“Good facilities, but disappointing service”

ITC Maurya, New Delhi
Ranked #14 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights in July for business.

First the positives:
+ Nice location in a quite part of the town (Diplomatic Enclave)
+ Large, clean rooms with good amenities ... Molton Brown bath products a nice touch of luxury
+ Great restaurant selection and food, although expensive (especially the alcohol)
+ Very nice spa ... one of the best massages that I've had in a long time

Now, the reasons why I would NOT recommend this hotel:
- Front desk ... non-smoking room that I reserved was "given away" to another guest. Guy at check-in took 15 minutes to figure out what to do with me, and I could hear him telling the manager that my rate didn't quality for a better room ... not very professional
- Restaurant ... breakfast can be extremely busy and the staff does not deal with the chaos well. My colleague and I on separate occasions had our tables given away to another guest while we got up to get some coffee
- Room service ... messed up my order and took forever to resolve. And on top of that, the food wasn't very good

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank CaptainChina
Write a ReviewReviews (2,792)

Reviewed 15 July 2009

I stayed at the Maurya Sheraton in September, 1984. Your quiz doesn't go back that far. I LOVED it! It was beautiful and one could really experience Indian culture. I had excellent service . I took a cab in every day to be with friends in Vijay Nagar. I went on a tour of Delhi, New Delhi and Agra and saw the Taj Mahal.

The whole trip was an exotic paradise. I hope I get the opportunity to stay there again.

Reneé T. Armstead
(Beachwood, Ohio)

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank RTA6226
Reviewed 21 June 2009

What a grand welcome this great hotel offers! This was the same hotel Bill Clinton chose to stay during his visit to India.No doubt I too was completely overwhelmed by the grandiosity of this place.

This is surrounded by one of the greenest places in Delhi.Located in the heart of Diplomatic enclave this hotel in very convenient for meetings with politicians.I stayed here overnight for our business meeting in an executive suite in New Tower .Food was great as usual, delicious, vibrant display and great variety.The bathroom utility products are also of very good quality

The price is surprisingly low as compared to other well known business hotels in Delhi.You can book your stay thru website which offers great prices.

In all a magnificient place to stay.It's a landmark hotel to witness the richness of Indian heritage.

2  Thank Gautamk
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Only had the pleasure of staying here for one night, but as with all the ITC hotels I have stayed in, everyone was friendly and helpful..

The rooms were spacious and very clean.

We ate in the hotel that evening and had a selection of sushi, which was lovely, we were celebrating a birthday that evening and they made the evening extra special.

The hotel is a little way from the the sights - short cab ride its well worth to sometimes escape and be in a relaxing environment..

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank staceyfish
Reviewed 15 June 2009

very well located, great property, looks old from outside but well appointed inside. the best is the indian food restaurant- bukhara. overall food is exceptional in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2006
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Stayed at Maurya hotel for 2 days. On my arrival day, I had some time over and could enjoy the pool. Very good service and friendly staff. On one night, I needed cash for the day after and reception send their car to take me to nearest ATM. As a single woman traveller, the transfer to airport was complementery. I had a room on Star Guest Prefered Floor -Room 1505. Very interesting painting in the main lobby. One thing though which I found strange : when I needed a car for a day, I didn't receive an official price list for car renting....instead the answer was a little bit confused and unclear. The stay was very good overall. But be ready that restaurants in the hotel are quite expensive. I had Lunch Buffet, it was really good, costs 2000INR.

1  Thank Anne-Christine
Reviewed 13 June 2009

I had stayed in Maurya, as part of my business visit to Delhi. My overall experience was just amazing..

1. The room's warm colors give you a sense of peace and comfort, especially at the end of an arduous day
2. Each room has its own mini-bar - stocked with the best alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
3.The swimming pool was large and very well maintained
4. There was rich variety in food - plenty to choose from (Buffet at coffee shop, Bukhara, Drinks at the club etc)
5. Prompt room service
6. Very helpful staff - (for instance, they never showed me directions but actually led me to the place)

Truly delightful experience overall - would love to return..