“Hotel for business with human face! Recommend to everyone!”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #19 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had a business trip with my mom and little baby and was not sure if this hotel will suit them. But this hotel is beyond any formal expectation! It is just the best in all the terms!! Excellent rooms, excellent food, excellent staff! Everything is EXCELLENT!!! They are able to solve any problem and really help you! From providing my baby with baby-crib (in the room) and baby chair (at the restaurant) to night call for doctor! When unexpectedly my baby run a temperature and had unexpected seasure, I've got a big stress. They helped me to deal with it - they promptly provided me with a visit to emergency and took care for the rest (hospital, medicine, packing my bag, transfer etc.). They made an effort to look for a medicine for my baby for the whole day! And they did not took any money for my errands. Thay did their best! I can't express my gratitude to all those people working at this hotel, especially when they helped to my baby! It is the best business hotel with human face!!! They don't just work, they really CARE for you! Really HUMAN ATTITUDE of the staff to even the little guests, moms and elders make them a credit! I really gratefull to all their professional, friendly, pro-active and caring staff-members! (And they don't do any hints for tips like in other hotels in India, by the way.)
If I'm in N. Delhi again, my choice is defintly The Le Meridien (N. D.)!!! And I highly recommend it to anyone without any hesitation!!! Everyone is welcomed here! Thank you very-very much!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms have modern design, so all the rooms are ok!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TatianaPrimakova
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Madam,

Warm Greetings

We hope that your return flight was comfortable and hope that the baby is in good health and cheer.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip advisor, I am glad that our team was able to assist you at this time of emergency. We have shared your comments with our entire team; they join me to thank you for this special mention and recommendation.
We hope that you will return again and be a guest at our hotel, good luck and our best wishes.

Regards

Operations & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (3,116)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

A brief one night business trip but never the less only good to report here. Rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. Great shower and bathroom. Food in Monsoon (Indian fine dining) was fantastic and service all round was top too! Would recommend without hesitation.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Flying in from Mumbai, I was not sure what to expect as I had never stayed at this hotel before. I was greeted at the terminal by a fresh faced, smart young man who escorted me to a gleaming black luxury sedan driven by a smartly uniformed chauffeur who whisked me to the hotel from IGI Terminal 3 or T3 as most Delhiites call it. Stepping into the lobby was a revelation ... a bustling, brightly lit, startlingly white cavern. I was greeted effusively by a smiling young lady who escorted me to the reception desk counter & before I knew it I was checked in & on the way to my room. The friendly, proactive never say no attitude & the obvious efficiency & courtesy of the front office staff left me assured that I had chosen the right place to stay. The staff were at all times elegant, dignified & thoroughly professional.

The room located on the 17th floor was tastefully done with a panoramic view of Lutyen's Delhi. No over the top décor or opulence... very comfortable & restful. Every thing exactly where they needed to be.

As soon as I had settled in I made a bee line for the bar "Nero" located on the ground floor adjacent to the signature Indian restaurant "Eau de monsoon". To get to the bar I had to cross an immense coffee lounge called "longitude". This place definite had attitude... with an atrium ceiling soaring 20 floors high & a mesmerizing black white & red tiled floor in flowing patterns just took my breath away. The Nero bar to start with was a trifle dark & forbidding. However, once ensconced in a deep couch with my drink in hand I found the place very soothing & comfortable with highly trained staff doing their thing with minimum of fuss & bother.

My next port of call was the coffee shop, enigmatically called "The 1".There was an elaborate buffet laid out & my wife was back in Mumbai.... so I just dug in & went to hog haven. The food was good... the service was impeccable.

The next day the lobby manager suggested I visit their restaurant on the 20th floor called "Le Belvedere". I call this a restaurant with a view attached. The panoramic view from here is breat taking.This restaurant serves excellent oriental food and of course.... by now I had taken unimpeachable service standards for granted.

Checking out the next day was equally painless & smooth.

Le Meridien New Delhi... as dear old Arnie S very famously said... I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Fantastic central atrium, a stunning hotel design. Modern, great rooms and good facilities generally. Top floor bar has great views but lacked a bit of atmosphere. Food in the buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner was very good. Dosa cooked to order for breakfast highly recommended. There is a pool which is clean and well maintained but again the pool area itself is a bit dull. Overall a good standard , high quality rooms and service but not much atmosphere in the public areas. For a city centre hotel it works well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience; we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel

We are delighted with your kind your kind words of appreciation about our design and style; we are recognised for our contemporary architecture, modern facilities and of course the Atrium Lobby. Our Chef too is really happy to receive your positive review on the food quality. We do regret your disappointment with the 20th floor public areas and note this with concern.

We hope that you will return, look forward to offering you an enhanced and inspiring experience.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We arrived late from Mumbai, hungry and needing to prepare to leave very early next morning for Agra. Check in was prompt but unfortunately they did not have the room type I requested. I was resigned to skipping breakfast given how early we had to leave the next day. However, the front-desk staff offered to have our breakfast packed and ready for us at 5am so that we can "picnic" on our drive next morning to Agra - a very nice and thoughtful touch. And all without extra charge.

We had room service dinner and after a week of many Indian dinners, we still think we had one of the best dinners at this hotel.

The room had wooden floor boards instead of the usual plush carpets in many 5 star hotels. It gave a rustic feel. The bathroom was a bit of a let down as I was looking forward to having a shower instead of a bathtub with shower. Still the amenities were up to par as expected of 5 star hotels.

Will I return to this hotel? Yes if I can overlook the bathtub issue for myself.

Room Tip: This hotel has an "impressive" centre open space which gives a feeling of airiness. If yo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visit and for sharing your feedback on Trip advisor
We are very glad that you recommend us positively, thank you. Your special mention on the service delivered by our associates, the offer to pack your Breakfast to facilitate your early departure, is indeed encouraging. We constantly endeavour to anticipate and accommodate special needs and requests of our guests, we stay committed to offer similarly inspiring moments to our guests.
The room with a shower is indeed a possibility, we regret we could not accommodate your room request on this occasion, but please do request your required room, we always try our very best that these requests are honoured; we will continue to ensure that our guests are allocated as room per choice, whenever possible.
We hope to have you back at our hotel soon, do enjoy an enriching and enjoyable stay with us again.
Best Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels in new Delhi, but the Le Meridien beats them all.
It got very modern rooms and a beautiful facade. The staff are very helpfull and effecient.
The buffet meals at "The One" are value for money. The location is just amazing, a safe walk
from India gate and Rashtrapati bhavan and lovely promanade and gardens to walk around.
SPG member recognition is also very good.

Room Tip: My advice is to select rooms between 9th and 15th floors and closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rony2901
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Le Meridien New Dehli was great!! The front desk staff were very welcoming, and they checked us into our hotel early, which was wonderful after a long flight from the U.S. They also provided a welcome basked and complimentary bottle of wine! The beds were comfy, shower was great, and the breakfast buffet had a great range of options. Would definitely recommend to stay again! Location was good too, however we had a car service so we didn't do too much walking right out of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends