“Great First Impression of India”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #9 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Austin, Texas
“Great First Impression of India”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was very welcoming. Our group arrived quite early in the morning and the hotel had our rooms waiting for us. Our room was very comfortable with a king-size bed, tea kettle & coffee maker, large bathroom. The lobby area is quite nice to sit and enjoy a conversation with friends. The view of the grounds was very nice. We enjoyed the meals in Machan - 24 hour cafe. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We hired a tuk-tuk for the day to go around and do some sightseeing and some shopping. They were lo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ma'am,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Warm regards

Satyajeet Krishnan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Noida, India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went to Taj Hotel this week-end to meet my friend visiting India. Fantastic as always for as long as i have been going to this property for nearly 15 years now. Spendid food at Machaan. Great Hospitality. Keep it up !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nilima2014
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Ma'am,

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards

London
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many 5* hotels but this, along with the Shangri-La in Bangkok has got to be up there with one of the best I have experienced. Imagine everything you would expect from a 5* establishment and it will be met when you stay here! Definitely would stay again when in Dehli!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank keshavgupta
Dear Mr. Gupta,

Greeting from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

Warm regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed here before but only on business. This time was for a holiday . I love this holiday and it is just amazing. Service from the staff, facilities, bars, location etc.
I cannot fault it and I love it every time I come back here.
I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir,

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Taj Mahal Hotel is arguably the best located hotel in Delhi. Others are closer to Connaught Place but getting there from the this hotel is not a pain and you drive through a bit of Lutyens' Delhi and also pass between India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhavan, which is always a treat. It's also closer to the Khan Market and Maharchand Market shops which are more rewarding than Connaught Place has been for years.

The building is a little old and the decor, while well maintained, looks quite dated, specially in the rooms. The Service is excellent, bettered only by some Oberoi Group hotels. On the whole the positives outweigh the negatives. Don't miss eating at Varq restaurant. If you are a member of Leading Hotels of the World, book a standard 'deluxe' room through LHW for an automatic upgrade to the club rooms (most of the time).

Room Tip: If you are a member of Leading Hotels of the World, book a standard 'deluxe' room through LH...
Dear Sir,

We thank you for sharing your positive feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We have noted your comments which you felt were not upto the mark. Though we are in the process of refurbishing our rooms in a phased manner, I would certainly share it with our corporate team.

We value your patronage and look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel was the last stop in a business trip to India. From the very beginning the hotel staff were friendly and professional from bellhop to the general manager (who was in lobby and greeted me and other guests- good to know the the top brass get to see operations). The room was beautifully furnished and had the best slippers and dressing gown I have ever had in a hotel, anywhere! Good business centre for meetings and getting work done. Poor reception for your own internet dongle and phone otherwise an excellent stay.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you while using the Internet at the hotel. We have taken note of all the shortcomings as mentioned by you and will address them at the earliest.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Regards

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed four days in business. I had great expectations, as I had stayed at a Taj Mahal property in Mumbai some years back and I remember it as one of the most exotic and exquisite hotel stays of my life. The Delhi Taj is built in 1978 and while the entrance hall and the gardens clearly were built to impress, the rooms and public spaces are in need of an urgent refresh. The carpets are worn, everything feels creaky, and the hotel room equipment is clearly from a different decade.

Having said that, the room and the bathroom was functional and I had no real complaints about my stay as such. The room was fairly large and with enough room for my morning yoga practice in front of the window overlooking the garden and the pool, which was not only nice but very location-appropriate! The wireless Internet worked well.

I used the gym a couple of times and it is medium-sized and a bit cramped, but had good modern equipment. The Internet in the gym was not fast enough to stream music from Amazon without interruptions.

The breakfast room has a gorgeous, jungle-like view over a park, and you could imagine yourself somewhere in a Jungle Book story. Unfortunately, the breakfast is of fairly poor quality and the selection is not wide. The staff manning the omelette station managed to lose my order both times (how do you do that?) and had to re-make my omelette, with nearly inedible results.

The staff is friendly and try to be helpful. The check-in and check-out processes are not super speedy, but avoid the worst excesses of Indian bureaucracy. I used the laundry service once, and it was on time and my laundry was impeccably washed, ironed, and folded.

Dear Sir,

We have noted your comments which you felt were not upto the mark and regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,