“Great location”

Ranked #17 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The room was very nice, but not exceptional. A little wear and tear around the edges.

We eft super early and they made us up our breakfast to go. Cute touch.

Stayed in a suite and slept like a baby. Great location to see a lot of sights.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
meenabhatia, Vice President- Operations& Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing this wonderful review on Trip advisor.

We are truly delighted that our associates offered you an attentive and inspiring service, glad that they could make your experience memorable. They feel very grateful and indeed encouraged by your kind words of appreciation.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel location; yes the hotel rooms offer great view of the city’s historic monuments and buildings.

Thank you once again, hope that you will return again and allow us the opportunity to serve you.

Operations & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We arrived at 11.40pm to find a lobby still full of people and a very chaotic check in. There was a Sony conference at the hotel and they were short of rooms so were told there was good and bad news, the good news being we had a room, but the bad news being it wasn't what we had ordered. We made it clear that wasn't good enough, and have to say that within minutes we had been upgraded to a Club Room, and were given complimentary drinks. The Club room was very good with amazing views as we were on the 18th floor, and meant we could use the club room for breakfast, and had complimentary high tea from 3-5 and drinks from 6-8, so was a real treat at the end of our holiday. It is a very large hotel, and the staff are not the most helpful you will come across. The pool area is awful though, and there is nowhere to sit even though it's huge, so this could really do with some work. The Indian restaurant was excellent, but very expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations& Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback that you share in this review on Trip advisor.

We do regret your arrival experience at the hotel and apologise once again for the delay in making the room available. We note with our greatest concern your comments about the service delivery by our associates. We strive hard to deliver high quality service to our guests; we regret your unfortunate experience and assure you of our immediate attention.

We hope that you will return and enjoy an enhanced service experience, please do keep it as a hotel of choice on your next visit too.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable although the pillows were so soft and fluffy they made me feel as though I was going to smother in my sleep. The bathroom was clean and the shower was really nice with good water pressure. The hotel restaurant had good food and nice, friendly service. The breakfast buffet we had each morning had a nice selection of items including fresh fruit and made-to-order omelets.

1 Thank Dosmaletas
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing this wonderful review on trip advisor.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and also the high pressure shower; both have been specifically planned for the comfort of our discerning guests.

Thank you so much also for your kind words of appreciation for our associates, they feel encouraged and motivated by your feedback and this will certainly drive them to offer similar, and even more enhanced guest experiences in future.

We hope that you will be back soon to enjoy our services and hospitality. it always is a pleasure for all of us.

Operations & Maarketing
London
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Great Service - nothing too much trouble. A hotel with international standards. Shame pool is not heated. Great buffet breakfast. Very convenient location for CP. Internet was free for first 20 mins. I don't know why hotels still charge for the internet. Will return next time in Delhi.

3 Thank NigelCLondon
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your choice to return and be a guest at our hotel, indeed after a while.
We are really glad to have you back and thank you for sharing yet another wonderful review on Trip advisor.

It is truly encouraging to receive your appreciation for our associates and the hassle free service experience. Also glad that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast at "The One “our all day dining restaurant. We assure you of our continued efforts to innovate and create great culinary experiences for our guests.

We hope that you will return soon, it will be a pleasure to have you here again and offer you similar and perhaps a more enhanced service experience.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Le Meridien New Delhi is a hotel with style...chic to an extent I may add! Stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month.

The heck in formalities were smooth, though they bungled my checkout to about 15 mins, which was more due to miscommunication amongst the Front office staff and with them charging me a higher rate than quoted. I wonder how they goofed up so mighty! And it took the Manager to sort it out.

That blip apart, the stay was cool and comfortable. The room was a fair size, the linen spotlessly clean, the pillows and towels fluffy, just the way I like it. The sleep quality was indeed good. The en suite bath was good too....the lighting can be brighter though! But no complaints there.

I dined at the 24 hour cafe, for breakfast, and as I had engagements all day long, I had used to return late, just for the sleep. Had ordered room service once, and it was quick.

The staff is courteous and friendly, whether it was the at the cafe, front desk or room service.

All in all, a happy experience. The room I had was on the 11th floor, and was facing Raj Path, with a fantastic view of India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan (where the President of India lives), above the tree line, so I would naturally recommend a similar room. I think it would be south facing!

Would love to stay again here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you indeed for sharing this wonderful and detailed review on Trip advisor.

We are absolutely thrilled with your review, especially your expression to return.

We are glad that liked our chic design and style, Le Meridien is a design led brand that offers leading edge, lifestyle hotels which are Chic, modern and contemporary in design.

Our associates gratefully acknowledge your appreciation for their service delivery, this motivates and drives them to perform better and enhance the service experience for our guests.

Your mention about the location and the view from the rooms is very appropriate also, each of our rooms offers a great view of lutyens Delhi, Rajpath facing rooms of course overlook the monuments like India Gate , the national Parliament building and the Presidential palace. We are glad that you enjoyed this.

Thank you once again, we await your return

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I've stayed in a few other properties in Delhi. Le Meridien is quite nice. It is surrounded by trees in central Delhi. Nice (clean) pool. Fairly large (3 rooms) workout facility. It is a little 80s ish- I haven't figures out why Tom and Jerry cartoons continually play on the tvs by the elevator which is a bit odd. The staff seem attentive. The rooms are ok- mine is a bit dark (darker wood floor). My colleagues do have brighter rooms. It is a bit worn, but that seems to be the norm here. Room service breakfast pretty good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your feedback in this review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes the hotel is in the green heart of the capital,
This really adds to the charm of our outdoor pool on the 4th floor, a large size pool as mentioned by you. I am glad you enjoyed the fitness centre, also overlooking the green Delhi and the pool on the 4th floor.

Thank you also for the appreciation and special mention about the Breakfast served in your room,

The Tom & Jerry cartoons, as mentioned by you, are played on the televisions on each floor besides the elevator, this offers an interactive and engaging moment to our guests as they wait for the elevators.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback, we await your return and assure you of a similar and even more enhanced experience.

Goa
Reviewed 21 March 2013

It’s a marvelous structure. Impressive and tasty. Stylish interior, crispy and clean. Maintained well for structure that is said to be 25 years old. Very centrally located and definitely a true 5 star property.
Getting there from airport: I suggest 2 options ( if you have not chosen hotel pickup )
1. From T3 terminal you are directly connected to airport metro which is takes you to city. Nearest station is Shivaji stadium. A Rickshaw will charge not more then 30. So Total cost will be 80-100 for metro + 50 =130-150

2. From T1 metro bus operated by reliance takes one to aerodrome station. They charge 25 Rs per passenger. So total Rs. 80 + 25 + 50 = Rs. 155 ( I opted)

3. One I can use radio taxi service charges will be around Rs. 350 (Opted on way back)

( at the metro station please expect airport style security)
At the hotel:
Check in was swift. I had asked for high floors rooms facing India gate. I was not given at once. Was put on 7th floor. On expressing dissatisfaction I was put on 10th floor looking magnificent Rashtrapati Bhavan. Unfortunately side building blocks most of the view, so literally one has to go to corner of the window to have a sneak peek, check in person may have sensed, that me being single traveler and gave me that room. One has to keep half curtain closed as offices in the side building are just stone throw away. I would have been happy if they would have kept a word of putting me on right floor and with proper view looking India gate or would have told in advance that view is partial and not complete.
Room:
Rooms are excellently maintained. There is around 40” television set, Bar, crockery, work station. Fruits are kept in room. Banana and apple. Though apple was quiet juicy and tasty, banana was kind of black. Could not eat it. Room well set for 2 + 2 = 4. Lighting is perfect, single keypad on right-hand side bedside table controls all the lighting in room, including aircon. Television has numerous channels from major countries. But reception quality is not quiet even. 2 robes and a safe makes the a closet. Toiletries did not look very impressive. Full set for personal hygiene is in bathroom.
As noted by many on Trip adviser, floor makes a cracking sound. It might be very irritating if 2 people are in room.
Health center:
Got proper gym with trainer. I went for swim. But was freezing. Had a guy from Ireland ! he too could not bear the temperature. Changing rooms, lockers, and towels for use are kept by the side.
On site restaurant :
I opted for one buffet dinner and a la carte dinner. Food is simply very very expressive. Buffet is Rs.2000 + taxes. Average for 1 person on a la carte is Rs. 2000 + taxes with one main and one side dish. Quality of the food is certainly maintained, but I was not impressed with taste of food yet all. Breakfast buffet is multi cuisine. Again did not impress my taste buds. Lacks taste. Again buffet is certainly well laid. And quiet big.
Staff attitude:
I had no issues during check-in or out. Indians need to carry PAN card if paying by cash above 25k. amount said to have reduced recently. was not told of this. It would be ideal if they would have updated in advisory.
Now I am writing something about staff attitude. This is what I experienced and may not reflect wholly on services of le meridian.
I did not find check-out staff (elderly gentleman) to be courteous enough. May be he his trained to deal with more elderly foreign traveler then a young traveler like me. General attitude towards me was not satisfactory. There are certain aspects which I would not like to elaborate further here on public space. I sincerely believe a young person if was at time of check in would have been easy to communicate to rather then aged man. I called staff twice from room during check out to inform I am checking out and to hand over the room or mini bar. They said they will send someone. But no one came. Any way I did not use the minibar, but it’s always good to settle before one check out. I walked down with my own suitcase (which I usually do) to reception.
It’s noted that check out staff did not acknowledge my stay with them, did not show gratitude after settling invoices.
Many of the staff looked to be impressing foreign guests then a single traveler like me. Some also choose to ignore me.
Over all , nice property , centrally located , no smells , good clean shiny rooms. Attitude towards me did not impress.
If I would stay again? Well I cannot say right away as something somewhere did not strike a note.

Room Tip: Higher floor looking Rashtrapati bhavan. Above 13 floors. If below 13 do not choose looking Rashtr...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Manguirish
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your detailed feedback and some lovely pictures of the hotel in this review

We really do appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our services. We are glad that you liked the interiors of the hotel, as we celebrate our 25th year, we feel proud of having reinvented our style and design after our renovations.

Your directions and access to the hotel from the airport is indeed very appropriate. The hotel also arranges meet and greet service to and from the hotel, of course if requested and booked at the time of reservation.

We are really sorry to hear about your departure experience, we truly respect your views and value your opinion; I assure you that your concerns have our immediate attention. It is unfortunate that this marred your otherwise positive view of the hotel and its services. We also regret that a preferred room was not made available on arrival.

While we completely understand your sentiment, and your uncertainty about your return, we would like to assure you that we have taken your feedback very positively and with our greatest concern. We remain committed towards offering great experiences to our guests, and we will ensure that we deliver services with our best care and attention at all times, to all our guests.
We will be delighted to have you back, trust that you will give us an opportunity.