“You cannot ask for more!”
Review of Taj Mahal Hotel

Taj Mahal Hotel
Ranked #11 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 20 June 2010

The best of best!! It is the most wondeful hotel in entire India I should say. Everything is perfect about this hotel. The staffs are wonderful and always helping. They have a smiling face all the time. The hotel interior is like paradise. from outside esp at night time, it is a lovely scene and you would always think of getting back to the hotel at the earliest to have a relaxed pleasant time. I have no words to say and please do visit this hotel at any cost.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)

Reviewed 20 June 2010

The looks of the hotel is quite grand looking. Very big foyer with many restaurant options.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I travel frequently into Delhi and the only place i prefer to stay is the Taj Mahal. The service offered are par excellence. The food is amazing and the facilities top notch.

I have never seen them say no for a request. The staff go out of their way to ensure you are happy with their services.

It is the BEST property to stay at when in the heart of India Delhi.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2010

14 June, 2010

Upon arrival at the Taj Mahal Hotel (Mansingh Road, New Delhi) we were greeted by a graceful young lady wearing a traditional sari, who addressed us by our proper names, took us directly to our suite, gave us our keys and details of everything required. There was no hassle to 'check-in' like you would at a normal hotel counter, which we truly appreciated after taking 2 days to get there, travelling for about 18 hours. The staff wore saris and suits, every individual was properly attired at all times. There was always someone to assist in every capacity.

The building, from the outside, you would never think was so beautiful on the inside (kind of like a person-different appearance on the outside but genuine on the inside). The interior decor of the hotel and the suites were quite impressionable, moreso, if you appreciate true beauty and history. Our suite was always kept clean, very spacious, our mini bar was always stocked, our fruits replaced daily, our flowers replaced daily, even our clothes were neatly folded when we made a mess. You also must try the laundry services - their white is totally white and that's just the 'tip of the iceberg.'

I have not done many reviews and rarely do I use certain words, but today I must say that of all the countries I've visited in my lifetime, if you stay at the Taj Mahal Hotel (the one on #1 Mansingh Road), I GUARANTEE (this being one word I seldom use) that you would learn what the word 'SERVICE' really means and what it should be. The staff including the elevator operators, concierge, restaurants, help desk, cashier, pool staff, spa staff, valet, business centre/lounge, butler service - EVERYBODY was so pleasant, respectable and at all times, extremely helpful. They would do everything in their power to assist in whatever your needs may be, right down to getting money put on your pre-paid mobile (no joke). The service is exemplary and extraordinary and I felt so comfortable, safe and 'at home' so much so, that I can call the Taj Mahal Hotel in India 'my home away from home.' After all, my forefathers came from India. At no time, did I ever have to wait long for anything.

The humility, generosity and respect these staff members displayed was so comforting, humbling and distinguished. I only wish hotel owners and people all over the world, could take the examples of these wonderful and talented people and learn about what service and etiquette really means and should be. Even in my own country, I wish people could be this way.

I don't think it's because that's what they are trained to do or because you are paying for this commodity or that it's in their job description: because it's impossible for so many people in one place to be so good-natured and kind. I became particularly fond of the staff at the concierge (day shift) and the staff at the restaurants, especially Machan restaurant. There are 5 or 6 restaurants if I remember correctly. You would experience indian and international cuisine at its best. The swimming pool is quite large, the spa has so many services including hairdressers which you don't find all over the world with most hotels. You think it - they do it at the Taj Mahal Hotel in New Delhi.

On a lighter note, the "TAJ MAHAL" itself is a magnanimous, incredible, mind-boggling, mind-blowing, more than a wonder.... It's a gem of a monument, built by various gifted people and built because of genuine love. You could feel its presence (love that is lol).

The Taj Mahal hotel is always busy with movement. In Delhi I did not experience too much of the culture of India though. I think if you are going to India for a holiday, you also have to visit other parts of India as well, because each state is totally different, lifestyles for example in Delhi and Agra are quite different. It depends on you the individual, what type of person you are, and what are your likes and dislikes. My only recommendation is that they should introduce more cultural live entertainment (nothing elaborate) as opposed to catering for the needs of only the Americans and Europeans. Having heard the same woman sing the same english songs every other day and week got quite boring. India should promote indian culture but as with everything else internationally, everything is now modernised and westernised and soon generations to come would forget and not be aware of their own heritage and culture.

My husband and I were truly blessed by God to have had the privilege, the honour and the opportunity to stay at the "Taj" especially since I was so worried about being away from my home on my 40th birthday. The staff made me feel so special, so appreciated and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, without hesitation. Out of curiosity, I really want to try the other Taj Mahal chain of hotels around the world and compare notes but I don't know what the future holds. I recommend you spend the money: the rates were quite reasonable to me, the quality service was at all times dynamic and immediate, the food was juicy, luscious, delicious and never boring and above all, the friendly staff, I adored, 'fell in love with' and deeply appreciated. I hope to see them soon. Nothing was lacking and I miss them already. "Hats off to the Management and Staff of the Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi, India.

NADEIRA Y. KHAN
29 MAY - 11 JUNE 2010
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, WEST INDIES

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadeira K
TMDNewDelhi, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2010

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!!

Thank you for having taken out time to post your detailed feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. I have shared your positive sentiments with my entire team at the hotel especially Concierge and Machan team.

We all at the hotel looks forward to welcoming you back with us.

Best regards,

Nayan Seth
Resident Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2010

Quick Service,Comfortable room,Good location,Best is service and Least nothing,Good and variety of foods

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I love this hotel. Not that it is updated and modern but that the service is simply outstanding. The staff bendover backwards for you and ensures that you have everything you need, especially the concierge and Club Floor staffers.

The food at the Chinese or Asian restaurant is quite good as well.

I did spend quite a bit of time in the Club lounge and I have to recommend booking the club floor the next time you stay there as they do take care of you. Especially if you have meetings and invite someone for cocktails in the evening.

I will always try to stay there when in Delhi.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2010

centrally located, in close proximity to key areas. It is a 40-minute drive from the airport and near the bustling city center, Connaught Place, Pragati Maidan, Government offices and Diplomatic missions.

there is an auditorium, 6 meeting rooms and a lot of business facilities