“Love the Le Meridien”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #17 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 1 February 2011

This is a hip hotel. It was like walking into the Future. We loved it. It is close to the airport and made it easy for us to make our outbound connections.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 January 2011

After staying in the Le Meridien in Thailand I was expecting this hotel to be of a similar standard. We were charged $1000 for one night for three people. I paid in cash, they refused to allow phone connection because my credit card would not work. The carpet in the room was wet and food was on the floor. There was also ash everywhere. My mother and friend travelling with me were so angry they refused to lie on the beds. After complaining the next morning the hotel did upgrade us to a presidential suite and apologized. However given our flight was within a few hours nothing could replace our disgust at this hotel. To add insult to injury the staff at the restaurant suggested we paid them cash and they would reduce the cost by 50% provide we did not need a bill.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
8  Thank charlethomson
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I am amazed to see such a rude experience in this hotel.We stayed in this hotel only for a night and arrived after a long flight.Our booking was done by a travel agent and was also pre paid.Upon arrival Duty Manager asked us for credit card number as a sceurity and since I don't use credit card I offered him my debit card.Duty Manager in this case asked us to selltle our room service etc bills directly since he didn't want to charge our card.

It was almost 1200hrs in night and we were tired and ordered food via room service.The ordertaker took our call and started talking in Hindi...which I didn't understand at all?Somehow we placed order and he came to deliver after 30 min and requested us to pay directly.I gave him my debit card as instructed by the Duty Manager and the waiter told me that he has to go down to charge the card.

He left the room and me and my hustband started eating and my husband was not keeping well .Then the water returned and said they cannot use a debit card and I need to go down to the reception(8 floors down) right now and pay.It was almost 0115 am in the morning.I requested him that we have already started eating food and duty manager didn't tell me that Room service doesn't accept debit card.But the waiter insisited that i will have to settle bill immediately and can't have dinner.The duty manager also called me that we have to pay now in the middle of dinner.I told him i am already eating and can I come down in next 10 to 15 min since we will not run away after having dinner.But since they were insisting I had to go down and my husband who was ill accompanied me to the reception at almost 130 hrs in the night.When i went down Duty Manager was embarrased and said that we can pay tommrow.But we paid everthing since we didn't want another embarrassing episode.We tried to pay out bills at the reception but room service had not posted our check to the folio and we had to waid for another 15 mins.

When we came up to our room our keys didn't work and i went back tothe elevator area to make a call and ask for a key.The call was attended by operator and she told me that go down and get the keys.I told her I do not have strengh left to deal with it and if she can't send the keys up then I will have to see the Duty Manager.Finally they sent us a key .It was almost 0200 hrs in morning .

I am ver disappointed with the entire experence and worst part is nobody cared for even service recovery.

I hope this message goes to senior management and they should take serious action and refund our amount as a compensation

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Simmisoodan
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Everything i say about this hotel would be less. Just Amazing, one of the best hotels i might have stayed at, at the given tariff. The room was spacious, had a 56 inch LCD TV! The bathroom appeared like a night club- zazzy with all sophisticated lighting and bathing equipment. The toiletries were very good quality. The buffet breakfast was the best i have ever seen, most elaborate food options. Do not have second thought before booking a room at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We arrived about 4am on christmas morning to find the desk manned and very welcoming. We where taken to our room and everything about it was perfect. Great bed (its huge!), clean sheets, high pressure shower and well stocked mini bar. Its quite exspensive ($USD200 a night) but it was our christmas present to each other and it was well worth it. Its a short walk to the metro station (which is cheap and easy to use). Breakfast was the highlight!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We staid 3 nights here around New Years & we loved every minute of it. Security was perhaps the best of any hotel I've been to, and everyone from the door staff to the front desk, business center, luggage and restaurant were completely helpful and attentive. Taxis came within a minute of our request. Room service was courteous and thorough- and actually decent food- and the breakfast buffet was very comprehensive. Beautiful rooms, hot showers, clean and comfortable- the one thing I can recommend would be for the cleaning staff to take more care with the bathroom fixtures- especially the metal toilet paper cover, as this was the only surface that was not spotless. Still, a relatively minor detail, especially considering having paid much more elsewhere for quality that was far less. Thank you Le Meridien, New Delhi for making our stay so comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2011

This has to be THE most luxurious hotel in New Delhi , it is in a class of it's own!
As you arrive at the hotel you will be greeted by friendly staff standing outside the hotel , opening your car door for you and assisting you with your luggage. Security at this hotel is pretty much the security you can expect at an airport , bags are screened and you yourself will have a full body scan and body search , this can be abit of an inconvenience but at the end of the day it is to your benefit.New Delhi is very safe , hardly no crime , their only fear is terrorism (they surely donnot want another 26/11 to happen?)

The Lobby is incredible , breathtaking to be honest. We had 3 rooms which were all located on the 18th floor . The lifts are made out of glass and therefore you get a really awesome view of the lobby as you travel in the lift.

Room : The room is very modern , what you can expect from a 7* hotel. The Samsung 42" plasma TV in the room adds a very elegant feeling to the room. The mood lighting by the bedside was really incredible , something very unique which added to the beauty of the wooden plated room.The lighting system in the room was also very effective and efficient , you can control all the lights with the digital watch by your bedside , which makes it very convenient.The bathroom is very modern , and will meet your every need. The water pressure of the shower is very strong ,which is a big plus! The view from this 18th floor was spectacular , could clearly see the presidential compound from my room and many other hot tourist spots.The only downfall of the room is the beds .. which were not very comfortable.

Location: This hotel is centrally located in the middle of New Delhi , about a 15 min drive from the airport. All the major shopping and sigh-seeing places are nearby. Connought place and palik bazaar (famous shopping areas) is only a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Overall I would recommend this 7* hotel to any kind and type of traveler , it will meet your every need guaranteed.The great hospitality of the staff will make you feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family