“By and large exceeded my expectations”

Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi
Ranked #7 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Like stated in many other reviews, the Taj Palace provided a wonderful experience. The service of all staff is really outstanding. The rooms are well furnished and equipped and very clean.

The only problem, my colleagues and I had, was the hybrid service model for breakfast, ie partly self service and partly serviced. This resulted in unnecessary waiting and hot food arriving late and not to order. I must add that we had the same experience at other upmarket hotels in India. A late night meal in Kafe Fontana also did not meet my expectations. I did provide this feedback to management and have reviewed Kafe Fontana separately.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BertusJHB
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, we would like to thank you for your feedback in the Trip Advisor. It is only your valuable comments and suggestions that help us in our continuous endeavor to make improvements.

I have noted your comments with regard to our rooms as well as your service experience. I have also noted your comments with regard to our breakfast service being a mix of service and self help, and will examine how it can be made more efficient. You have mentioned that the late night meal did not meet your expectation. May I request you to kindly elaborate on what exactly went wrong with your late night meal at Kafe Fontana, to be able to rectify it.

Thank you for your kind patronage of Kafe Fontana and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was on my business trip to Delhi and stayed at Taj this time. The experience has been wonderful. It starts right from the moment you step out of your car and end only when you are out of the gate.
ROOM:
Rooms are great. Every fine detailing is taken care. Everything just makes you feel fresh.
It was club room that I got upgraded to it was equipped with a complete BOSE home theater that was awesome. Had a lovely view of the very nice pool.
SERVICE:
Always top of the class. The courtesy, elegance, promptness and serving was all EXCELLENT.
LOCATION:
Hotel is in one of the most posh & aristocratic localities of Delhi.
It was just perfect for me as I was travelling to Gurgaon to my office daily. It was not far from the airport either.
FOOD:
Food is delicious and classy again.
Breakfast was wonderful. However, if you have had Breakfast at Taj Land's Mumbai than you might feel the spread over at Taj Palace is not as lavish.
Something that Taj Palace can match upto with :)

Wonderful place, and as a Taj lover I would definitely want to go back to the same place next time when I am in Delhi.

Room Tip: Go for a club room...Excellent rooms with high speed internet and nice view.
2  Thank SundipK
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Taj Palace, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction and would like to thank you for your kind words with respect to the room, service & food. We have also noted your feedback and suggestion with regard to the breakfast and thank you for the same. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We have attended many functions at the Taj Palace Banquet area. The one which we attended on 30th Aug,2013-UNSUNG Heroes was a treat. The moment we alighted from our car, we were received by the guards and escorted to the entrance of the Banquet area where again the lady escorts took us into the Durbar Hall where we were offered a welcome champagne and any other choice of drink A silent Painting exhibition was on in the hall and if any one desired to buy one he could enter his name with the artist Ms. Kapoor. After spending good time in this hall we were ushered into the next hall where sit down dinner was organized and we were seated at table no. 20 which was close to the dais and the dance floor. A single singer entertained us while we enjoyed the most sumptuous continental dinner. The speed at which the four course dinner was being served at each table was mind boggling . Each table was attended by special staff to take care of the guests.And now the action started a beautiful singer with live band in attendance came on the stage to enthrall the audience. We could not resist the music and went on dancing till the we hours . Now was the time to go to the third stage of the evening, a cigar and cognac room which was the culmination of the evening. While departing from the hotel we were handed over a return gift a packet full of in house made chocolates . This was a real night to remember.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Their hospitality is among the best. I would recommend this hotel for leisure as well as business. Beautiful surroundings, greenery. Nice butler services. Breakfast was good with lot of options. Ambience was good.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, thank you very much for taking time off from your schedule and giving us your feedback.

It is really heartening to get your acknowledgement about the hospitality and services extended to you during your stay at our hotel. It is certainly very encouraging to get this feedback from you, which indeed goes a long way to improve and exceed our services to meet the expectations of our esteemed guests

Thanking you once again and looking forward to your continued patronage of the Taj Palace Hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I went to this hotel on my business trip, as my official conference held up there.
Its an amazing hotel with superb services and delicious and very worthful food.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone, who could stay in this.

Room Tip: Corner room

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for your feedback in the Trip Advisor. We have noted your kind compliments with regard to the services and food and I have communicated the same to all the concerned staff. It is really heartening to get your acknowledgement about the hospitality and services extended during your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind patronge of Taj Palace and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Things at its best, great staff, lavish buffet breakfast and most importantly everyone feels you at ease just like home with great comfort. Great for people preferring a hotel near city and airport. great location, good security and all comforts.

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the staff, buffet breakfast, security and also your comment saying that 'everyone feels you at ease just like home with great comfort". Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Taj Palace Hotel in Delhi in the end of 2012. It was a very sudden plan and had to take the flight into Delhi from where I called a few cost effective hotels before making the call to Taj. Apparently we couldn't get availability anywhere else and there were only like one or two rooms left at Taj. The welcome was absolutely amazing. Very well dressed and very well spoken staff members. Though the check-in took some time as they were not able to pull my membership information but once that was done, it was smooth. They showed us two different suites as I generally check the suite before I make the decision even if I am staying for just one day. The dinner at their café restaurant was fabulous. My friends and I enjoyed our stay though we were so tired from visiting so many places in Delhi. I recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a "worth the price" experience.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the top are quieter and quality.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends