“Le Meridian - Delhi”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed at Le Meridian,Delhi last Sunday,when I attended a meeting there.
The drive from airport to the hotel is through some of the best green parts and architecture of Delhi.
I reached the hotel in the late afternoon.
The lobby is spacious and well decorated.The staff are very courteous.The checkin was very efficient.
The lift has a nice view of the layout of the floors and the central area that is colorfully light.
The rooms are very cosy and the beds comfortable.The bat is well equipped and easy to use.
The meeting hall had good audiovisual system.
The buffet dinner for the meeting had a good variety and taste.
The breakfast spread was also good and nutritious.
The response of the staff to my needs was indeed very quick and efficient.I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,979)

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights before flying out of India. Everything about the place was ridiculously overpriced from the internet access to the dining to the salon to the spa - I could go on. The service was fine but nothing special. The room itself had a nice view of India Gate but other than that, the room itself was nothing special either. In fact, I found the interior a bit shabby as in worn around the edges. Not quite what one would expect for the price. I also really dislike the smell of cigarette smoke and it is present in the halls of the hotel and a little even in the rooms. The breakfast buffet had a lot of variety and was plentiful but in terms of food quality, was nothing to write home about. Of course, the location is very good for sightseeing but not so good if you want to go out and see young Delhi. I stayed near Hauz Khas on an earlier trip and much preferred that area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlamNomad
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your last two nights of your visit to India. Thank you too for sharing your suggestions and feedback in this review.

We truly appreciate and respect your opinion, in particular that you may have found the prices on the higher side. We are glad that you liked the view of India Gate, the central part of the beautiful Lutyens Delhi, where our hotel is located.

We regret that the Buffet Breakfast, even though as you mention, has an elaborate spread, was not truly enriching.

We remain committed in our efforts to offer a truly inspiring experience to our guests, your suggestions and comments will drive us further.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a hotel with nice and modern internal decor. You can tell from the point of entry that this hotel targets mainly business travelers. They have several "meeting rooms" right at the lobby for use.

Checking in and out were generally smooth. However, I was kinda pissed when my card key was deactivated during the last two nights in a row. I was annoyed on one night when I went down to get my keys replaced, went up to find that it was still not working and had to wait for another set to be delivered.

Room was comfortable generally, though the toilet was a little cramp. Toiletries were plenty but I did not dare use the shower cream and shampoo as the bottles looked old and definitely "recycled". I am ok with recycling, don't be mistaken, but at least the bottles should be kept in better condition. The caps were cracked and bottles felt "oily".

Housekeeping was generally ok, though I had hope that they did not remove my key after completing their task. There was a good reason why I prefer keeping my room "ON" and further, the team should not be removing my key without informing me.

Room service was alright, not too bad. Requests for more bottled drinks were met promptly.

Breakfast at the one-cafe was alright, though I must comment that the variety was disappointing. Every morning, my breakfast was standard - Mushroom, some rice, grilled tomatoes, chunks of fried potatoes, one chocolate donut, fruits. Basically that's it. Imagine eating the same food for breakfast throughout 6 days! Food quality was ok but seriously, the lack of variety needs to be addressed. I only got to try some steam fish on my last day of stay.

I had settled my lunch and dinner in shopping malls instead as the prices are somewhat pricey in my opinion.

Staff serving in the restaurant were helpful and friendly. One suggestion though, please do replenish the utensils of customers if you intend to clear it along with the plates. It is a buffet breakfast, and your customers will be going for more than one serving.

Valet staff at the car porch was very efficient and helpful.

There was an evening when one of the rooms on my level had a gathering. Apparently, these people were smoking in the room when the level is strictly for non smoking. The guests left the room opened and you could evidently smell their cigars at that level.

Gym was ok, the staff requires you to sign an indemnity form everytime you visit the gym (which I feel was a waste of paper). The gym is huge though and generally well equipped.

Overall, the stay was alright and acceptable. I would consider coming back to this hotel again in the near future, but hopefully the breakfast variety would improve.

1  Thank HoteLExpat
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations and Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Le Meridien New Delhi and for sharing your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay, in particular fitness facilities.

We value your feedback, specially your suggestions and certain concerns, these are indeed relevant and help us in our constant endeavour to enhance our guest experience. We assure you of our attention and of course the necessary remedial actions.

Thank you for your special mention and appreciation about the Valet service, we will certainly share this with them.

Once again, thank you for your detailed inputs. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to offer you a more enriching service next time.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights in late May, our first stop and our first time in India. The hotel delivered on every level in a five star way. Arrived quite early after an overnight flight, no problem, your room is ready. Needed an extra bed, we'll send one up. Need a respite from the brutal heat, perfect and quiet AC.
Was in a club level room, the lounge was nice, drinks and snacks in the evening (you could make a light dinner out of it) and made to order breakfast, worth the extra costs.
The architecture and décor were perhaps a little dated, but it is clear it was quite stylish a few years ago and it was well maintained.
Service from the airport pick up to check out was impeccable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
meenabhatia, Meena Bhatia Vice President- Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making our Hotel for first stop in India, we hope that you and your family enjoyed the trip in our incredible country.

I am so glad that we could make this short two night stop a good start off to your vacation, thank you for your kind words of appreciation for our associates, the hotel and its contemporary style and décor.

Thank you for choosing India and our hotel for your holidays.

We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This hotel is one of the oldest 5-star hotels in Delhi...scores high on location and ambience, but where it really lacks (surprisingly) is the service and food quality. some of the requests given to the housekeeping were either never fulfilled or delivered late.
The buffet breakfast is very average and doesn't seem being laid out by a 5 star hotel.
It could have been fine when there were limited options to stay in Delhi but now it certainly is a big let down.
But for service, with such good location and looks, it could have been the best place to stay in Delhi.
Disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
meenabhatia, Meena Bhatia Vice President Operationa & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience in this review on Trip advisor.

We are really sorry to hear that we were not able to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we would have liked to, we appreciate your concerns and assure you that we work on this so as to enhance our guest experiences for future.

We hope that you will return and are confident that your experiences in day to follow will be more inspiring and enriching.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stay at this hotel on arrival and again 3 nights at the end of my visit to Ladakh. Personally I think there are many more 5 star hotels in New Dehli with more facilities for guests. Le Méridien lacks outdoor áreas (gardens where one can sit and relax). If you are allergic to AC, then pls do not book this hotel as you will have no where where AC is not on. Breakfast was very good. They have a very modern decor but all very dark and indoor.
Rooms are adequate for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alisiosAlbufeira
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay at Le Méridien New Delhi and for sharing your feedback in this review.

While we are pleased that you found our accommodation to your expectations, we are disappointed that the style,design and ambience was not to your personal liking.
It is great to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast at The One

Once again, we would like to thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you to New Delhi sometime soon.

Vice President-Operations & Marketing

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've stayed at a number of very nice, high cost hotels, and nice, low cost hotels in several parts of Delhi and India at large. This is a disappointing high cost hotel. The rooms are nice enough for the price, but expect to get nickel-and-dimed for every expense, including very high cost restaurants. Moreover, the quality of service has been mediocre and frustrating -- challenging conversations with IT support about how their internet plan is more limited than as described, no international-capable ATM on site (seriously?), a meager brunch, and slow service otherwise. We had a wonderful stay at the Radisson Blu a few weeks ago, and I'll look there first next time I'm in Delhi.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamieontheroad
meenabhatia, Vice President-Marketing & Operations at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Guest

We are glad to have been the hotel of your choice and we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We regret that your stay at our hotel was not an inspiring experience, much as we Endeavour to offer our guests. We view your comments and suggestions positively and assure you of our attention to it, specifically your concern about the Internet pricing and packaging.

I am really sorry that you were not directed to the ATM located on the premises that you certainly can use for international transactions.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your review and hope there would be another opportunity to offer you a more enriching experience at our hotel.