“Average stay”

Ranked #17 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Average stay”
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2 days. If you prefer a sleek and a modern design. This hotel is something for you.
The location of the the hotel was good, very close to Canought Place, THE shopping area. The room was luxurious and beautiful, especially in the bathroom you got many kinds bathroom equipments there. such as tooth brushes, shaving foam, toothpaste, etc. It also got a large fitness center, whith a personal trainer. (all included in the price).
Furthermore, breackfast was a wide variety of food and especially continental food, also you had some indian dishes. Breakfast overall quite good.

Bad points were there the rooms were very noisy. You could hear the next door talk, and shout he was drunk, and the music was put on way too loud. We did not sleep all the night we complained about this to the hotelstaff, a few times. Unfortunately, they did not do anything. The next day we again complained, we were fobb offed with they wil be gone today.. This is not a 5 star service.

Moreover, for a 5 star hotel I also found the small pool way to small, You could not even swim from the beginnig to the end,bescause it was small en round. Also leaves were floating in the pool. The swimming pool was very POOR!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I stayed in this hotel on my last night of my 10 days trip to India. The overall experience was acceptable however certain aspects of the hotel failed to meet up my expectation.

The room was good but personally I find it bits too small for the money that I pay. The breakfast was excellent with a good varienty of foods. However the staffs were bits slow where I have to ask them 3x before they came and served me my coffee during the breakfast.

The spa was just ok and not worth it for the amount that they charged. I have to wait for more than 15 minutes to make appointment as there was only one person at the front counter. The bathroom at the spa was quite unpleasant with discolored and dirty floor mats.

I have to book my airport tansfer twice as the staff didn't record my first booking. On the second booking, I was only given the receipt after I asked for it. Despite having booked the airport transfer twice, by the time I just about the leave to the airport the staff claimed that my booking is not in their record and asked me to pay for it again. Only after I showed him my receipt the staff call for the car.

Although I am loyal SPG member, I don't think that I will stay at the same hotel again in Delhi.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stayed there for three days and time flew. Excellent breakfast and dinner. The dessert statioin in dinner buffet was superb. Room had mood lighting (pink or blue), the bathroom was huge, the room itself was large. Room service was excellent too. They know they are running a five star hotel and it shows in everything. I could have stayed there for a month without complaining.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The hotel is definitely modern and chic, attracting international clientele. The restaurants are good and overall the service is good. The rooms are lackluster. We stayed here on either side of our trip. The second time we stayed here we were upgraded to a Starwood Preferred Guest floor. The room had two twin beds! For a self described four or five star hotel to even have twin beds is a little ridiculous. Paying $300+ for this is outrageous. Also, they charge for the business center, which I also think is ridiculous. The food is safe and pretty good in both The One and Le Belvedere restaurants. It is fairly reasonable priced. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and is very good. We didn't try the Monsoon restaurant. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you get a good deal.

garyville
Reviewed 1 February 2011

This is a hip hotel. It was like walking into the Future. We loved it. It is close to the airport and made it easy for us to make our outbound connections.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 January 2011

After staying in the Le Meridien in Thailand I was expecting this hotel to be of a similar standard. We were charged $1000 for one night for three people. I paid in cash, they refused to allow phone connection because my credit card would not work. The carpet in the room was wet and food was on the floor. There was also ash everywhere. My mother and friend travelling with me were so angry they refused to lie on the beds. After complaining the next morning the hotel did upgrade us to a presidential suite and apologized. However given our flight was within a few hours nothing could replace our disgust at this hotel. To add insult to injury the staff at the restaurant suggested we paid them cash and they would reduce the cost by 50% provide we did not need a bill.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
8 Thank charlethomson
Male
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I am amazed to see such a rude experience in this hotel.We stayed in this hotel only for a night and arrived after a long flight.Our booking was done by a travel agent and was also pre paid.Upon arrival Duty Manager asked us for credit card number as a sceurity and since I don't use credit card I offered him my debit card.Duty Manager in this case asked us to selltle our room service etc bills directly since he didn't want to charge our card.

It was almost 1200hrs in night and we were tired and ordered food via room service.The ordertaker took our call and started talking in Hindi...which I didn't understand at all?Somehow we placed order and he came to deliver after 30 min and requested us to pay directly.I gave him my debit card as instructed by the Duty Manager and the waiter told me that he has to go down to charge the card.

He left the room and me and my hustband started eating and my husband was not keeping well .Then the water returned and said they cannot use a debit card and I need to go down to the reception(8 floors down) right now and pay.It was almost 0115 am in the morning.I requested him that we have already started eating food and duty manager didn't tell me that Room service doesn't accept debit card.But the waiter insisited that i will have to settle bill immediately and can't have dinner.The duty manager also called me that we have to pay now in the middle of dinner.I told him i am already eating and can I come down in next 10 to 15 min since we will not run away after having dinner.But since they were insisting I had to go down and my husband who was ill accompanied me to the reception at almost 130 hrs in the night.When i went down Duty Manager was embarrased and said that we can pay tommrow.But we paid everthing since we didn't want another embarrassing episode.We tried to pay out bills at the reception but room service had not posted our check to the folio and we had to waid for another 15 mins.

When we came up to our room our keys didn't work and i went back tothe elevator area to make a call and ask for a key.The call was attended by operator and she told me that go down and get the keys.I told her I do not have strengh left to deal with it and if she can't send the keys up then I will have to see the Duty Manager.Finally they sent us a key .It was almost 0200 hrs in morning .

I am ver disappointed with the entire experence and worst part is nobody cared for even service recovery.

I hope this message goes to senior management and they should take serious action and refund our amount as a compensation

11 Thank Simmisoodan