“Memorable stay in Hotel Le Meridien Through Royale Premium club”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #17 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I went to Hotel Le Meridian New Delhi with my friends Through Royale Premium Club. Outstanding hotel, Service was fantastic if not a bit overwhelming. Rooms were very nice. Such a execellent 4 star hotel with large clean rooms with comfortable bedding. Very good fitness facility. I used my 06 Nights in Le meridian Delhi. I personally thanks to RPC Holidays for giving me the best stay of my life.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,057)

Reviewed 17 January 2013

When we arrived was at 5am in the morning, we received a full breakfast on the house in our room.
Our complete three day stay here was superb.
Food was nice, staff were very helpful & friendly.
Hotel & rooms were always clean.
No problems & everything worked.
I also remember one night i called reception for something & in no time it arrived.

Il definitely go back to this hotel & suggest this hotel to others

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MuhammadAsvat
Reviewed 17 January 2013

As soon as you step into the check-in lounge, you know you're in a 5-star hotel. The extremely high ceilings, open spaces, modern furnishings and general interior makes the entire place feel very grand. Even the reception area bathrooms are ridiculously large.

I can't comment much on the value, as we got lucky with a free upgrade to this hotel as part of our tour package with Elegant Journeys. However, I believe Le Meridien is actually quite reasonably priced compared to hotels of similar calibre in western countries.

Location is fairly good as well. Le Meridien is situated amongst all the top hotels in the area, in close proximity to the main tourist attractions/monuments in Delhi.

Breakfast was a definite highlight - they served the biggest array of Western and Indian options. I usually scoff down brekkie in 10minutes but I was willing to drag myself out of bed an extra half hour earlier each morning just so I could leisurely enjoy what they had to offer.

Only a few minor complains:
1. There's a menu of about 10 different pillow types you can choose from and we were pretty excited about it. However, of the 4 we requested, only 2 actually arrived.
2. Internet was down for a while, which isn't something you'd expect from a 5-star hotel, especially since it's not free. But maybe it was a one-off issue.
3. This one isn't so much a complaint as a heads up. They really try to sell their private car service. I definitely can't fault the quality of service as we got ferried around in a BMW with a most excellent driver (shout out to Suresh) and felt really safe. But at AUD 90 for about 8 hours, it's pretty steep considering it's India. A cheaper option is to ask concierge to call you a metered taxi, just as long as you're smart about not getting ripped off.

Overall, this is a great hotel to consider if you're staying in central Delhi.

Room Tip: For families of 4-5 or small group of friends, ask for neighbouring rooms that have interconnecting...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AJetsettingKat
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed here on business recently, and had a very good experience at Le Meridien. The hotel is extremely modern, and appears quite new, both elements to my liking. I stayed in a club suite room, I believe, with a spacious separate living room area (including a guest bathroom) and bedroom. The suite was also minimalist and modern, but not lacking in any coziness or amenities. The staff was helpful and prompt, and I felt extremely comfortable there after a long overseas flight (a soak in the bathtub with a high window view also helped immensely!). The breakfast buffet was superb, with every choice imaginable, and I had a friend meet me there for breakfast one morning as it was really very lovely and convenient. The business center was a nice touch, and the coffee shop next to the lobby was a nice place to grab a cuppa and relax outside the room in the evening. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel next time I am in Delhi, and would highly recommend it for business travel.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Le Meridien is a fully featured luxury hotel with the best service you can imagine as in every good hotel in India. My room was the basic and still was very good and the gym was also well equiped and had a nice terrace for relaxing. The hotel helped a lot with the drivers and local guides. The location is the best in the city center. My only problem was with the wifi, as it was expensive and experienced several problems to connect.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Jesusizdo
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Checked in late night - had a very pleasant check in experience - welcoming staff working efficiently and a good ambience. The bed was super comfortable, the room was clean and modern, the amenities were excellent.
Breakfast buffet made American hotels look like a joke. Excellent spread catering to several different cultures.The rest of the stay just got better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank OldMonkATL
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed here in Jan 2013 and it was a bitterly cold snap in Delhi.. The hotel is great and staff very attentive.. Lovely rooms and good choice of food at the restaurant. One criticism I have is that in the cold weather, we could not get the room climate control to go above 21'. Also. The lobby was freezing cold due to the lack of any heating in the area.. This also had a huge impact on the restaurant where the lower seating area was freezing cold.. We always insisted upon Seating in the furthest corner away from the entrance.. I would go back any time provided it is not in Jan...

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family