How to describe what a terrific, elegant but unpretentious, wonderful, welcoming , and even calming place this is?
I had heard this was one of the top 5-star New Delhi hotels, and the hotel of choice for stay and/or meals, of many successful business people, and international diplomats: the Clintons...Condeleeza Rice...etc ( After staying there, i read Pres. Obama will be there in November.)
So I wondered...how will they treat us? , We're "just" tourists, sweaty, hot and dusty upon arrival from Agra, wearing the most casual clothes . Will we feel out of place?
Well...turns out that is one of the beauties of this place...everyone we saw (including us) was treated like a" VIP". What warm, welcoming, friendly people- the doormen, porters, reception desk staff, housekeeping staff. Unlike some places, we did not feel the cordiality was fake, or based upon expectation of a good tip.
Upon checking in, we mentioned to Front Desk executive Bella (i hope she is still there to see this) that we love to shop at Fabinida. She said she does too. End of discussion. We proceeded to our room. FIve minutes later, there's a call from Bella, with address, directions and info with nearby landmarks, in case we are interested in shopping later at the nearest Fabindia. It was that kind of personalized service, in a large hotel, that made a great impression.
The room was beautifully decorated, the air conditioning and temperature control perfect and quiet (and necessary, in 110 degree F heat!) with great quality toiletries (Fiama di Wills, which are at all the ITC hotels) and assorted other charming bells and whistles--a booklet of advice about the importance of a good night sleep, a scented disposable "handkerchief" on the pillow, an offer of nighttime Horlicks (not sure if that was "complimentary" --but the fruit plate is) . The bathroom was modern, the pool and the outdoor garden were beautiful. Main lobby with its amazing art around the ceiling periphery, and view to the garden, is stunning. The beds were comfortable. There was plenty of frequently replaced bottled water . (If i recall right--i may be confusing this with another hotel-- they also have a water filtration system and you can drink from the room tap--but they provide bottled water for those who prefer it.) The bath towels were soft and huge. And on and on, etc etc.
Somewhere I read that until you try an Indian hotel with true five star service (Oberoi, Taj, ITC) you dont know what "hotel service" really is. We used Starwood Points for this stay. . But this hotel is so outstanding, on future trip to New Delhi, i will save up $ for it if those SPG points have run out! Now that we've been there, we cannot imagine New Delhi without a stay at ITC Maurya .While there is lots of activiity--comings and goings of all sorts of people--it never felt harried or rushed. Just the opposite--an oasis of calm in the midst of fascinating , chaotic New Delhi.
The area around the hotel is also lovely. It's a restful oasis in the midst of fascinating, but chaotic, New Delhi. Had it not been so hot, the area would have made for some lovely walks, or sitting in the garden or around the pool for an afternoon. Even the Cafe Coffee Day around the corner (across the road from the Taj Hotel) is in a small park-like setting. ( BTW, this place a good option for inexpensive breakfast/coffee/sandwiches quite near the Maurya.)
If you are in the area at lunch or dinner, try the nearby Moti Mahal in Malcha Marg . Food was delicious, and while a different type of food, cost way less than the famous restaurants (Bukhara, Dum Pukht ) at the Maurya. There's also a tea and spice shop in Malcha Marg lane.
I dont know how they do it, but kudos, thank you, shukria, to the entire staff of ITC Mauray, an ncredible hotel in Incredible India!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in greenery in the heart of Delhi, ITC Maurya - a premier luxury hotel, is acknowledged as the preferred 'Residence for World Leaders and Global Icons' for over 30 years. The 438 room property epitomizes the luxury hotel experience with exemplary service and warm hospitality soaked in Indian traditions. The hotel has established industry benchmarks in safety and security, wide choice of premium rooms and suites, world renowned restaurants, banqueting facilities, spa, wellness and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ITC Maurya, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Itc Maurya Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Itc Maurya
- Itc Maurya Delhi
- Itc Mourya Delhi