“View and comfort together”

Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi
Ranked #7 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Imagine stepping into your room, and seeing a large view of dense trees and a nice pool through the window of your room ...that's Taj Palace Hotel in Delhi. I enjoyed the stay through the professional service of the people at this hotel and the comfort was indeed "Taj" style !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback with regard to your recent stay at Taj Palace.

I am pleased to note that your stay with us was up to your satisfaction and that you particularly liked the view of your room and found the service to be professional. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is one of the loveliest hotels I have stayed in. Being a Taj hotel obviously the service is very good. The hotel is very well located (very close to Dhaula Kuan). It was a great variety of food (many restaurants). The hotel itself is very beautiful and has an old world charm to it. You almost feel like its a real palace. Absolutely loved the experience of staying at The Taj Palace Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Bhasin,

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting our hotel and restaurants. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I travel to Delhi regularly on business, and have stayed in a number of five-star hotels there. Found myself at the Taj Palace for a conference recently, and I have to say I think it is the best of all.

Full disclosure: I stayed on a renovated floor. Apparently not all floors are renovated yet, and I can imagine that the experience in an older room might not be so wonderful.

But the experience I had was fantastic. Starting with the welcome from the hotel representative, on through every member of the staff I had contact with, the service orientation, welcoming attitude, and politeness were superb. Even by 5-star standards, they were superb. My room was the most functional and comfortable business accommodation I’ve enjoyed – it was sparkling clean and furnished with all the latest equipment, including an iPad player and an HDMI-equipped TV and DVD player. The wifi system works well without hassles (for house guests, at least) throughout the entire hotel (including guest room, conference facilities and restaurant). They very sagely offer two options – free, with bandwidth sufficient to get email, etc. and premium, which costs but delivers enough bandwidth, they say, to download movies, etc. (I didn’t try the premium, so can’t comment on it….but the free option was great!) BTW, this room was on an ordinary floor, NOT the club floor.

The next comment will lead people to conclude I’m an engineer, but I’m not: Somebody put a lot of attention into the new climate control system -- it worked wonderfully, and put ME in control of how much aircon the system delivered (and the vents were aimed so when I sat at the desk working I wasn’t showered with freezing cold air.) It was functional AND comfortable. Loved it.

I ate several meals in the hotel’s café restaurant – the breakfast buffets were copious and featured both western and Indian options. Taste of the food was excellent.

For a couple of trips to places around New Delhi, I used the yellow-and-black metered taxis called by the hotel. I hope the hotel can take credit for screening the cabs -- both of the ones I used were in reasonably good shape with working a/c and drivers who understood working English, were well groomed and polite (this has not always been the case with taxis I’ve picked up at other hotels.)

On my last day, I had several hours to kill before flight time, so I availed myself of the gym and spa. That was great, too. The gym was well-appointed, with a dozen cardio machines in good shape. The spa was comfortable and the staff – again – was friendly and welcoming.

The only slight minus was that the renovation of the elevators during my stay meant two of the four cars were not functioning, so there were some 2-3 minute waits for elevators. But the renovations won’t last forever, and when they’re done, the service will be that much better.

Pretty much everything else was great. Honestly, I would love to stay at the Taj Palace again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a renovated floor.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed in the Taj Palace for four days recently and it was a wonderful experience starting from the traditional reception at the door. You don't have to stand at the reception for the check in, it's done in the room itself. The interiors and the ambience in the hotel is great. The room was good with all the amenities. The hotel has great lawns for evening walk/leisure. The negative was the lift service, terrribly slow due to some renovation going on.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your kind feedback with regard to your experience during your recent stay with us at Taj Palace. We have noted your kind words regarding the traditional welcome at the reception, the in room check in, the interiors and the ambience of the hotel. While we thank you for the same, we have communicated the same to all the concerned associates.

We have also noted your comments with regard to the elevator. Although we have taken adequate care by placing a note in the room informing our guests of two elevators having been taken under modernization programme, it seems that this may have slipped your attention. Since, only two elevators are under operation, there may be an occasion when they take slightly more than normal time to report. However, this situation is very temporary in nature and our brand new state-of-the-art elevators will be recommissioned on 15th October, 2013. We are confident that you would find the situation to be vastly different thereafter. We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Thank you for your kind patronage of Taj Palace and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

There is just one word to describe this beautiful property - Marvellous. Right from the entrance to the hotel till the time you leave, you are transported to another world. Everything is so beautiful and meticulous and the ambience is great. The flowers right in the middle of the lobby present a beautiful view. The Indian restaurant (Masala Art) is par excellence. Well worth the visit. You are looked after so well that you feel like coming back again. Great memories.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

It is really heartening to get your acknowledgement about the hospitality and services extended to you during your stay at our hotel and also your kind words for the lobby and the Masala Art. It is certainly very encouraging to get this feedback from you, which indeed goes a long way to improve and exceed our services to meet the expectations of our esteemed guests

Thanking you once again and looking forward to your continued patronage of the Taj Palace.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Arriving at the Taj Palace Hotel you may feel you have gone back in time as you experience a wonderful reception by staff in traditional Indian garb; you just know that this going to be a special experience. The rooms are delightful with all the amenities you may need - except an iron and ironing board. That was rectified with one phone call and they remained with me for the week I was there. The Internet was a little slow especially using Webex, and power cuts happened a few times - but I gather that is not unusual in India. Aside from that, the amazing service and wonderful culinary experiences at the restaurants, Masala Art and Blue Ginger made for a great visit.

1  Thank CraigvE
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Taj was a lovely respite and offered extraordinary service levels. We were there only one night, but the room and hotel were beautifully appointed and food was excellent. We had friends who had travel difficulties and the hotel staff bent over backward to make them comfortable. The only negative is that there is nothing walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple