“Nice Hotel but was let down by Concierge”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed in Feb for the business trip, I was upgraded to a spacious room and the luxury hours were fantastic. The check in was smooth but was extremely disappointed by the concierge services. I have stayed in few hotels in Delhi with some great guys at concierge. But this was an exception here for a stature of a hotel like ITC. The concierge was not able to recommend a good restaurant, had to search for ages for recommending a night club and did not provide alternatives to go to Agra. Some serious improvement needed for staffing at concierge.

Food at Bukhara was brilliant !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at ITC Maurya. We are happy to hear your appreciation for our accommodation and your dining experience at Bukhara.

We have also noted your important insights regarding the concierge service and are concerned to know that our service was not upto the quality experience that we endeavor to deliver.

We assue you that we are looking into your feedback and do look forward to having you stay with us again,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a way to demean a name like ITC. Absolutely ruthless service. Called the room service. Took 1 hour to come and came with a wrong order. Same with housekeeping. And when I escalated, the Duty manager was standing with some old gentleman Mr Sanjeev Hans. Oh, what a tragic consequence for ITC. This man says, if you don't like our service, don't come again. We only want guests who appreciate our property, Damn-it this man started shouting at me, I just packed my bags and exited the property 3 hours earlier than I was supposed to go to the airport. This guy was like crack. Tragedy for ITC to have this person in some senior Sales and Marketing role.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
14  Thank 771Jango
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at Mauraya in Dec 2013 with my family. We had two tower and one executive club room.
Room was spacious, neat and clean with excellent room service. There are areas on which ITC Maurya need to improve on
1. Staff’s attention to details is poor and lack of knowledge about own organisational procedures. They seem confused when you ask them a question. I rang the reception couple of times before my stay and had queries about my reservation. Lady on the phone was fumbling for answer and after struggling for seven minutes she transferred me to the some department which never answered my phone. I was on hold for at least 30 mins after which I hung up.

2. We had continental plan but the problem was there were long queues at all three restaurants. We went to roof top restaurant, queued up for our turn which finally came after 25 minutes wait And then one of the staff came, took the guests who were behind us. I had to complain about this. I thought when you queue up it means first in first served, simple common sense. Staff didn’t even bother asking “whose next”.

3. Three weeks ago I requested a copy of my bill but so for I haven’t even got a reply of my email.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vipram K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback for ITC Maurya. While we are happy to hear your appreciation for our accommodation, we are most concerned to know that your overall stay with us was not upto the quality experience that we endeavor to offer.

While we have noted your important insights and are addressing the same, we also apologise for the reported inconvience and request you to consider this as an aberration to our standards of service.

We do look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

its pleasure to write this review for the hotel were we have been staying for more than two decades,to express our views inshort is just impossible , we wish to express that we consider MAURYA as our second HOME
the kind of hospitality service what we get here makes us feel that we r in the top of the world. Be it front desk or the lounge or the coffee shop or internet centre and the three restaurants were we dine the food the presentations the spread of buffet is just superb.To top it" all is the hospitality of the staff who make us feel more than a home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are so delighted to read your comment about ITC Maurya - Thank you!! It is indeed an honor that you think of us as your 'second home'. It is always a pleasure to serve loyal guests like yourselves.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly but it is the first time my wife has accompanied me.
It is a truely comfortable hotel offering superb service and hospitality.

We stayed in the ITC 1 towers with a great room.
Towers lounge also fantastic hospitality. It was our wedding anniversary and the trouble they went to was awesome.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the ITC 1 towers; it's worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on ITC Maurya. We are pleased to know you chose to celebrate your wedding Anniversary at our hotel and enjoyed our service, accommodation and hospitality.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

First and foremost, a 5 is deserving if the service had been better. If you are looking for a very comfortable hotel - ITC Maurya is extremely good. Where it fails is in service. We checked in at 0200 and the room was still not ready even though we paid for the full day (that should be starting from 1200 the previous day). No satisfactory answer, no "please sit Down and have a cup of coffee..". Nothing. So the start was not great. The room itself was upto standard. Easy to work from and good. The service Level offered by the property - i would like to break into 2. All those behind Counters - Reception, Travel desk etc - Sub-standard. All the others such as Door Men, Waiters, Hostess at restaurants etc. - Excellent. Noise Level in the lobby is high. so if you want a quite corner, head to the coffee shop in the left wing or the restaurant on the topmost floor.

Will I choose this hotel again. Maybe. Not 100% convinced.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms that face the front of the hotel. on 1585 I still had noise come in from out...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kurtdigital

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. While we are happy to know you found our rooms comfortable and your overall experience was good, we are concerned to hear your feedback on our service. We have taken your insights into account and are addressing the same with our team.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel last December with my husband. We had a beautiful room with a lovely view on the VIP floor. The hotel had everything what a tourist would want and more. Right from the check-in desk, everyone was incredibly polite. The room is good sized and is recently renovated. The staff was very helpful for sightseeing and local food advice. The tours arranged by the hotel are very expensive. I would recommend to rent a taxi for a day or two instead. Local taxis are available at the entrance of the hotel.
The hotel has internationally famous restaurant Bukhara which is an added plus point. The breakfast was super and huge. The ground-flour restaurant meant for breakfast was full so we were asked to go to the rooftop where the view was superb and hospitality unbeatable. The location is also very good. The lobby has a big collection of art by famous Indian artists.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends and all those who want to visit New Delhi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the grand presidential floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback for the accommodation, services and restaurants at ITC Maurya.

We are truly delighted that you enjoyed the warm and memorable experience that we strive to offer here, and are also grateful to hear your delightful appreciation for our staff.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.