“Best Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Hong Kong, China
“Best Hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

One of the very best hotel I stayed. I was staying in a suite, the design is modern and furniture are as new. The hotel is located in the city centre area, but the room rate is surprisingly low, and staffs are nice. Other than the shower area is a bit small, you cannot pick up anything to complaint about. I took a buffet dinner on the ground floor cafe, the food is good, but it cost you US$70 per person.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 28 August 2009

great hotel, very modern interior, spacious and airy. didnt appear to be many western visitors there. highly recommend all restaurants, particularly the chinese rest located on top floor. colonial decor but with great food and great view over delhi.

down side would be lack of fast free internet acces, poor pool and sundeck area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
il
Reviewed 21 August 2009

It is one of the most classy elegant trendy hotel i have ever seen during my business travel. Meridien after being taken over by starwood has done tremendous change in its approach. Spg is the winning card always thats why i started staying in this hotel. Earlier they had some work early this year but now what swanky atrium sexy bar nero aand cutest are comp stations in atrium where i sip illy and work as room gets boring if u in hotel for couple of days.

Staff is amazingly helpful and take care of elderly people too as i noticed couple of girls in atrium...was touched by it.

Their new Indian restaurant monsoon is one of its own as i had meal with my colleagues in there and we enjoyed. Some Indian families at entrance not very happy as children not allowed but for thats a great news as i did two lunch meetings in there.

Good fitness centre amatra help me stay fat free

Its a beautiful clean stylish hotel where staff makes you feel at home if u alone. One imp thing internet is good. Would recommend business travelers definitely.

Rooms is again brilliant clutter free lot of space for my things which is good

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Heyma
Singapore
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I have staying in this hotel whenever I am in Delhi but I have experienced some irritations.
#1: the hotel did not send a limo to the airport because my PA did not inform them. I would expect the hotel to ask for my flight schedule. This differentiates the best from the better.
#2: Security check has been stepped up. I love this but to surrendder my swiss knife shows lack of discretion. Swiss knife is not a lethal weapon. A 200 kg man is a lethal weapon.
#3: I just returned from the gym after cutting short my work out. They were BLASTING Indian Techno music even after I have requested for a lower volume. I was the only guest using it at that time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
India
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Having stayed here quite a few times, i can only say that the hotel has always been a class apart.. Great service, great food, excellent rooms and a good location. What else could a traveller ask for??

The hotel lobby is expansive and beautiful. Checkins are always quick and the room is always just right..

Overall a great hotel with superb facilities..

• Liked — Good rooms and food
  • Disliked — Nothing worth mentioning..
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
Reviewed 4 August 2009

When you walk into this hotel you will greated by a visually stunning city hotel. The staff are generally helpful and attentive (though note my comment later). It is a hotel that caters well for business and leisure travellers.

The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. We were on the 10th floor and had a great view over Delhi. We had a view of the outdoor swimming pool. I didn't use it, but it looks nice. However, there were often pigeons sitting around the edge and drinking from it!! Hence only 4 stars for 'Cleanliness'.

The breakfast is buffet-style and tasty. There is a mixture of Indian and Western dishes, both hot and cold. One thing that I found quite annoying was that the coffee they use is tasteless and instant. When I asked for proper coffee they said it would take 10 minutes and cost more. I was not bothered by the cost, but rather that this is a 5* hotel and should be doing better on something so basic. We ate dinner in one of the hotel restaurants - for a 5* hotel it was average and over-priced.

One afternoon 3 of us were having a drink in the lovely hotel cafe. We were taking a few photos of each other and were told that we weren't allowed to take photos inside the hotel! And we weren't given a reason!!

The staff were almost 100% fantastic. However, there was an incident that left a sour taste in my mouth. The day before check-out I hired a private hotel car to take the 3 of us to the airport. The next morning, after we had checked-out, I went to the desk to arrange for the car to be brought round to the front. Annoying they quoted a higher price. They could not explain why and could not explain why they didn't contact me earlier. The ledger in which they write down bookings was on the desk, and next to my name the original quoted price had been crossed out and a new price written above it. I challenged them on this. The two staff spoke to each other about me in Hindi and clearly didn't realise that I understood that they were making disparaging comments about me. When I told them that I understood Hindi they looked shocked and went pretty silent! On principle, and after being treated in this manner, I refused to pay the higher price. They responded by saying that we would have to make our own way to the airport. I asked to be taken to the manager and suddenly our car was brought round to the front and we paid the price quoted the night before.

I was in two minds as to whether to recommend this hotel. However, it is a 5* hotel and so needs to be held to a higher standard then other hotels of a lower rating. Given that there are lots of great 5* hotels in Delhi, I would suggest trying them instead.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellingDocUK
singapore
Reviewed 21 July 2009

The hotel is located right in the center of the civic district, within walking distance of Connaught Place and short rides from most of the Beaux Arts buildings. But if it is the real bustling energetic and chaotic Delhi you are after, this is probably not the place for you.

The room I had was excellent--apparently recently renovated. Room service was attentive and housekeeping was diligent. In general service was courteous and competent. They provided complimentary water, which is very important for Delhi.

The swimming pool, however, is not that clean, even if not many people use it. Too many pigeons and crow use it as a bird bath--and leave their stuff next to its rim.

The hotel should do something about the touts next to its main gate who nag visitors to visit emporiums. The touts really make for a very frustating time--it got to a point where I exited the hotel's main gate only to enter at its other gate so as to escape a particularly eager tout.

Finally, for a business hotel, Le Meridien does not provide free Internet connection! For such a pricey hotel, though admittedly its rates are not much different from its neighbors, it charges another 12 usd or so for wireless internet per day.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo