“The charm of the Taj” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai
“The charm of the Taj”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a very nice experience at the classy Taj Mansingh where I was staying after many years. From the room to the bathroom every thing had the little touches that mark them as a Taj property. A wooden slat to stand on as you shower to ensure you don't slip, roses in the room along with nail polish remover and a nail file, even the room service staff who advised a half portion as I was dining alone. Very warn service and I was charmed

Room Tip: I always ask for a non smoking room on a higher floor away from the lift
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wanderlust-diva
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Satyajeet Krishnan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The service was absolutely commendable, I would go as far as saying it's the best service I have experienced during all my stays in several hotels in several countries and over several continents. Rooms were fantastic, pool side view from 11th floor was awe inspiring. If you are used to the finer things in life and don't mind paying extra for impeccable service this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RKLondon2014

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I don't have words to express for all the smallest thing they take care I can't reneber I had any bad day or any bad memory in my more than 25 visit its wonderful I mean I try and fund out one mistakes but I can't I stayed in many star hotels in Delhi as well as many parts of India but this hotel is unbeatable its I feel above all in all the departments thanks a lot for your hospitality

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has great location, it's close to centre, but is still rather quiet. The room was spacious and clean, and had a nice view (was on 11th floor). The hotel has a nice garden pool, with deep and shallow sides, sunbeds and excellent poolside service. The spa is divided into exclusively male and female sections, with each having proper saunas. The massage (full-body and foot) was great. The staff is highly professional, and is not pushing for tips, unlike in many other hotels in New Delhi. The breakfast choice was abundant, with both local and international meals. Surprisingly, the hotel charges for the use of wi-fi, which is annoying given its 5 stars and room rates.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Viktor S
Dear Mr. Szabo,

I have noted the feeback and shared with the team.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our first hotel stay in India after a long flight, this is the best hotel one should think of when coming to New Delhi.The rooms are fantastic and food was amazing especially their Indian speciality restaurant Vark. The service was impeccable up to date. We were also greeted by beautiful ladies on arrival in an Indian traditional way. We would like to thank everyone in this hotel for making our stay much more enjoyable. We have no hesitation in recommending Taj Mahal Delhi hotel to our friends for their future travel to India.

Room Tip: We stayed at the club floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephenUSA1948
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm regards,

Dhaka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Now this has become my second home. Due to my work, need to visit Delhi frequently and services from the Taj Mahal Hotel makes me booking all my stays there instantly.
Services, professionalism, offerings, and price all are really a worth investment.
I am satisfied and wish them better days for the future.

Room Tip: Amazing for business, high-end family/friends accommodation.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at Taj Man Singh last month when I had come to New Delhi for a work assignment. I can't tell you a better location than this hotel. Set amidst Lutyens Delhi, this hotel is a gem. The room I was given was an upgrade which was highly appreciated overlooking the pool below. The bed was extremely comfortable and relaxing. After the hectic work days I spelt as soon as my head touched my pillow. Next morning I got up all fresh and relaxed. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Chose a room overlooking the poolside
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ms. Gupta,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.