Taj Mahal Hotel
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$278
US$38
US$32
Priceline
2,287 results
All reviewsmansingh roadkhan marketindia gatechinese restaurantclub roomluxurious hotelbusiness tripcoffee shopwonderful hotelduty managerbuffet breakfastbusiness hotelcomfortable stayvarqmachanwasabidelhi
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A real great hotel , opulent,luxurious, and welcoming. I have not tried any others in New Delhi , but on my 2 stays at the Taj i was truly pleased with the opulence and impeccable service. the room was very well appointed, clean , and relaxing, the gym and spa were excellent ..the breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful..the staff were super polite, helpful,and impeccable to say the least.Very please indeed.

Room Tip: choose a pool-view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Taj Mahal. It is beautifully decorated and oozes Indian opulence. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The gym is very large and excellent. The spa was good. The food is sensational! Lots of choice and beautifully presented. The breakfast Tiffin was wonderful. The staff were polite and extremely helpful. It has a great location and good views from the rooms. All in all - well worth a stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Greeting from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Maybe one of the most amazing and unbelieavable hotel I have ever been in my life. The location is in the most quiet and residential area of Dheli, close to consulates and embassies. Big security at the entrance but very discrete and polite. The check in was fast and extremely polite. The room astonishing: beautiful, clean and large, just like the bathroom. The gym and the spa as well excellent level. The wifi connection was not so fast. The restaurant is very good for dinner, but the breakfast buffet is a little bit too focused on indian cousine. In general a extraordinary hotel, with top level service and personnel. A particular mention for the laundry service, fast and very efficient. For sure one of my favourite hotel in the world.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been here first in 2002 perhaps and then for several meetings or to meet friends who were put up there. Guess was back in as a guest after 4+ years. I know Taj Palace is more expensive but in terms of experience is also as mch richer.

Taj Mahal Mansingh Road hotel is fine too for the room rent. Restaurants or minibar or anything else we use will cost manifold. Dinner I had at machaan was so much disappointing because of high price and so small portions. Breakfast was fine though.

Also the concierge was suggesting me a taxi to airport for INR 700 when I know it costs around 500. Then he said hotel cab costs 4131. Very unlike Taj. This has never happened with me at Taj a Palace rather b&y cabs they call charge as per meter which is reasonable and cabs are neat and clean.

When I reached there Ms Nupur took good care and check in was really smooth and fast. So that's really good. MS Nupur also had organized a complimentary coffee and early check in at 9:15am as my meeting there began at 9:30. After travelling for entire night before this was hugely helpful. Thanks friends.

Khan market is close, so those staying here should walk there for better and reasonably priced food and stuff.

Please ask for the room facing pool, better view. I had 429 which faces skyline of Lutyens Delhi but difficult to make out what is what for a tourist I presume.

Warm wishes, b

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

We have taken note of all the shortcomings as mentioned by you and will address them at the earliest.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Taj Mahal Hotel in New Delhi for a week commencing 16th May 2014. It was a business trip. The hotel was beautiful. On arrival, we were greeted by a traditional Indian welcome which was great. The room, on the 6th floor, was perfect. The housekeeping service was excellent and these little extras made my stay enjoyable. We ate in the main buffet restaurant at breakfast and the choice was amazing and the chef would cook to order.
The service in the Emperor Lounge was excellent and the menu for lunch wide ranging and very tasty. I would particularly thank the staff in the lounge when our business activities (not supposed to happen in the lounge) sometimes took up more room than we should. Thank you for your patience.
From the.driver who collected us at the airport to the check out service, this hotel was faultless.
Thank you to all the staff for making working away from home so comfortable.

Room Tip: Pool view recommended.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Regards