“Excellent Hotel, good location, faultless good service, good food.”
Review of Taj Palace Hotel

Taj Palace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Excellent Hotel, good location, faultless good service, good food.”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Excellent service, food , room & Health Club. Very much satisfied. The attitude & the behaviour of the staffs are really fantastic. To me this is the best hotel in India.swimming pool & health club is very good. Breakfast menu choice is really good.

Room Tip: View from both side of the hotel is good but I prefer room with Swimming pool view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2014

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Taj Palace.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Taljinder Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business, the staff are really attentive and helpful, the food in the restaurants is excellent try the Dal Makhani for a real treat. My room was well presented and upon returning from a 14 hour day in Delhi a bath with rose petals had been run and left for me. I couldn't fault a single thing at this hotel and it will be top of my list when I return in December with my family.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Taj Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Between the period 2007 till recently in February 2014, I have stayed numerous times at this hotel that became a 'home away from home' during my frequent business trips over the years. Whilst I did try many hotels in Delhi over the period, I settled on Taj Palace to have a special feel to it despite it not being as fancy and modern as other hotels in the Chanakyapuri area. The service and food always lived up to the high standards. Consistency in quality of service has always been impressive. I always used to look forward to viewing the dense 'Delhi Trees' in the reserve forest area whenever I checked into the hotel; this is the view from most of the hotel rooms because of the elevation of the hotel. It is and will always be my favorite hotel in New Delhi.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

At the outset, we would like to thank you for your feedback in the Trip Advisor. It is only your valuable comments and suggestions that help us in our continuous endeavor to make improvements.

I have noted your kind compliments for the consistency in our services,the quality of food and the green surroundings . We are the preferred choice for those in search of calm and serene environment in a safe and clean and the greenest part of the city, there is probably no equal to our unique location.

While we thank you for the kind words, please be rest assured that your feedback has reached all of them. For us there is nothing better than getting to know that our guests have felt at home during their stay with us.

We thank you for your kind patronage of Taj Palace and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

To my shock, after years of visit to Taj group of hotels, I find the second time in a row a terrible customer service from them. Seems Taj Hotels also have got into rat race of growing fast, completely forgetting prime motive of customer experience.

I was today in Hotel Taj Palace in New Delhi to attend A Summit organised by one of the government of India as special invitee. I was made to run around between bell desks and conference room staff for keeping my bag in storage area.

On escalating to duty Manager, Vaneet, at Reception he said it's not a facility for non residents.

On my losing cool of why I was to made to run around then and what about customer service, he to my utter disbelief said that "Customer Service Comes Second."

This is the most shocking and rude behavior I have seen from any five star hotel. I know customer service is not priority for these hotels anymore as they seem to be doing well, however they saying on face to a regular customer, is pretty low.

I will never stay in this hotel. And one more incident with this group hotels, would make me take that decision for any Taj Hotels.

No one is customer service industry should take customers for granted anymore.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Delhichd
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2014

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

After having read your comments, I was extremely taken aback and rather shocked as Taj Palace is most certainly not known to have and does not have any associate who can be blatant enough to state that ”customer service comes second”. I was therefore compelled to take assistance of our CCTV cameras to ascertain what transpired.

You approached the bell desk at 1216 hrs asking for your baggage to be stored while you attended the conference. Kindly note that at Taj Palace our conference facilities accommodate more than a 1000 people on any given day and taking care of baggage of Non Resident guests to that scale is simply not possible. The responsibility for organizing the baggage hold is left to the Conference Organizers. This is the standard practice and policy. Therefore, my colleagues correctly guided you to the Conference organizers while expressing their inability to store baggage for you. However, upon your insistence, the bell boy agreed to facilitate this as a special case at 1218 hrs.

At this stage you become visibly agitated and at some point became abusive in your language. Thereafter, our Duty Manager interrupted you and advised you to refrain from using unparliamentarily language. This has been validated and ascertained with the help of two of our resident and regular guests who were standing nearby, in the vicinity, during your conversation with the bell desk staff and the Duty Manager.

You also demanded to meet the General Manager of the hotel and I was with another delegation at that moment. Our Accommodations Manager – Mr. Aveek Sengupta spoke to you over the phone explaining the hotel policy and apologized for the inconvenience caused.

At Taj we have ladies and gentlemen who serve ladies and gentlemen and abusive behavior from guests is hardly acceptable.

That there is competition in the service industry is something that we are acutely aware of and that is why our service is second to none. However, this cannot be at the cost of the dignity of our hard working, sincere, polite and humble associates.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My daughter and me had booked the club room in Taj.
Right from the personalised check in to the housekeeping services - it was fantastic. We got complimentary transfers.
Location- Great. Suited us. Pretty area in the middle of the Diplomatic Enclave. Not sure if public transport is available nearby. We had our own car.
Rooms- The club suites facing the pool are fantastic.
Check in- Club members get the facility of a check-in in their rooms along with a welcome drink.
Dining- Breakfast was ample and it was a lavish spread. You would enjoy it. Just wish there was more variety of cheese
Hospitality- Gosh!!! We felt sooo special. There is round the clock valet service in club rooms. I was traveling alone with my daughter and we did feel like a maharani and a princess. From scented rose petals in my bath, flower bouquets for mothers day, gifts for my child and chocolate cake and chocolates on Mothers day - I don't think the hotel and housekeeping staff could have done more to make us feel special or welcome.
Please keep in mind that children under 12 are not allowed in the club lounge. Also, that internet is not included in the club rooms and you are only given limited free access in the lounge. ..
Also, you have to cross the main lobby to get to the pool.
Apart from that- This was a memorable stay and we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Please choose club rooms facing the pool side if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chere

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regard to your stay experience at Taj Palace, New Delhi.

I am delighted to read your kind compliments for our products and service especially the club room, housekeeping services, the breakfast spread etc. and that you felt special and thank you for the same. Your kind words have been communicated to all the concerned.

I have noted your comments with regard to internet charges and the route to be taken to reach the swimming pool. Taj Palace offers a complimentary internet facility for upto 30 minutes at no charge from it’s Business Centre wired connections and also from dedicated fixed stations at the club lounge. Apart from passing through the Lobby, you can also access the pool by taking the elevators to the mezzanine floor and reaching the pool through the Spa. This is for your information please.

We thank you for your kind patronage of Taj Palace and look forward to your continued visits.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed only one day in the Hotel to visit Delhi after 14 days in Kerala (club room)
It was really a pleasure to come back to a civil world with all facilities.
The hotel restaurants, bars, rooms and pool are excellent, The team is very helpful and ready to comply with every request.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
tphgm_del, General Manager at Taj Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for visiting the Taj Palace and I am delighted to know that you had a great experience.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Palace in the near future.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Excellent service, super friendly staff (especially Aamir at check - in), great restaurants, good location. The ambassador taxis waiting outside are of great convenience. Had a great time. What more could one ask for? Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Greetings from Taj Palace, New Delhi!

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide high level of services to our guests.