“Needs an Update”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #11 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The staff are friendly and the location is good but it is VERY tired. The worst part is the dirty carpets. In a city where cows roam the streets and it is common for people to step in feces it is a major turnoff to imagine what bacteria is in the dirty bedroom carpet. I wore the hotel slippers at all times. The first day there I didn't leave the hotel and got "Delhi Belly" after my first meal so I am concerend about cleanliness in the kitchen as well. In a city with wonderful hotels it would be a shame to choose this one.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Betty-Ann H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed 26 September 2012

This hotel, which is the only high rise in the area gives you a fantastic vantage point and you can see for miles.
We stayed for two nights as part of an Abercrombie and Kent tour. Our breakfasts were included, but we also had a few meals in the informal restaurant and they were very good. The wait service is excellent, as is the range of Indian and non-Indian food.
After a long day of sight-seeing it was refreshing to come back to that enormous swimming pool, have a splash around and watch the squirrels playing in the trees.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jc0691
Reviewed 23 September 2012

There are so many 5 star hotels in delhi, but this is definitely a best 5 star hotel of delhi.
Hotel staff is well trained. Their care and hospitality will definitely arouse us to compare them from our experiences in past stays in other hotels.
When you will proceed for check out, I am sure your heart may not allow you to proceed.
Hotel simply offers all amenities and accommodation with world class comforts and luxury.
I would simply recommend you to visit this hotel without further doubt.
Thumbs up for amenities, staff, ambiance and food as well.
''Wah Taj'' you made my business trip into a leisure trip. I will definitely come again with my family...

Room Tip: Club floor rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank gauravMumbai
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is a truly impressive building in a prestige address. Service here is first class in all areas of the hotel. We stayed in a Club Room which was quite pleasant, but the real "Club" difference shows when you use the Lounge - here the service is exceedingly good, the ambiance superb, the food and drink first class! If looking to stay here, ensure you pay the little extra for the Club - well worth it. Compared to most hotels, it would probably rate a 5, but we also stayed at Taj hotels in Jaipur and Udaipur, and after these nothing will be a 5 again

Room Tip: Most definitely pay extra for the Club Rooms - simply superb!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jrandsk
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The Taj Mahal Hotel
"Number One Mansingh Road"

This encapsulates this Magnificent Architecture by Lutyens. "Nunber One"
This is what is stands for - Hospitality, Room Services, Dining, Room, Banquets, Leisure Area..

The love and care, compassion that is given by the staff is just so memorable. They make you so comfortable.We were offered complimentary buffet at Machan. Just a small gesture and generally comes with mostly all room packages but just that they offered it was quite a gesture.

We went to Ricks's(Pub) and House of Ming for fine dining... i stayed there in a deluxe room.

whether it was early morning plunge at the Pool or just relaxing in the open gardens .... the experience is just unforgettable. I felt like a Queen being spoiled and pampered by the staff.. !!!

It is very well located, heart of Delhi and closest market is Khan Market where one can ejoy good food(boasts of one of the good restaurants in Delhi) and a great shopping area.... !!!

All in all staying at THE "Taj Palace" is an Experience of A lifetime.

Room Tip: Any room is great.. !!!! just stay here .. !!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MDabral
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I've stayed in a few hotels in Delhi and have decided that this is it. There may be other's that people support, but the Taj is the one for me. The service is second to none and the rooms excellent and beautifully presented. I stayed for four nights and would have extended if that had been possible. Maybe the best hotel I've stayed in for years.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive if at all possible, the extra cost is really worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Baz27
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I arrived late at New Delhi, and had the hotel arrange for a pickup service for me from the airport. From the moment I stepped in the car, I was impressed as the driver gave me bottled water, and immediately called back to the hotel to inform them we were on the way.

Upon arriving at the hotel, a staff opened the door, greeted me by name and brought me up directly to my room. No need for waiting at the counter to check in! The hotel staff gave me a brief of what's available, took my passport and credit card to make copies, and returned to my room a short while later to return them.

The attendant at the lift was also very attentive as he remembered every floor guests stayed on. Each time I went into the lift, he pressed all the floors of all the guests I entered with without us having to say anything. Impressive!

Loved my room, and the cleaning crew was super attentive to small details, they helped to arrange my makeup/bottles everyday, and even placed a lace cloth under them.
Food in the hotel was also great, and the service was definitely top notch!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business