“Best hotel ever - anywhere !”
Review of Taj Palace Hotel

Taj Palace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Telchac Puerto, Mexico
“Best hotel ever - anywhere !”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel had the finest service, best food, lovely accommodations I have ever had the good fortune to experience. The staff did little things like leave flowers by my little shrine in our room , learned our names, etc.

• Stayed April 2013
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, thank you very much for taking time off from your schedule and giving us your feedback.

It is really heartening to get your acknowledgement about the hospitality and services extended to you during your stay at our hotel. It is certainly very encouraging to get this feedback from you, which indeed goes a long way to improve and exceed our services to meet the expectations of our esteemed guests

Thanking you once again and looking forward to your continued patronage of the Taj Palace.

Taljinder Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 8 September 2013

On a business trip, had the privilege to stay at the Taj Palace. It is a wonderdul place to be. The staff were some of the courteous I've ever seen. The food was great. Even though I was disappointed with the fact that some of the restaurants they had needed formal dress to enter.
The rooms were classic, tthe over all experience a nice one and would love to go back soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FoodiePhili
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Taj Palace.

I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be very courteous and the food to be great. Thank you for this feedback which I have communicated to all my team members. Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

I have also noted your feedback with regard to formal attire required to enter certain restaurants at our hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Taj Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Lyon, France
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After a wonderful brunch 9000 rupee for 3 champagne mumm rose all you can eat and drink, we try to hace a coffee by the pool, 10 meters from the restaurant : forbiden. Only 2 guest lying there and about 10 in the restaurant. Even though rules are rules and due the very and every 5' insistance of the manager,
we went to Samsar hotel where you can access the pool.....

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank P R
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 7 September 2013

It s more than two years since I last stayed here. In these two years a lot seems to have happened.. most for the good and a few not so good...first the not so good.. they had an excellent chinese restaurant which no more exists. the Indian restaurant is expensive and the name masala art seems a made up name..the lobby area has been converted into a tea lounge and for a visitor there is hardly any space to sit except a few sofas.

now to the good things...
the staff at the reception is young and eager to please. I was received on arrival, escorted to the check in and then to the room. The room itself is now done up with better bathroom fittings and other normal things you find in a hotel of this level. The bed and pillows were soft. I had free wifi offered in the package which was a nice touch.
I ordered my dinner on room service... I always try to check the lamb biriyani; but the lamb biriyani on the menu was the expensive masala art offering. so I chose Hungarian goulash with the rice on the side..the food arrived quite fast with a surprise.. Chef Mr. Yadav accompanying the food to know my comments..If he was surprised to see a lungi clad t shirt wearing Indian he hid it well. Coming to goulash.. it was very different from the goulash I had elsewhere.. It was a sort of nice dark spicy meat curry which went well with the rice.

The breakfast the next day was ok with very good service.

The checkout was also quick and I took a taxi from the hotel to the airport. I was told to pay by the meter and there was no hassles. It was half the price compared to what I paid two years ago for the same trip and less than 10% of what the hotel asked for airport pick up on arrival.

Will I go back? certainly if I get the same or similar tariff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, we would like to thank you for your valuable time in sharing your feedback with regard to your stay at Taj Palace.

I have noted your suggestions with regard to the Tea Lounge and in our defence, can only say that the focus of our Indian restaurant - Masala Art is to serve home style North Indian food.

We would like to thank you for your kind compliments for the staff at the reception, the room, room service and the check out and had communicated the same to my team.

While we thank you for your kind patronage of Taj Palace we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Leicester
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights while I was attending a conference. The club level rooms are outstanding; the club lounge and butler service staff are very attentive. On the first night during cocktail hour my wine glass was never left empty it was refilled as quick as I could drink it; the hot finger buffet (tapas style) was amazing, in fact it was just enough to satisfy an average appetite. The next day at the club lounge I was greeted by name and seated in a location that they new was my preference; needles to say I did not even have to request my drink and immediately my red wine arrived together with my glass of water. I chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant at ground floor level and again as expected the staff here were truly outstanding; the service has "luxury and quality" written all over it as does the quality of food.
I will always try to get myself booked in here next time I am in Delhi - Taj you have definitely got it right at this property?

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area in my opinion have the best view and if the budget allows go for Club Lev...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

I am pleased to note that our Taj Club rooms and the services at the Taj Club Lounge were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 6 September 2013

One of the most pleasant stays experienced. Professional courteous staff, impeccable cleanliness and up to date with all requests made. All the halls, the Shahjehan, the Durbar etc are best in this Delhi and would recommend to everyone for a Business Event. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ambala
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Taj Palace dealhi is an Incredible,Nice place and full of hospitality with best service.Staff is professional and caring.Location of the Hotel is excellentAbig swimming pool and a good gym
are really attention getters.Greenry all around is very pleasing and freshening.It was really a great visit to the hotel on the special occasion of my sons Birthday.Thanks to staff for taking care.
Visit you soon again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the south have agood view of pool
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ajay358

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Wth best regards,