“I always like to start a trip with a professional quality hotel”

Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi
Ranked #7 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I like to start every trip in a quality hotel, get over the flight, and just relax for a few days. Get oriented and grounded and then fade into the local culture. I have had several trips to India that get very varied, but, this is where I start for quality and service that is not pretentious. I feel at least that the people who work at the Taj Palace have real pride in the jobs they have here and to me this makes a much better stay than places where smiles and politeness are required or pasted on when they catch you looking . The Taj Palace is first class all the way. Its comfortable, quality and best of all quiet. There are plenty of good friendly quality places in India at all prices, but quiet comes at a premium and for most Westerners recovering from any aspect of travel and touring quiet will alway bump up the rating. There is no doubt in my mind this place is rates excellent across the board.

Room Tip: Just mention you want it quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, we would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing your feedback on the Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note your satisfaction with your stay with us at Taj Palace. Your kind words with regard to your stay and specifically the politeness of our associates is much appreciated and the same has been communicated to our team.

We have also noted your comments with respect to the hotel being calm and quiet. Taj Palace is ideally located for those seeking a calm, serene and green surroundings as we are surrounded by reserve forest cover on two sides and Embassies on the other. We are the preferred choice for those in search of calm and serene environment in a safe and clean and the greenest part of the city, there is probably no equal to our unique location.Your mail seems to validate this and makes us very happy.

In addition, we are only fifteen minutes from the international airport, ten minutes from the Ministries, Presidential Palace and within Lutyens Delhi (city’s heritage quarter.)

Thank you for your kind patronage of Taj Palace and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels around the world for business. The Taja in Delhi ranks as one of the best I have stayed in. It is clean and tidy and all the staff whether cleaners through to front of office were excellent. Customer service is just 100% without being over the top or intrusive. They just know what to do at the right time with no hesitation.

The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. A place to relax or work.

Will definately stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gibson9

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Taj Palace.I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were up to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to all the members of our team.

It is of great importance to us when a guest takes time to let us know about our product and services which he recently experienced and more so from regular global travelers like you.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Taj Palace and look forward to your next visit wherein we will get another opportunity to delight you with our true Taj hospitality.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My stay at the hotel was on twin sharing as per a corporate arrangement between my office and the hotel.
What struck me first was the huge cracks on the exterior walls of the hotel which wears a jaded look on the outside.
The staff was either
diffident or indifferent, but certainly lacking warmth.
The room was at best, adequate. The beds were small and not the most comfortable. There was a complete lack of privacy since the other bed was open to occupancy, akin to a dormitory.
The meal served in the room was an apology of a menu, even though it was allegedly the chef's special. No self respecting chef can ever serve apple gourd as a delicacy. The plates were cleared 4 hours after the meal was served. We had to call for the room bearer twice before he ultimately appeared at quarter past 12 at night.
The front office was not prepared to take a feedback, claiming it to be an automated online survey.
The entire experience was an apology. The hotel reeks in a self deluding
understanding of hospitality in the name
of luxury. I am never returning to this highfalutin, pretentious place. Their lack of understanding of hospitality guarantees them permanent loss of a many more customers. I strongly dissuade anyone who is yet to make a booking at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank sydneytusker
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your kind feedback and your comments with respect to the cracks that have been noted on the building façade and assure you of the corrective action that has been initiated.

Having been through the details of the reservation, it is evident that the hotel has honoured the terms of the contract with your organization. The contract clearly states that the rate paid per person is on a twin sharing basis and rooms are to be paired of the arriving personnel, who have already been informed of this arrangement, through the organization’s intranet. It may be pertinent to say that the rate enjoyed by the organization are highly preferential and we unfortunately, are not in a position to accord single rooms on a rate which essentially is a per person rate on a twin sharing basis.

We completely understand that this may make you uncomfortable to be in twin share accommodation as a guest, but it is your organization that needs to authorize officers / personnel of your rank rates that are applicable for single occupancy rooms.

We therefore, request you not to directly equate hospitality or the lack of it, with the constraint of twin sharing rates. We continue to be dedicated to ensuring the comfort of guests from your organization and in our association of several years, have had the privilege and pleasure of receiving numerous compliments and praise from the officers who have stayed with us under exactly the same set of terms.

We thank you for your kind patronage of Taj Palace and look forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located from the airport hence a natural choice for business meetings. The highlight of any Taj property is the food. Taj palace reinforces that belief. The rooms are fit for kings. You almost feel like one. Since my visits are for business I feel that the only glitch is the conference rooms which could have better approach than being midway between escalators. Signages need to be worked upon. Grand experience but falls a tad short of royal.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

We thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing with us your feedback.

Thank you for your kind comments for the food and the rooms. We have also noted your feedback with respect to the location of the conference rooms and the signage's and thank you for the same. I have conveyed your feedback with regard to the signage's to the concerned department and assure you that corrective measure will be taken.

We thank you for choosing the Taj Palace and look for your continued visits.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

First i must say that my experience did not start well with room # 274 located close to the service lift of the hotel. But when i asked for a change, my experience changed. I had the chance to move to the room 611 and i entered a different world. The level of service is incredible, the level of kindness of the staff is amazing. The spa, the barber, the restaurants, all is made to make your stay a dream. You feel pampered and it is as the entire hotel is there for you only.
A great place, a must go if you stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: Room 611 with view on the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your feedback in the Trip Advisor.

I have noted that, to begin with you had a less than satisfactory experience with the room initially allocated to you. However, I am glad to know about your pleasant experience with the new room and the service experienced thereafter and thank you for the same. Your kind comments with regard to the spa, the barber and the restaurants have been noted and passed on to all concerned.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service which we are well known for.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at Taj Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Have stayed in various hotels in New Delhi during my visits from London. This one is my favourite (a close winner over Le Meridian). The staff are amazing as always and the two times I've stayed here I have automatically been upgraded to the suite (from Taj Club room). It's also is a very decent location and makes travel easy. My favourite spot in the hotel is probably the private Taj Club bar. lol

Room Tip: You should automatically get an upgrade to a room up to the next level (if available). Also make sur...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing with us your feedback.

I am delighted to know that Taj Palace is one of your favourite hotels in Delhi. Your specific comments with regard to our most valuable asset - our staff is highly motivating and the same have been shared with our staff.

Thank you for choosing Taj Palace and look forward to your next visit wherein we can get another opportunity to delight you once again with our true Taj Hospitality.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

It's called the Taj Palace and it lived up to its name. The staff are very professional and lovely. The service is fantastic in keeping with Taj traditions. I prefer Taj hotels because of the above reasons and the Palace exceeded my expectations. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was comfortable and very well put together. We had an event at the Taj and everything went very smoothly. The food was great. My room was on the Club floor and I could check out there. I found it very helpful.

Room Tip: A room on the Taj Club floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SVMet
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi !

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your excellent feedback in the Trip Advisor.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for patronizing the Taj Group of hotels and Taj Palace in particular. It is indeed great to read that you found our staff very professional and the service to be fantastic. I have also noted your compliments for the breakfast, room and the food and great to know that you found Taj Palace exceeded your expectations. Thank you for all these words and please be rest assured that the same has been communicated to all in the team.

Please do come back to stay with us again, we will love to see you again and help you create some unforgettable memories of the Taj Palace experience.