“Perfect after a long flight”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #10 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I arrived in Dehli early in the morning and got a taxi to the Hotel. Even though it wasn't checkin time yet because they new I was on the Red eye my room was ready for me when I arrived. The service in the hotel was impeccable. I used to concierge service to book a guide for the afternoon and he was great and showed me all the major sights. In the evening I went to the Spa for a massage - again perfect relaxation after a long haul flight and sightseeing. I fell in to the most comfortable bed and slept till morning.

A perfect but all too brief stay.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for a night, was initially impressed by the beautiful lobby at check in but from there things when down hill. I arrived on a late in the evening only for them to tell me that booking was not on the system. Finding it took at least another 20 min. They subsequently took my passport for copy which took another 20 min. Room is very dated, old and bed was uncomfortable. For the exorbitant room rate (no breakfast) I could have stayed at the Shangri la which is much better, inclusive of breakfast! Service was above average but will definitely not stay again

Room Tip: "Rooms in the Shangri la are vastly better"
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nwk84
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you on your recent visit to our hotel.

May i request you to share your details like full name and stay period to get it further investigated.

My email id tmhgm.del@tajhotels.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were a group of four friends travelling together and had three rooms here for two nights at the beginning of our India holiday and again for one towards the end.
We arrived in the evening after a 12.5 hour flight from Australia and walking into the grand lobby was a calming experience, and we were welcomed warmly by the reception team. On both occasions we had Luxury rooms on the 11th floor overlooking the pool.
Our rooms were nice but not over the top. We used the large pool a couple of times which was very nice and the staff helpful.
Breakfasts were very good with a large selection. We also dined at Varq, their speciality modern Indian Restaurant which was a very good experience.
We were very happy to come back to the hotel as it felt pleasing and comfortable in a good way. We would recommend the Taj Mahal Hotel , Delhi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Greeting from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very nice 8 day stay for business - I felt well looked after and everything was "no hassle" from booking cars, booking flights, room service, lobby service, etc. Extremely attentive staff that seeks to anticipate one's needs - even spontaneously replacing a nearly empty toothpaste tube with a new one of same size and brand. Well recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's called the Taj mahal and it lived up to its name. The staff are very professional and lovely. The service is fantastic in keeping with Taj mahal traditions. I prefer Taj mahal because of the above reasons and the Palace exceeded my expectations. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was comfortable and very well put together. so good we had a wonderful stay ...recommended to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The service really makes this hotel amazing. Stayed for almost a week - son and I had two rooms on the Taj Club floor. We expected service to be good but were prepared for rooms to be dated - maybe this was the Club Floor but our rooms were very much in great shape and what I would expect for a 5 star hotel. TV was LCD Flat Screen. Service far exceeded what we expected.

The location is nice and central (close to Khan Market, Lodhi Gardens, Raj Path) but with the heat in June, walking (which would normally be fine) was not really an option. The few times we walked, heat was an issue and Tuk-Tuk drivers worked us hard. After the first couple of days we used the hotel's cars to get around. Hotel also arranged sightseeing trips (two) which turned out really well. Water provided in rooms was really welcome.

During our stay we ate breakfast in the Club lounge - selection was good and varied each day. Our favorite restaurant ended up being Machan. The luch buffet was excellent and changed each day - really good Indian food in a casual setting.

Staff really went above and beyond - they would anticipate what we needed and very quickly remembered us. Butlers in Club knew what wine I was drinking and would make additional suggestions. Club reception desk followed up from simple conversations with suggested itineraries (example - I mentioned cricket jerseys and they returned later with a suggested store). We had five different drivers during our stay and all were both nice and able to get us safely where we needed.

Only thing to watch for seems attributable to the Taj reservation system. Despite entering in flight arrival information online, we did need to follow up with that info as hotel did not seem to have. This was minor overall, though. I would return to Delhi just to stay at the Taj again.

Room Tip: View from pool side is nicer but the city side room had a larger bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

We have taken note of all the shortcomings as mentioned by you and will address them at the earliest.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

It´s a extremly nice hotel. Very attencious employees. Very clean. The rooms are impecable.
Food is very nice as well. There´s a store at the main floor that has a lot a very nice stuff. I bought some jewlery there with goo price and with garantee .
We arrived on my birth day and i had a very nice reception, flowers and a surprise cake. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Ma'am,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Warm Regards,