“Beautifully Elegant, with great service to boot!”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We arrived two days after the Mumbai bombings and when we arrived at the hotel, security was high (it may be like this year round, I can only comment on what I saw). Whilst it was rigorous, it was appreciated as we knew we were staying somewhere safe.

When you walk through the door you get a sense of simplistic elegance. However, when moving to our room the central atrium opened to warmth of colour and a whole new level of elegance appeared.

The rooms were impeccable although I did have a hole in my sheets (not that it personally bothered me). The bathroom was stunning and their use of lighting to "set the mood" was fantastic (bear in mind I was staying with a girl-friend!). I loved the central electronic dash next to the bed that enabled you to have full control over everything electronic from the comfort of your bed.

The service was also fantastic down to me asking for a pancake just before breakfast closed and them making a new batch of mix from scratch!! I actually felt bad about this! Everyone was happy to help including organising a tour around Delhi for our nicknamed "crash course to India".

I also, cannot boast enough about the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G spa! I spent three hours in this wonderful haven and indulged in sparkling grape juice, the steam room, a full body scrub, the Jacuzzi, a full body massage, full body showers and green tea to top it all off! They gave me full use of all body products (including a choice of scrub - not that I needed it) and have hair dryers etc. for your convenience.

Overall, the best hotel we stayed at during our 5 week exploration of Sri Lanka, India and Singapore.

Room Tip: Book the executive floors or better, well worth the little extra! We stayed in 1608 (I think) and it...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,979)

Reviewed 4 August 2011

This hotel is super modern and room was very comfortable.
Lobby is modern and chic but not very inviting.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We have just returned from a vacation trip to Delhi where we stayed again at the hotel
Le Meridien. Not only is the location great, the hotel itself is super modern.
The rooms are quiet and comfortable and spacious. The TV has so many programs
one could stay in all day. The bed is heavenly comfortable.
The hotel also has a splendid restaurant called Monsoon,
Finally I would like to mention the staff, nothing is too much, from the managers down
they are very curtious and helpful, nothing is to much trouble.
Will defenitly stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2011

After 2+ weeks backpacking all over Rajasthan (and Agra), we decided to use a few more SPG points to pamper ourselves at a nice hotel. Compared to other SPG hotels we stayed at during the trip, Le Meridien's rooms were the smallest but the Club Lounge (if you're SPG Gold or Plat) made this hotel remarkable for the 2 days we were there.

We had a great view facing Conaught Pl on the 16th floor SPG level floor, though I would have preferred to face North towards the India Gate and Presidential Palace.

Overall, this hotel was top notch in the looks department but miss on several service elements in the front of house and breakfast. The SPG Club Lounge was the only redeeming aspect. Also, the house keeping person on our floor was great! He was always so cheerful and kind.

Check-in was a bit difficult as we showed up looking like grungy backpackers. The Front of House (man in the pin-stripe suit) at first refused to give us the same SPG Gold treatment we had received at the other SPG properties. Only after calling the head manager, did the FoH reluctantly agree to waive our 3rd person "roll-out bed" charge and provide us with complementary breakfast.

The room itself was nice, yet small. The beds were literally single beds (it felt like I was back in the college dorms again), but they were comfortable. We ordered some of the additional pillows mentioned in the pamphlet (incl. the body pillow) which was nice. The bathroom was large, but the bathtub didn't drain properly, which was annoying. The lighting thing in the room was pretty cool-- making the wall glow blue or orange, depending on your mood.

The breakfast was probably the worst of all the breakfasts we had in India. We opted to dine in the regular room for the view of India gate instead of in the Club lounge. The service was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Waitstaff was slow to bring coffee/tea and even slower to bring water, even after repeated requests. Plates were NEVER cleared. Food that was spilled in the buffet line was never cleaned up. The cereal section was a MESS with food scraps everywhere and NO clean cereal bowls. Tablecloths were not changed after guests left, as we saw several food stains and food scraps when we sat down. Meanwhile, there were always 4-5 employees in suits gathered around the entrance to the restaurant. The omelette man was also pretty terrible as handling the demand, remembering the order, and maintaining the order of the queue.

The hotel gets a 3 instead of a 2 in my book only because of the Starwood Club Lounge. The staff there is extremely nice and accommodating! There are 2 computer terminals for guests to use the internet and print. (I wish there was complementary WiFi in the lounge too.) Happy hour was from 6-8, which included complimentary delicious hot appetizers and alcoholic drinks (wine, beer, spirits). I never went for afternoon tea and snacks, but we did get some tea while we were lounging there after breakfast.

Tip: if you don't have a driver and don't want to be ripped off by the non-AC taxi's (blue and yellow taxis) that queue in the hotel, I recommend walking down the ramp to the street level to call your own auto or taxi.

Room Tip: The SPG Club floors higher up and get you access into the club lounge on the 21st floor.
Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Although we were there for just a night, this hotel gave us all the comfort needed for a good night stay. Greatly liked the lounge and the lobby. The restaurants were very good - we tried "The One" which provided excellent Italian salad and pasta. The morning breakfast buffet was superb. Service was excellent.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms provide a great view of the Connaught Place and Parliament Hall.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Ranjan
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Visited this hotel with a business group. Very good rooms, modern, clean and spacious. Great bathroom. The restaurante offers good indian and international food. Would recomend and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LuGarcia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

it's 1 amazing hotel, i liked the massage area,the way they have built it n the staff of gym who really helped me out with my health n the hospitality was really nice. had an amazing time over there with family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family