sikh brother) good height my be in early 30s. so i stand infront of him. he was talking to someone. and was very busy. i stand there for 5 minutes . he ignored me completely after couple of glance look.i felt dejected. then finally with dowm-mood moved to another corner where front desk as my wife who was standing behind me with infant baby asked me to ask someone else.
i dont know whether he was from front staff or security staff but .. ethically if somebody standing infront of you. we must respond. 5 star property is nothing but excellent service. where people come for friendly environment, impeccable service. but i found ITS maurya got failed on these term ..atleast for me.

it might be my last visit

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bhuvnesh_dogra
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your review for ITC Maurya.
Your feedback is valuable to us and we are concerned to hear that your overall experience at our hotel was not upto your expectations.

While we apologise for the incovenience caused, we request you to consider this an aberation not reflective of our usual standards of service.

We sincerely hope you choose to dine with us again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

london
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, I guess its never too late.

My family and I stayed at the ITC Maurya (Delhi) in January 2013, with the sole purpose of shopping!. After a hard day at work (trawling the streets of Delhi) it was a complete blessing and delight to return to the comfort of the Maurya. A fantastic hotel with superior facilities and the best of all the property’s true asset; their phenomenal staff. The staff are warm, hospitable, attentive and just couldn’t do enough for us. Highlights include:

Breakfast at the Coffee Shop: The very attentive Gautam ensured all our needs were met during breakfast and even extending the kindness to accommodate the needs of my sister who was slightly ill for a few days. Nothing was too much.

Bar/Lounge: We loved the happy hour after a hard day at work! Sandeep always took such good care of us paying special attention to our likes/dislikes and preparing some delightful cocktails. Service with a smile, always

Dumpukht and Bukara: Phenomenal dining experience! The restaurants definitely live up to their name. We enjoyed some delightful and exquisite food topped with great hospitality by all the staff. I would recommend this place to all gourmand’s! I would like to specifically mention the restaurant manager Karanbir, his passion and zeal for what he does truly emanates. You can actually visualize and taste the food while he explains it! An extremely attentive individual demonstrating great hospitality and making our experience unforgettable.

Accommodation: Our room 1622 , spacious, airy, well decorated, fully equipped with all essentials and more. I am well travelled and I must say it is one of the best rooms I have stayed in.

In all honestly I really have nothing negative to say. Highly recommended for a comfortable stay, great food, service with a smile, comfort and celebrity spotting!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank shipra s
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking out time to write such a wonderful, detailed review on your experience at ITC Maurya.

We are truly grateful for your delightful comments and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation, restaurants and warm service at our hotel. Your compliments for our team have also been shared with them and they are most pleased to hear the same.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Was in Dehli recently for some business meetings and had the pleasure to stay at ITC Mauraya for a week. Must say the new upgraded ITC ONE wing was exceptional with its well appointed fixtures and wonderful decor. The dining experiences at Dum Phukt and West View were incredible.Most impressive is the staff with attention to detail and customer service their mantra

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Thinkeer
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your wonderful comments for ITC Maurya and are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us in our new, enhanced ITC One.

At our hotel, we strive to provide the best of our services at all times to ensure a warm and memorable stay. Your compliments for our team have been shared with them and they are also delighted to hear the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Had the chance to stay in this fine hotel during a recent trip to Delhi. A fabulous place, immaculately turned out staff falling over themselves to be helpful. Plenty of eating options in house, all of an excellent standard. A very p,easing place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TheFatNo8
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Was at ITC Maurya for 3 nights for business during June 2013. Having stayed at ITC properties previously in Mumbai and Bangalore, the Maurya was a bit of a letdown. The 70s style concrete bunker facade when you arrive definitely lacks the air of opulence of say the ITC Maratha in Mumbai. However, it was the service inside that was surprising on the negative side. There was no door greeter on arrival, things seemed chaotic at the checkin desk, and the person who checked us in was brand-new and unfamiliar with the systems. They had to repeatedly get assistance from another member of staff and it took a long time to check in.

Once in the room, things continued to be not that impressive. The room was by far the smallest of my two week stay in India and also the most expensive. Annoyingly, the TV turns on every time you enter the room, set to play ITC marketing material. If you enter the room a lot, this becomes a real annoyance. This is a general ITC gripe though, not just Maurya.

The bed was comfortable, the shower was good and the room was reasonably appointed although very small. We ate at the chinese restaurant on the roof one evening, which was quite tasty and with excellent service. We also at ate the famous Bhukara, which while very good, didn't maybe live up to the hype. We found the Peshawri in Mumbai that we ate at several days earlier (sister restaurant, same concept) to be better. The portions of naan at Bhukara were small, the Paratha Pudina was a bit burnt ... and the leg of lamb while amazing was not quite as good as I enjoyed previously. The service as always was very good.

Overall, this hotel was mediocre at best in terms of experience.

Room Tip: rooms at the back have a view of a bunch of unsightly satellite dishes. ask for one at the front.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable and detailed review for ITC Maurya. While we are happy to hear your appreciation for the service at our restaurants, we are concerned to hear that your overall experience with us was not upto your expectations.

We apologise for the incovenience caused and request you to consider this an aberation not reflective of our usual standards of service. We also request you to kindly share your contact details so we can get in touch with you and understand your concerns in detail.

We do hope you stay with us again and sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. the service was outstanding and exceptional and the client relations employee, Karichma was more than helpful, knowing it was my first trip to India. She was extremely helpful in terms if advice where to go what to eat, from where to buy Indian attires for the Indian wedding I had, everything! basically, she cared so much to make my stay in as pleasant as possible, not only in the hotel but in the country as a whole. I will definitely stay in this hotel again in my net trip to India.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback for ITC Maurya and we are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us.

Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best of our services at all times to ensure a warm and memorable stay. Your compliments for our team have been shared with them and they are also delighted to hear the same.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.