Stayed here in August 2013 on our way back to Europe from Ladakh.
Very nice hotel, effortless service, neatly maintained, spacious and clean rooms.
Breakfast spread is very nice and open long (we arrived by 11:00 am and were still able to enjoy a hearty breakfast). Indian breakfast "classics" such as Dhosa, Idli and Vadha are very nice, especially the Masala Dhosa.
One minor hiccup: On the Sheraton homepage I booked a special offer that mentioned 20% discount on F&B, Spa and laundry. That led to a discussion while settling the bill as the person at reception insisted (and confirmed with his manager) that no such offer existed. After checking the internet booking platform I could show the and we got the discount without further discussion.
Note: Double check if special discounts are noted on your (printed) reservation, otherwise they might not give discounts mentioned online.
Restaurant Bukkhara is an absolute must, the glass kitchen lets you see the Tandoori chefs in action, the portions are huge, the meat is grilled to perfection. The menu is delightfully small, (and not really suitable for vegetarians, imho). Try the lamb skewer (goat meat), it falls right off the bone and melts in your mouth.
Place gets crowded and is frequnetly booked but as a guest you might have a chance to get a seat if you book ahead well in advance.
Dinner in the second restaurant is a "classic" buffet with good quality food.
The Spa is fantastic, we took a 90-min deep tissue massage, after which you are so relaxed you feel like jelly. Highly recommended.
Hotel is located in the diplomatic enclave, so yes, transport can be an issue, but the hotel can organize drops (without the driver waiting) and pick you up at a designated time and place or after you call them.
All in all a great place to stay in Delhi, would definitely come again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in greenery in the heart of Delhi, ITC Maurya - a premier luxury hotel, is acknowledged as the preferred 'Residence for World Leaders and Global Icons' for over 30 years. The 438 room property epitomizes the luxury hotel experience with exemplary service and warm hospitality soaked in Indian traditions. The hotel has established industry benchmarks in safety and security, wide choice of premium rooms and suites, world renowned restaurants, banqueting facilities, spa, wellness and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your ITC Maurya, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Itc Maurya Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Itc Maurya
- Itc Mourya Delhi
- Itc Maurya Delhi