“Excellent stay”

Ranked #9 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We've enjoyed our stay in this excellent hotel. The rooms were comfortable, the staff were here all the time to satisfy our needs, a nice menu at the restaurant ...
Ideal location (very close to Khan Market).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynn T
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Regards

Satyajeet Krishnan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 February 2014

It was one of those schedules at Delhi which needed me to get in on a Friday morning and leave Monday evening. I was all prepared to be bored and miss home over a full week-end. I checked in, armed with a lot of reading material to fill out the time..

It certainly worked out otherwise. Pick up at the airport was flawless and the Jaguar ride majestic. The room had all what I prefer, including my choice of pillows.After the full day's work, the lounge on the 8th floor greeted me cheerfully with the old faithful ever ready to please. After serving the single malt of my choice with accompaniments in front, the butler politely invited me to the buffet with, "you must try the Falafal and the mushroom today sir. They have turned out rather nicely". I noted that he remembered my vegetarian preference, although it was over 6 months since my last stay!

The copy of the Economist in hand lay in front, but even before I could pick it up, the warm smile and greeting from a couple of guests in the adjoining table was too much to resist. The Economist remained unread over the next two repeats, punctuated with small talk on every subject under the sun!! So began the week-end at Delhi...

Since dinner invites from friends had been accepted for every evening, the challenge was to fill the daylight hours. After the lengthy work out at the Gym ensured a hearty apetite, the Machaan simply encouraged me to stretch the breakfast to the full. After a lazy stroll, it being a typical Delhi winter, the buffet lunch was laid out in the afternoon sun by the pool side. A book in hand, one sought out a shady corner of the wonderfully wooded and green lawn. The Lachha Parathas and the stuffed Kulchas kept coming and it took a strong will to resist going overboard. It was amusing to see one among the staff taking turns to strut about the lawns carrying a large white flag aloft! One discovered that it was to scare the crows away from the dining areas. How thoughtful indeed.

To cut a long story short, I did not notice time flying by but realised soon that I had pleasantly sailed through the whole week-end breezily- albeit with a couple of extra inches around the waist! The Taj certainly had decided to show why it is indeed a home away from home...

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the pool side- preferably in the upper floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Warm regards
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel for a business trip and had a late arrival and early go….amazing how they cared even at this times, I got a breakfast to go without asking, welcome drinks and a good night of sleep.
Absolute fantastic service and hospitality

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm Regards,

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 6 February 2014

After a long flight from UK and a slow drive to the hotel I was a bit tired, the staff was quick to register me and the room I got was medium sizes, with wifi and a nice working space. Maintenance is OK but the room could use a facelift, including the bathroom that was a bit old fashioned.
There where no balconies but the view was good from the 5th floor. AC was ok but a bit noisy. Staff was always friendly and eager to serve. Breakfast was good and plenty-full with wide varieties of Indian and western food. Other restaurants in the hotel and the bar were fine to but price was a bit high on Indian standard. I can recommend the Grill room on the top floor, fine food and good wines.
There is a nice pool in the garden with good service, excellent to relax there in the afternoon after long meetings. The spa was very good also, professional quality service. The Hotel is well placed in Delhi and easy to get a Taxi or a TucTuc outside of the gate. There was no problem for me to walk in the neighbourhood, even in the evenings but sometime the salespeople in shops and in the markets could get a little overwhelming, Khan marked is close by. Class...close to 4 stars, recommended yes.

Room Tip: I recommend high up on north side, better view and less road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Sigurdarson,

We thank you for sharing your positive feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi. We have noted your comments which you felt were not upto the mark. Though we are in the process of refurbishing our rooms in a phased manner, I would certainly share it with our corporate team.

We value your patronage and look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was on a business trip with my Russian partner and stayed at Taj Mahal, New Delhi. Like its name , excellent service , elegant rooms and more than helpful staff. Highly recommended to all the foreign visitors and specially on business. Taj makes you very comfortable with small but needed assistance.
If in Delhi again , the only choice for me ,,, TAJ.
Happy holidaying !!!!
Jaggi Lamba.

Room Tip: While booking , do put in a request for an upgrade. Hotel usually does it free incase there is avail...
Dear Mr. Lamba,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm Regards,

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed in the Taj Mahal Hotel for four nights in early February 2014 and were impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, the well designed room -- especially its wonderful lighting, handy places to put things, great beds and while not big by any means, offered a very comfortable amount of space. The public spaces are very attractive and the restaurant offerings are diverse and good quality. The concierge arranged for competent guides and transportation for sightseeing at the last minute.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir,

Warm regards
mumbai
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Hotel was beautifully done, service was prompt and breakfast was great. Room comfort was top notch and the bar was well stocked. Landscaping was well done. My only issues with the hotel are as below
1. No tootpaste, brush, comb, shaving kit in the bathroom - This is basic. Traveling on business where the focus is on lean packing, I never take along my tooth brush, shaver knowing that these toiletries are part of every 5 star hotel. Not this one - you have to call up for every small thing. I feel these should be essential part of the toiletries provided.
2. The staff which comes in to deliver the toiletries hangs around at the door expecting a tip every time they come, with a foolish smile on their face (tbh it was the same person all 3 times who did this). It is slightly disconcerting.

Apart from this, I was happy to know that the hotel incorporated my preferences on day 1 into the system and abided by them on day 2 onwards which showed real commitment to customers. Kudos.