“Very pleased with this hotel.”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #11 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed in the Taj Mahal Hotel for four nights in early February 2014 and were impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, the well designed room -- especially its wonderful lighting, handy places to put things, great beds and while not big by any means, offered a very comfortable amount of space. The public spaces are very attractive and the restaurant offerings are diverse and good quality. The concierge arranged for competent guides and transportation for sightseeing at the last minute.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Satyajeet Krishnan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Hotel was beautifully done, service was prompt and breakfast was great. Room comfort was top notch and the bar was well stocked. Landscaping was well done. My only issues with the hotel are as below
1. No tootpaste, brush, comb, shaving kit in the bathroom - This is basic. Traveling on business where the focus is on lean packing, I never take along my tooth brush, shaver knowing that these toiletries are part of every 5 star hotel. Not this one - you have to call up for every small thing. I feel these should be essential part of the toiletries provided.
2. The staff which comes in to deliver the toiletries hangs around at the door expecting a tip every time they come, with a foolish smile on their face (tbh it was the same person all 3 times who did this). It is slightly disconcerting.

Apart from this, I was happy to know that the hotel incorporated my preferences on day 1 into the system and abided by them on day 2 onwards which showed real commitment to customers. Kudos.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I sat for 15 mins in the airport car park because the hotel driver couldn't get through to the hotel on his mobile phone to inform them that he had collected me!!

The rooms are like shoe boxes. The last hotel that I stayed in Delhi was the ITC - it's rooms had bigger walk-in wardrobes than the entire Taj room.

Beware if you order room service. It'll arrive all laid out on a portable table that takes up most of the shoe box so be prepared to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom

The TV belongs in an East German museum, but it is colour so that's a bonus I guess.

If I wasn't here for an exhibition I'd have found another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mattzimbo
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I were visiting the Golden Triangle for two weeks and (save for a couple of days between destinations when unfortunately we were forced to use the Shangri-La) used the Taj as our base in Delhi.

The experience at the Taj was truly sublime, from the pick up from the airport, early check in service at no additional cost, through to the room, the restaurants and service. The travel desk in the hotel was also excellent.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Taj to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your sharing your positive feedbak on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for office work, hotel is good, clean, very nice service, food is ok ok, everything on the costly side, kind of liked Taj palace more but then Taj Palace is costlier than this hotel so can complain really. all in all a costly option.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind feedback with regards to your last stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

I have noted your feedback and corrective measures would be taken appropriately.

Please accept my apoligies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Do let me know if i can be of any assistance in future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I dont think there can be any better place to stay in New Delhi. The service is always impeccable at Taj, but this was even better than their usual standard. There is an old world charm associated with this hotel, and though its a lovely 5 star property it surely feels like home away from home. The rooms are large with latest amenities. Staff is extra alert and always at your service. Food is excellent at all restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here on 26-27 January on a business trip. The service is great from the moment you step out of the car, someone takes over and whisks you through the process to your room. A lovely tea service is offered (take it) and brought by your "personal" assistant, who then introduces themselves and offers to help in any way (for me, it was Anil). I called him to come back and shine my shoes, and he thanked me for the opportunity to be of service.

Room service is classic high end, a wheeled in table by the window overlooking the capital area and IndiaGate, delivered by a staff of two.

I had a meeting the next morning that required some privacy, and that was a bit tricky to set up in a place we could also eat an early lunch. Fortunately it was a lovely day, about 70F and sunny, so I had a table set up by the very cooperative pool staff. I needed some items brought from my room for the meeting, and a simple word had them there five minutes later in my briefcase.

All told, understated old world elegance. Impeccable service is the hallmark. Lovely.

Room Tip: I got a low cost (10,500Rs, about $180, room on a weekend rate. It was lovely, and the bed was perf...