“Best Taka Dahl ever”

Ranked #11 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Best Taka Dahl ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Very comfortable swish hotel. Great service, a pleasant "English" bar, and a choice of restaurants to eat.The Bhukara restaurant provides excellent tandoori meats, unbelievably good prawns, superb tender paneer cheese, and the best taka dahl I have ever tasted.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DickSands
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review for ITC Maurya and our restaurants.
Here, we strive to offer a memorable and indigenous experience to all our guests and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal at Bukhara.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager - ITC Maurya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Moradabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

This luxury hotel is located in very good loction.I have stayed here both alone and with family.My last stay here was with family in August 2013.
As far as welcome of guest at entry into lobby and reception, this place is colder than other luxury hotels in New Delhi.Being in hospitality they must be warmer and more courteous.
Dome of lobby is very beautiful and has paintings of Maurya Dynasty.
Stayed in club room.Rooms are good but service not upto the desired level expected from luxury hotel.
Bukhara and roof-top restaurant West View are wonderful with excellent service.

Room Tip: better if you get a pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant and valuable review for ITC Maurya.
We are happy to hear your appreciation for our hotel's location, ambiance and restaurant service.

At our hotel, we strive to provide a warm and memorable experience to our guests at all times and are concerned to hear that your experience with us was not reflective of our usual service standards. We request you to kindly share your contact details so we can get in touch with you and understand your concerns in detail.

We do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

It was really amazing to stay at this property brought to us by ITC. It has the best standards and has the best food as well. My room was very good and spacious, neat and clean. The food was amazing. The comfort and luxury what I look in all my business stays were extra met here. I would recommend everyone to stay at ITC Maurya if possible when in Delhi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback for ITC Maurya. We are grateful and pleased to hear your appreciation for our hotel.

We are delighted we could make your experience a truly comfortable and luxurious one, and you would like to recommend us to others.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to New Delhi.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in September on business and the experience was relaxing considering the hectic schedule and jet lag I experienced.

The rooms are very clean with all the conveniences you would expect of a 5-star hotel. The air conditioning was a bit strong right on the bed, so I had to play around with that at night.

The service was very friendly and abundant. There seems to be more service staff than guests during my visit. One nice lady showed me into a wedding ceremony that was taking place.

The food in the restaurant was quite good with a huge selection and staff ready at the turn of a head. All the standard high end hotel fare was available plus many condiments. This means South Asian, East Asian, Europe and North American. I preferred the rooftop dining lounge as the atmosphere there was better.

The location is good if you're trying to get to South Delhi destinations as I was. Also, fairly easy to get to Eastern locations (e.g., Noida). However, since it's the leafy diplomatic district, walking distances are quite lengthy, so taxi is the main form of transportation.

The hotel went above and beyond as I left a electronic charging cable in the room and the hotel shipped it to me.

I didn't use the gym or pool, but did have an expensive tea in the bar area. The noise level was a bit loud for me in there as there was a DJ who was making conversation a difficult task.
I don't know exactly how much we paid since a colleague took care of it, but I think it was about 10,000 Rupees.

Room Tip: I saw the suites in the main building and they seem more comfortable than bldg. 2 plus they are fart...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing a pleasant, detailed review on your experience at ITC Maurya. We are happy to hear your appreciation for our accommodation, restaurants and services and that we could make your stay a relaxing one.

At our hotel, we value our guests and strive to offer a warm, comfortable and memorable experience at all times.
We have also noted your inisghts regarding the noise level in the bar area and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We thank you once again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've stayed in this hotel for two nights and my experience is awesome.. I stayed in the ITC one room and its just excellent from all view and angles. Restaurants are also quite big and have lots of items available for all sorts of visitors in the buffet plus chefs are experts in making all sorts of food you ask for.

I'll choose Maurya again on my next visit to Delhi.

Room Tip: Choose ITC One rooms they are the best room available in ITC hotels
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travel_kolkata_ta
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciating ITC Maurya through your wonderful comments for our hotel's accommodation and restaurants.

We are pleased to hear that we have managed to delight you with all aspects of the products and services we offer.
We thank you once again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to New Delhi.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My first trip with my daughter to Delhi was made into a fantastic one by ITC maurya team who upgrade me to the Suite and gave very warm welcome to my family. A world class hotel with lovely breakfast. would love to come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review for ITC Maurya. We are most pleased to know that we could make your first trip to New Delhi a fantastic one.

We have shared your compliments with our team and they are also delighted and grateful to hear the same.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been fortunate to stay here a number of times. Each time I have been very pleased with the pleasant staff, the fine room, and wonderful restaurants. This is a world class hotel, and I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback for the staff, accommodation and restaurants at ITC Maurya. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and look forward to staying with us again soon.

We thank you once again and also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.