“Outstanding, centrally located hotel”

Le Meridien New Delhi
Ranked #17 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 22 February 2011

If you want a "soft landing" on your first trip to India, like we did, you couldn't do a lot better than the Le Meridien New Delhi. The hotel is a very modern design, both in the lobby and in the rooms. There are several restaurants, most of which cater more to an Indian palate, which was great for us. Monsoon, the modern Indian restaurant, was not cheap, but outstanding. The all-day buffet has an excellent selection and is a good value. Again, it leans toward Indian specialties, but there are continental/American breakfast options as well.

The hotel is located about half a km from Connaught Square and is near many tourist attractions and government buildings.

Minor negatives: Like any Starwood property, you will find that the 'extras' add up. But really, these properties are not for the price sensitive. Also, there doesn't seem to be a general store in the hotel to purchase basic items, although the hotel will probably provide most of them. The bar and alcohol service in general could use some work - move beyond beer, and you will find few cocktails, if any, that will be made properly.

If you want familiar Starwood comfort in an unfamiliar place, this is a fantastic way to enter the somewhat difficult environment of New Delhi.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Meridien New Delhi

Reviewed 14 February 2011

This hotel seems to over-promise but under-deliver.
Certain unacceptable behavior from the staff members, ruined my whole staying experience.
It’s a shame staff didn't care too much about solving the issues and to satisfy the customer.
Other complications arose with the room charges, as one room was charged three times.
Overall, I would stay at another Hotel. Since its not up to the acceptable standards.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank Traveller187895
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2 days. If you prefer a sleek and a modern design. This hotel is something for you.
The location of the the hotel was good, very close to Canought Place, THE shopping area. The room was luxurious and beautiful, especially in the bathroom you got many kinds bathroom equipments there. such as tooth brushes, shaving foam, toothpaste, etc. It also got a large fitness center, whith a personal trainer. (all included in the price).
Furthermore, breackfast was a wide variety of food and especially continental food, also you had some indian dishes. Breakfast overall quite good.

Bad points were there the rooms were very noisy. You could hear the next door talk, and shout he was drunk, and the music was put on way too loud. We did not sleep all the night we complained about this to the hotelstaff, a few times. Unfortunately, they did not do anything. The next day we again complained, we were fobb offed with they wil be gone today.. This is not a 5 star service.

Moreover, for a 5 star hotel I also found the small pool way to small, You could not even swim from the beginnig to the end,bescause it was small en round. Also leaves were floating in the pool. The swimming pool was very POOR!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I stayed in this hotel on my last night of my 10 days trip to India. The overall experience was acceptable however certain aspects of the hotel failed to meet up my expectation.

The room was good but personally I find it bits too small for the money that I pay. The breakfast was excellent with a good varienty of foods. However the staffs were bits slow where I have to ask them 3x before they came and served me my coffee during the breakfast.

The spa was just ok and not worth it for the amount that they charged. I have to wait for more than 15 minutes to make appointment as there was only one person at the front counter. The bathroom at the spa was quite unpleasant with discolored and dirty floor mats.

I have to book my airport tansfer twice as the staff didn't record my first booking. On the second booking, I was only given the receipt after I asked for it. Despite having booked the airport transfer twice, by the time I just about the leave to the airport the staff claimed that my booking is not in their record and asked me to pay for it again. Only after I showed him my receipt the staff call for the car.

Although I am loyal SPG member, I don't think that I will stay at the same hotel again in Delhi.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stayed there for three days and time flew. Excellent breakfast and dinner. The dessert statioin in dinner buffet was superb. Room had mood lighting (pink or blue), the bathroom was huge, the room itself was large. Room service was excellent too. They know they are running a five star hotel and it shows in everything. I could have stayed there for a month without complaining.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2011

The hotel is definitely modern and chic, attracting international clientele. The restaurants are good and overall the service is good. The rooms are lackluster. We stayed here on either side of our trip. The second time we stayed here we were upgraded to a Starwood Preferred Guest floor. The room had two twin beds! For a self described four or five star hotel to even have twin beds is a little ridiculous. Paying $300+ for this is outrageous. Also, they charge for the business center, which I also think is ridiculous. The food is safe and pretty good in both The One and Le Belvedere restaurants. It is fairly reasonable priced. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and is very good. We didn't try the Monsoon restaurant. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you get a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

This is a hip hotel. It was like walking into the Future. We loved it. It is close to the airport and made it easy for us to make our outbound connections.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple