“Very luxurious, very good service”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very luxurious, very good service”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed in the towers double room. Check in was through a separate desk, staff were quick, and assisted with all of my questions. The room was very large, clean, had one of the best beds I've slept on. Room and Bathroom was well appointed, tv, fridge, proper reading and writing desk. The hotel breakfast is like most 5 star hotels in India, plenty of local and international options. I left a bag lock in the room and received an email from the hotel stating that I had left this. This is the first i have come across such service. Well done Maurya.
My room had a view of the pools area, looked like a great place to unwind.
The only downside about the hotel is paid Wi-Fi, in this day and age for the steep room price charged, i'd expect the wifi to be complimentary.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms that have been renovated recently. Pool view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Good hotel, not too far from the Airport and the city center (beware of the traffic). Nice restaurants and bars. Good level of service fro mall the teams (check-in/out, waiters, luggages service, etc...)
Nice pool and spa

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I went to New Delhi in Nov, 2013 and stayed at ITC for several days (in and out). The hotel service at front desk was excellent. Most of them could remember me and provide me a very friendly service. They even reserved me a room on the women floor. This was very exclusive for me. I felt safe and good taken care of. The Indian food there was also great!

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed in the hotel for the last 30 years Apart my work this time I used to do some puja rooms mare clean and comfortable but more importantly service throughout the hotel is excellent.Mani rahaja at guest reelation was most professional and effective I stayed in this hotel in november

India
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's not often that I choose to stay in non-Taj properties in India and this was one of the rare occasions that I chose to stay in one.
The ITC Maurya is an amazing property, the art itself is drool worthy to say the least and the service is par excellence. Every department in the ITC is driven, motivated and an epitome of a service industry employee.
The only thing that proved to be the stone in my shoe this time was the 'extras'
First of all I am, as a rule, disgusted with any hotel that charges a packet for accommodation and then charges for the wi-fi. In modern times, where the internet has assumed the same critical life support system as air for breathing, I don't see why luxury hotels charging us generously should not provide us this basic necessity.
The icing on the ITC property cake was when I used the Executive Lounge and was promptly handed over a bill for tea and coffee.
Now having used Executive Lounges in 5* properties from Australia to Tanzania to Brazil, the one thing that is a constant is that one of the reasons that you pay the extra for the Executive Lounge is that you can go up in the evening and enjoy a drink (even alcohol), snacks, coffee, etc. and nowhere in the world (nor in India) have I been asked to pay for anything ordered in the Executive Lounge.
Except in ITC.
Despite charging one of the highest room rates in the whole of Delhi, I found it not-nice on their part to be so petty.

Columbus
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I returned from a 4 night stay; we stayed in the ITC One rooms. Rooms are clean and comfortable but, more importantly, service throughout the hotel is excellent. Anand, in charge of reception desk, was most professional and effective; Vivek was most helpful during the check-in and check out process; the concierge (I forget the wonderful Sikh gentleman's name) was very helpful when we ran into some health issues and were in need for medicines. My wife is an extremely healthy eater -- the helpful chefs were at out table to take the order and make sure our order was perfect each time. Will certainly be returning every year to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your delightful feedback on your stay at ITC Maurya. We are pleased and grateful to hear your appreciation for our service and have shared your compliments with our team.

At our hotel, we strive to offer a warm, comfortable and memorable experience to our guests, and your appreciation is the greatest encouragement.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
Anil Chadha
General Manager - ITC Maurya
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel in November on a extensive trip of India.
This hotel was the first hotel we stayed in while in India and it was nothing short of terrific.
Being in the Diplomatic Area made the security high, but this is the same all over India.
The check in and out process was fast.
The staff were polite and friendly and eager to help.
The breakfast buffet was the best I had while in India.
The gym facilities were clean and had all the equipment needed for a good workout.
We ate in two of the fabulous restaurants and I will review them separately as thirst were both a great experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments for the services and restaurants at ITC Maurya.

We are most pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be terrific and your breakfast experience in particular, was the best you had in India.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to New Delhi.

Yours sincerely,