“Well located and high quality”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #10 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 20 December 2013

While not as elegant as some of the Taj palace hotels, this is a very good hotel that provides top quality service. It is well located and has excellent restaurants and shops. The lobby is busy and a good place for international people watching. Our room was not large, but it was well maintained. Floors tend to be divided between smoking and non-smoking (each floor is half smoking and half non-smoking) so you may want to be sure you are on the side you want.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moonriser
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Friendly staff, excellent location, clean facilities, super welcome and quick service. Had to order medicines for my son at 2 in the morning and the ever helpful staff picked it up from the chemist and delivered it to my room. Restaurant staff remembered exactly what we ordered the day before and always asked if we wish to order the same thing, and at times after few days simply delivered our preferred drinks and specially requested meals to the table without us asking.

Room Tip: Pool face rooms..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Varunmohan86

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Warm regards

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We only stayed for a very short day/night here, but I was very impressed with the property and service - the hotel is located within easy reach of various New Delhi sights and makes excellent arrangements for viewing, and suggestions when in need. We left *very* early the next morning, and the team at the Taj Mahal created delicious little packed breakfasts for us to bring along. Their Morimoto restaurant (I know, interesting choice for first night in India...long story) was a bit disappointing compared to his other restaurants, but for sushi-fresh seafood in India, I was still impressed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NewYorkdaniela

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This TAJ hotel is for an exceptional standard.
Stayed here for 2 nights and got a late checkout for the third.
From check in which was late in the evening to check out once again late in the evening everything was superb.
The common areas of the hotel are just gorgeous.
The foyer of an evening with the lady playing the harp is captivating.
Ricks is a great place for a drink and later for a dance.
The Chinese restaurant has great decor and the food is a great change from Indian, with the service terrific.
Breakfast there is a great variety and a busy place in the morning.
I was waiting in a parcel and the concierge team were fantastic following up and making calls in my behalf to locate the parcel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here for two night, like any Taj hotel I have stayed in the service is always perfect any the staff will make you feel like royalty. I ate in the main restaurant both night on the first night I had some Aloo Gobi and Naan bread the waited asked how it was, I said it was not spicy enough ( a bit strange for an Irish man).
Now there was nothing wrong with the flavour but I was just expecting it to be more spicy. The waiter asked if I wanted another dish I said no its fine don't worry, he then got the chef to cook another small sample dish to see if that would suit better. again this was not required but they done this anyway. The next night the chef came out to see what flavour I wanted again showing that at the Taj they will always put the customer first.
In my room (432) the WIFI was not working the best and cut off every few minutes but in the lobby it was perfect, but they took it off my bill at the end. I look forward to visiting again .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to during your stay due to the Interrupted internet connection. This is to inform you that we have rectified the error in the room.

Warm regards

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was in Delhi for 3 nights and stayed here. Though expensive must says the hotel was very good. The food in the restaurant was expensive but exceptional. Very good service and very hospitable staff.Really loved the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Best regards

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My stay was with my family friends for two nights. So lavish And Luxury Lobby...!!! Well Decorated restaurants. Very Classy Food...!!!! Chinese Food Must Try....!!!! Staff is very supportive and homely feel with Class of luxury. In India no One can beat service, Luxury and Quality TAJ Group.

Truly Luxury and Royal in all class

Room Tip: One can take room with view to President House and Indian Parliament. This gives wide horizon to par...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends