“Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Singapore, Singapore
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great hotel and service.
Angad, Manan and Iqbal from the 20th floor lounge were exceptionally helpful.

I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to stay in a 5star hotel with great location in Central Delhi!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meena38, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel and for sharing valuable feedback in this review.

Your comments are indeed very encouraging, we strive hard to offer our guests inspiring and enriching moments, an experience that can "wow" and delight them.

Thank you for your special mention about the efficient service delivery by our associates, it is really encouraging. We also note your very positive feedback about the Club lounge, thank you, and yes indeed we try to maintain exceptionally high levels of service at the Club Lounge on the 20th floor; this is what makes the experience distinct and special, for our discerning guests, like yourselves.

We hope that you will be a guest with us once again and enjoy similar time here.

Operations & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My first trip to India and I chose Le Meridien because it is a hotel that my husband always stays at. A modern and stylish hotel, with service that was as contemporary as its decor. All the staff were polite without being obsequious, interested in what you were doing, and always helpful. But then it went the next level, which for me makes the difference between gr8 and outstanding customer service. I arrived late at night. One person, Rajeev Dewan, was extraordinarily helpful in settling me in - arranging a tour of New Delhi for the next day (the tour desk was already briefed when I came downstairs for breakfast), helping me with options for travel and seeing the countryside of North India up to Kashmir (I was quite stubborn about not part of a package tour), and generally making me feel, as an older woman travelling solo, that someone was looking after me. The concierge and porter staff kept an eye out for my car taking me to Dharamsala, and their good wishes felt genuine. Thank you, Rajeev and the team. I will return because of your care.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Lee C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making us the hotel of choice during your trip here, thank you also that your share your feedback in this review.

We are indeed glad that you liked the hotel, the contemporary style and decor.

We are indeed delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your special mention about the efficient service delivery by our Front office associate Rajeev and our entire team, it is really encouraging.
We look forward to having you stay with us again. It would be a pleasure to offer the best of Le Meridien’s hospitality and services to you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I along with my parents stayed at this beautiful hotel for 2 nights. It was a very comfortable stay and the staff was very welcoming. We were on the 14th floor and when we stood on the corridor the hotel just looked amazing. The ambience was very impressive. Breakfast was also very good and served well. Overall a very comfortable and rejuvenating stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shravan V
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay here together with your parents, and for sharing this wonderful feedback about your experience in this review.

We are very glad that your parents and you enjoyed the ambience, the hotel architecture, and our contemporary lifestyle design and style. We endeavour to offer our guests a serene and comfortable environment so that they feel relaxed and comforted, your review and mention of this is an endorsement of our efforts. We indeed feel encouraged by your comments and feedback

We hope that you will return, with your parents again, and give us an opportunity to serve you
Similarly, and even better.

Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was a bit curious about the recommendation, but when entering the hotel lobby, my first impression was: there was no doubt, we chose the right place to stay. A full security check before entering the hotel compound. The rooms ofcourse a bit smaller than those enjoyed in the other cities. Upon arrival we reserved a table at their Chinese restaurant "Le Belevedere", a rather bit misleading name for a chinese restaurant. A part from name the live Music was somehow strange,too but it added to our wellbeing at that particular first night in New Delhi. However, we had an outstanding meal experience. Furthermore, we enjoyed the daily breakfasts, which were a bit more international designed in their buffet offerings. The reason of our visit to New Delhi was to join the hindu wedding celebration of Abhinav and Chandni at the great Country Inn by Carlson later in the week. What a breathtaking wedding celebration, the groom riding on a rich decorated white horse, while the bride was a beauty in herself. I am convinced they will remain luckily married until death get them a part.
No doubt, I am looking forward to stay at the "Le Meridien" again, a very pleasant acquaintance.

Room Tip: No further comments necessary.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GUMOslo
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us while in the city to attend the grand wedding. Thank you too for sharing your personal experience in this review, it is indeed encouraging, we are so glad that we could offer you a memorable experience.

Our Chef, acknowledges very gratefully, your appreciation of the food at Le Belvedre and the daily Breakfast Buffet. We are really happy that you had an outstanding meal experience .
We would like to assure you that we are committed to offer our guests comfortable and memorable experience, Le Meridien hotels are globally recognizes for distinctive services that offer our guests an inspiring and engaging experience.

We hope that you will return soon and enjoy similar and even more enriching experience in future.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

A pleasant experience overall. The hotel car met me at Delhi airport, check-in was quick and smooth. The room was clean ans well-equipped. The hotel provided fresh fruits in the room every day. The breakfast (included in the room rate) was sumptuous and high quality. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Check-out was a bit slow but nonetheless efficient. The only downside may be the room decor which is a bit dated and the bathrooms which are dark and somber. The experience rounded off with the hotel car dropping me off at Delhi airport.

Room Tip: Stay as high as possible and near the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience in this review.

We are glad that you liked the hotel and the services. We are indeed delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your special mention about the efficient service delivery by our associates, it is really encouraging.

We have made note of your concerns about the lighting in the bathroom, we indeed appreciate your suggestions and assure you of our attention and appropriate actions.

We hope that you will return again, do allow us to serve you better next time.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed for 3 days and the service was not as polished as another hotel we stayed in. They didn't give us interconnecting rooms, even though we had requested them, and we had to wait for our rooms even though we arrived in the evening. The bathrooms didn't have baths, only showers; the decor and ambience is very much that of a business hotel - all wood, steel and sharp corners.
The hotel is built around a central hollow core - which is very dramatic when you see it, but feels a bit unsafe when you have children with you. Also, although they have smoking and non-smoking floors, the ventilation in the hollow core means that when you are walking to and from your room you can smell the smoke no matter which floor you are on. It didn't affect the rooms though.
Again, we used the Spa - which was ok but my wife loved the beauty salon and my son got a hair cut and head message which he said was bliss. The pool was on the 4th floor, so suffered from high winds and felt unsafe as the walls were quite low.
Because I've stayed in better, I probably wouldn't stay here if I had the choice. Otherwise a good hotel.

Room Tip: If you suffer from Acrophobia (fear of heights) I would stay in the lower floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
meenabhatia, Vice President-Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and sharing your feedback in this review.

We are glad that you liked the hotel and the services, thank you for your special mention about La Belle our Saloon on the 4th floor.

We regret that certain areas of service delivery did not come up to your expectations; we view your feedback positively and will ensure that we work on this so that our guests enjoy an enhanced experience.

Thank you once again; we hope that will allow us another opportunity to serve you better

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed there for the better part of two weeks in early April. The best part of the hotel is some of the staff.

Service - The staff will go out of their way for you. In fact, they retrieved my ipad for me from the airport. They left me quite a few treats in my room including chocolates, wine, and other assorted gifts. Some of the staff are a little tip-hungry in that in my experience they would bring me free things that I did not request and then wait around for a tip.

Cleanliness - I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the hotel by Western standards. I found things to be quite dirty when looking beyond just the surface. That was both in the rooms and the facilities in general.

Conference Facilities - I spent a lot of time in the conference facilities. Some of the rooms are quite nice with lots of light while others are tucked away in corners that defy reason. It clearly seems setup to segregate the rooms and allow for multiple parties occuring at the same time.

Food - Nothing special. I tried the modern indian cuisine restaurant, chinese restaurant, room service, and breakfast restaurant. Everything was adequate but unimpressive.

Would I stay here again? -- Probably not.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StylianosAlatsis
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your feedback in this review.

We are grateful for your kind words of appreciation of our associates, glad that they could assist well and make the difference. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the special amenities sent to your room.

We regret your disappointment with certain food menus and meeting room set up, we remain committed to improving our service constantly so that our guests enjoy an enhanced experience, and we value your opinion and will definitely take necessary measures to benefit from this for future.

We hope that you will return and allow us an opportunity to serve you better.