“Superb”

Ranked #17 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Haifa, Israel
“Superb”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Le Meridien is a modern and very comfortable 5-star property in New Delhi. This was my second visit at this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel if it suits your budget. A bit pricey but well worth the money. Both times we were three persons in the room. Like I said before, we got a free upgrade to a beautiful suite with a panoramic view of New Delhi. It had a huge bedroom and an even bigger living room. A basket of fresh fruit and a bottle of excellent red wine was provided with the compliments of the manager. As customary to all 5-star hotels in India, bottled mineral drinking water was provided daily and free of charge. The previous time, we had a standard room which was also spacious and comfortable. We couldn't forget the beauty and comfort of this hotel. Hence we chose to return to the same place a second time. You must try this hotel sometime !

Room Tip: We got upgraded to a suite which was absolutely gorgeous. It had a 180 (or more) degree panoramic v...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
San Bruno, California
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Le Meridien has all the comforts one would expect as a US traveler: grand modern lobby and dramatic atrium, clean well appointed rooms, city views, a varied buffet breakfast and polite, helpful staff. There's also a garden, swimming pool and meeting rooms which this guest didn't use. There's very little flavor of India here, except for staff and some cuisine choices, but Western travelers may appreciate the comforts of home.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I stayed at the Meridien for 2 nights on business last week. I took a taxi from the airport (Mega Cab stand as soon as you exit the terminal) thew cost was approx 550 Rupees for a car with AC.

The hotel is very modern with very helpful and efficient staff, I stayed on the SPG floor with a view over India Gate. The rooms are clean and spacious, have ipod docks and nice bathrooms (thougth mine only had a shower, which is fine if on business).

There is a good selection at breakfast and the restaurants also have very good food.

Overall a good stay with great staff and would stay again, though is definitely a more business orientated hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor with India Gate view if possibble
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Miami
Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

I am in international business, traveling all over the world and staying extensively in hotels. This is my favorite! Whenever I am in Delhi would never go anywhere else. Why? It is an all in one deal. First, it is an SPG hotel, standards are controlled. second, the location is perfect. The Staff is outstanding, I never received better service, than here. The rooms are nice, personally I love the mood light bed wall, and the view to Delhi. Gym, spa, fantastic lounge. I like the variety of the restaurants, Especially the little bar with all kinds of chocolates. I am using iPad and iPhone for internet and find it fast, easily can use viber, skype etc. . I truly recommend it!!!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 December 2012

After a long trip to get to India, what a nice quiet place to go "home" to rest. While our stay was only two nights, they were the most restful and quiet nights to become acclaimated to our "new" time zone. The hotel staff was great and very helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelcityguy
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed here while in India for a wedding in November 2012.

The good:
Clean, well appointed room with a nice view and all of the modern amenities you could need. Attentive, professional staff. The breakfast buffet at 'One' restaurant was included in the room rate and was excellent. A nice mix of Indian and International food, with made to order omelettes and waffles. The bar downstairs was nice, but like most hotel bars while we were in India, did not have many patrons.

The bad:
The chinese restaurant on the top floor was both expensive and mediocre. Arranging for a car with the travel desk was much more expensive than other places we had stayed in India. Even after settling on a rate, they later tried to increase the cost further. I do give them some slack here as it was the wedding season and we made the arrangement fairly last minute - but it was still 3-4 times more than what other hotels had charged.

Overall:
I would stay here again. The hotel was what you would expect from a 4-5 star property and is representative of Le Meridien standards.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I booked this hotel because it was rated a 5* hotel. It is definitely not that. Although the room is nice, I never got a night of peaceful rest because the walls are paper thin. As high as the internet charges are I never got any consistent service in my room and was forced to go outside my room if I wanted access. The day before my departure the staff kept constantly calling my room to make sure I was leaving the next day and wanted to know my timings. My son and I were taking a nap and kept waking up from the phone calls.

I would never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family