Le Meridien New Delhi
US$250
US$222
Orbitz.com
3,240 results
All reviewsindia gatethe club loungemonsoon restaurantconnaught placetop floormodern hotelcoffee shopchinese restaurantbusiness centerthe heart of the citybreakfast buffetduty managerstar hotelcentral locationbusiness tripspecial thanksnero
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Great location...walking distance to CP, Rashtrapathi Bhavan / Parliament, Janpath, Rajpath, etc. Mornings are best to explore the area as things get hectic after 9am. Hotel itself was what you would expect from a Le Meridien. Rooms were large, modern and well kept. Seemed to be a lot of function activity in the evening (weddings, parties, etc.), but the restaurants and bars were all but empty during my visit.

However, if you stay in CP and have a few extra bucks to spend, stay at The Imperial. Unbelievable grandeur and experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank floricuse
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This is an amazing hotel. The building is extremely big and luxury is everywhere.
The room is pretty comfortable and there is a remote control next to the bed which control everything...GREAT!
Personell is very nice and breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I went to Hotel Le Meridian New Delhi with my friends Through Royale Premium Club. Outstanding hotel, Service was fantastic if not a bit overwhelming. Rooms were very nice. Such a execellent 4 star hotel with large clean rooms with comfortable bedding. Very good fitness facility. I used my 06 Nights in Le meridian Delhi. I personally thanks to RPC Holidays for giving me the best stay of my life.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2013

When we arrived was at 5am in the morning, we received a full breakfast on the house in our room.
Our complete three day stay here was superb.
Food was nice, staff were very helpful & friendly.
Hotel & rooms were always clean.
No problems & everything worked.
I also remember one night i called reception for something & in no time it arrived.

Il definitely go back to this hotel & suggest this hotel to others

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MuhammadAsvat
Reviewed 17 January 2013

As soon as you step into the check-in lounge, you know you're in a 5-star hotel. The extremely high ceilings, open spaces, modern furnishings and general interior makes the entire place feel very grand. Even the reception area bathrooms are ridiculously large.

I can't comment much on the value, as we got lucky with a free upgrade to this hotel as part of our tour package with Elegant Journeys. However, I believe Le Meridien is actually quite reasonably priced compared to hotels of similar calibre in western countries.

Location is fairly good as well. Le Meridien is situated amongst all the top hotels in the area, in close proximity to the main tourist attractions/monuments in Delhi.

Breakfast was a definite highlight - they served the biggest array of Western and Indian options. I usually scoff down brekkie in 10minutes but I was willing to drag myself out of bed an extra half hour earlier each morning just so I could leisurely enjoy what they had to offer.

Only a few minor complains:
1. There's a menu of about 10 different pillow types you can choose from and we were pretty excited about it. However, of the 4 we requested, only 2 actually arrived.
2. Internet was down for a while, which isn't something you'd expect from a 5-star hotel, especially since it's not free. But maybe it was a one-off issue.
3. This one isn't so much a complaint as a heads up. They really try to sell their private car service. I definitely can't fault the quality of service as we got ferried around in a BMW with a most excellent driver (shout out to Suresh) and felt really safe. But at AUD 90 for about 8 hours, it's pretty steep considering it's India. A cheaper option is to ask concierge to call you a metered taxi, just as long as you're smart about not getting ripped off.

Overall, this is a great hotel to consider if you're staying in central Delhi.

Room Tip: For families of 4-5 or small group of friends, ask for neighbouring rooms that have interconnecting doors. Seriously so much more convenient than trekking 2 floors to see your family/friends.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends