“brief but perfect stay”

Ranked #17 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Washington, DC
“brief but perfect stay”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights in late May, our first stop and our first time in India. The hotel delivered on every level in a five star way. Arrived quite early after an overnight flight, no problem, your room is ready. Needed an extra bed, we'll send one up. Need a respite from the brutal heat, perfect and quiet AC.
Was in a club level room, the lounge was nice, drinks and snacks in the evening (you could make a light dinner out of it) and made to order breakfast, worth the extra costs.
The architecture and décor were perhaps a little dated, but it is clear it was quite stylish a few years ago and it was well maintained.
Service from the airport pick up to check out was impeccable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
meenabhatia, Meena Bhatia Vice President- Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making our Hotel for first stop in India, we hope that you and your family enjoyed the trip in our incredible country.

I am so glad that we could make this short two night stop a good start off to your vacation, thank you for your kind words of appreciation for our associates, the hotel and its contemporary style and décor.

Thank you for choosing India and our hotel for your holidays.

We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Operations & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel is one of the oldest 5-star hotels in Delhi...scores high on location and ambience, but where it really lacks (surprisingly) is the service and food quality. some of the requests given to the housekeeping were either never fulfilled or delivered late.
The buffet breakfast is very average and doesn't seem being laid out by a 5 star hotel.
It could have been fine when there were limited options to stay in Delhi but now it certainly is a big let down.
But for service, with such good location and looks, it could have been the best place to stay in Delhi.
Disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
meenabhatia, Meena Bhatia Vice President Operationa & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience in this review on Trip advisor.

We are really sorry to hear that we were not able to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we would have liked to, we appreciate your concerns and assure you that we work on this so as to enhance our guest experiences for future.

We hope that you will return and are confident that your experiences in day to follow will be more inspiring and enriching.

albufeira
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stay at this hotel on arrival and again 3 nights at the end of my visit to Ladakh. Personally I think there are many more 5 star hotels in New Dehli with more facilities for guests. Le Méridien lacks outdoor áreas (gardens where one can sit and relax). If you are allergic to AC, then pls do not book this hotel as you will have no where where AC is not on. Breakfast was very good. They have a very modern decor but all very dark and indoor.
Rooms are adequate for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alisiosAlbufeira
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay at Le Méridien New Delhi and for sharing your feedback in this review.

While we are pleased that you found our accommodation to your expectations, we are disappointed that the style,design and ambience was not to your personal liking.
It is great to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast at The One

Once again, we would like to thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you to New Delhi sometime soon.

Vice President-Operations & Marketing
Seattle
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've stayed at a number of very nice, high cost hotels, and nice, low cost hotels in several parts of Delhi and India at large. This is a disappointing high cost hotel. The rooms are nice enough for the price, but expect to get nickel-and-dimed for every expense, including very high cost restaurants. Moreover, the quality of service has been mediocre and frustrating -- challenging conversations with IT support about how their internet plan is more limited than as described, no international-capable ATM on site (seriously?), a meager brunch, and slow service otherwise. We had a wonderful stay at the Radisson Blu a few weeks ago, and I'll look there first next time I'm in Delhi.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamieontheroad
meenabhatia, Vice President-Marketing & Operations at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest

We are glad to have been the hotel of your choice and we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We regret that your stay at our hotel was not an inspiring experience, much as we Endeavour to offer our guests. We view your comments and suggestions positively and assure you of our attention to it, specifically your concern about the Internet pricing and packaging.

I am really sorry that you were not directed to the ATM located on the premises that you certainly can use for international transactions.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your review and hope there would be another opportunity to offer you a more enriching experience at our hotel.

Denmark, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our stay was short but sweet. Brand new hotel with excellent facilities. Free buffet breakfast was very good. Rooms are new and clean. Bathrooms are spa like. The hotel staff are extremely courteous. The place has nice security features as well. I strongly recommend this place. One suggestion would be to reduce the cost of food at the restaurant. The food was great though! Front lobby is nicely decorated with modern accents. I had a great time, service was top quality, room service associate is very frank,, specially pritam yadav!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank acon_13
meenabhatia, Vicec President Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and for sharing this wonderful review on trip advisor.

We are really happy to hear that your experience here was so well enjoyed and appreciated.
Thank you, we feel honoured by your kind words, they will certainly drive us to further enhance our service delivery and will ensure that our guests continue to enjoy similar experiences in days to come.

Your special mention about our security features is extremely pertinent; we stay committed to offering our guests a very secure and serene environment. Thank you

We hope that you will return soon, we assure you of our best care and attention at all times.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I just returned from a 2 week stint in India with my first stop being Delhi. When looking for a hotel, I obviously wanted a room with all the amenities and then some for a great deal. Yes, this hotel is a bit on the pricey side, but trust me you will not regret it! This hotel is amazingly spotless for a hotel in India. Trust me, I have been to other U.S. hotel chains that are not as clean. The staff there is so friendly and are ready to help you with anything you need. The location is perfect--it literally is right in the center of Delhi, so getting to all the historic spots were a quick car ride away. (I would have said walk, but in June/July it is so hot, you wouldn't survive a walk).
I am a Starwood Preferred Guest and was placed on the club floor, which in my opinion isn't that big of a deal, but breakfast was included with the room. Every morning my group and I would literally load up on breakfast at the One (the restaurant in the lobby) which has an extensive array of breakfast items, not just toast and coffee, and be good for the day.

There were some small things that put a damper on my stay which were:
1) no free wifi- at the rate they were charging me, I would have figured wifi would have been included.
2) recommendations- I was looking for a place to get souvenirs, indian outfits etc. When I asked the travel desk, they sent me to a glorified mall with all US stores (MAC, French Connection, Body Shoppe, etc), which by the way is more expensive than what we would pay for stuff here.
3)Business center- I had returned from Agra at 10 pm one night and wanted to check into my flight before I went to bed. So I went to the business center and asked if I could use the computer for 5 minutes and they said they would have to charge me 100 rupees per hour. Once again, when I booked I was told that Internet in the club lounge and business center uses were included. When I notified them about that, they smiled politely and said no, the charge would be 100 rupees per hour to use the computer in the business center.

To wrap things up, an amazing stay at a great hotel. Would I stay there again? yes!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
meenabhatia, Vice President - Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing, in detail, your experience at our hotel.

We are indeed glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your special mention and appreciation for the "friendly" service delivery by our associates, they gratefully acknowledge your kind words.

We are committed towards offering excellence in service and feel encouraged by your endorsement. We assure you of our committed efforts and ensuring that our guests continue to enjoy even more enhanced experiences in future.

We have made a note about experience at the business centre; completely understand how you feel about it. We assure you that this has our immediate attention.

We hope that you will come back and give us an opportunity of being of service again.

Vice President - Operations & Marketing
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The club elite is a SHAM!!! The guys booked me a upgraded room and a night before check in inform me the rooms are sold out... What ridiculous behaviour... Especially from someone named Archana... Never expected this from Meridien... I've been a member for 5+ yrs... This is how they treat people... A blot on hospitality... The lady does not even have basic courtesies...

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank tarun84tds
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback in this review.

We do regret all the inconvenience caused to you as the request for room bookedby you had to be turned down, this was due to unavoidable reasons and we do apologize for this.. We completely understand your sentiments and thank you for your cooperation and patience

We have reviewed your concerns also about our associates and assure you of our attention to this.

Trust your future visits here will be enjoyable and memorable

Vice President-Operations & Marketing