“Good hotel with excellent and courteous staff.”
Review of The Park New Delhi

The Park New Delhi
Ranked #63 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I don't agree with the bad comments at all I think this hotel is a great hotel and takes extra care of all the customer. We are delighted with the housekeeping services they know there job pretty well. Though the rooms are small but designed well for travellers and it is just opposite to jantar mantar, will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm pleased to learn that your time with us was in line with your expectations and that our Housekeeping team's extra efforts made a difference.Thank you for your patronage and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 4 July 2012

My trip to delhi was awesome specially because of the stay in the most wonderful hotel of the city, The Park. The hotel has a easy reach to the markets and the major travelling points.The stay became more pleasant because of warm homely environment and friendly nature of the house keeping department and yummy food.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments . I'm pleased to learn that your time with us was impacted by the personalized attention of our team members. I look forward to welcome you back to The Park New Delhi.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

The best thing about the Park is the fact that its centrally located. The hotel is a great option for a business traveler, my stay at the hotel was rather pleasant, food was great, the rooms are spacious enough to move around.The house keeping and staff is supportive, pools are great to hang out. Though the check-in, check out service was slightly slow.
Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our guest rooms, amenities, award winning Food and Beverage outlets, and our team members. I'm pleased to learn that your time with us was impacted by the personalized attention of our team members. It is wonderful to hear from our valued guests and appreciate your patronage. I look forward to welcome you back to The Park New Delhi.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Not sure why would one pay money to a hotel where the shower curtains are dirty and with mildew.
We checked in at the night and it took good 45 mins as the place was crowed. There was utter chaos at the front desk. The room also was not very clean. When we opened the curtains we could see dust falling down. Under the bed as a different story.. it had papers and a used condom. Had to get the room changed right away.

The restaurant is another rip off. The food is low average. Place to avoid.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.
I have reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue you reported. Your comments will be shared with our team as part of their ongoing commitment to training and development. In addition, we are re-evaluating our quality assurance processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future. Our long distance telephone charges are in line with what other city 5 star hotels are charging. I would like to reassure you that this is not typical of our hotel experience and I wish to express our apologies on behalf of the entire team for your disappointment. I do hope that this isolated experience will not prevent you from visiting us again so that we may reinstate the hotel back to your good favour and demonstrate the exceptional facilities and best in class service The Park New Delhi is known for.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2012

The hotel is located bang at Cannaut Circle and hence is at a prime location. I was there for my business visit and stayed there on 2 ocassions. the other good things are the rooms which are not simple boxes but also has some space to move around. What i would not consider as a very attractive aspect of the hotel is the interiors. The colour is too gaudy for my taste. The other not so good is the breakfast. THe variety is for the sake and not everything is likable and some of it was even not edible. But overall a good place to stay if one needs to be in the centre ofthe city but of course there are better options at the same price if one can avoid being at cannaut place.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are designed similarly and are peaceful. If you are a non smoker be very particula...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and for your valuable feedback. Your kind comments regarding the hotel’s location, guest rooms. and food are highly appreciated . The hotel is situated in the heart of the city's buzzing business and entertainment hub - Connaught Place. It overlooks the historic 18th century observatory - Jantar Mantar and provides ideal accessibility to all the major attractions of the city.

I regret that we could not offer you a desired breakfast experience- We have shared your feedback with the team and every possible measure will be taken to ensure that the issues highlighted in your feedback are investigated and effectively addressed.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed for 2 days in this hotel. Check in was like 20-25 minutes and then lift had more than 80 people waiting to go up. No Management. Hotel is very near to Janpath, the flee market and even its lobby is filled up like Janpath. Food was good. No privacy. House Keeping and Laundry always knocking the door to ensure that you are disturbed. The location is very good but they just need to maintain it as Five Star property. Food is again good as most of the The Park.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and your valuable feedback. I am distressed to know that you were not satisfied with the check-in process. Your feedback has been shared with the team as a part of our ongoing commitment towards training and development. I regret that you were not completely satisfied with your stay experience with us. I would like to reassure you that the every possible measure will be taken to ensure that the issues highlighted in your feedback are investigated and effectively addressed. We remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service, which is best in class. I look forward to meet you in person and welcome you back at The Park New Delhi.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed 5 nights at The Park New Delhi recently. As a business traveler I have grown accustomed to a certain level of service and attention to detail when staying in 4/5 star hotels.

The pro's about The Park New Delhi:
- close proximity to Connaught Place
- Breakfast buffet works
- Sun-beds at pool are old and highly uncomfortable. Reminds me of a bed from 1850's I once slept in.
- Food in general is really good - in fact probably what is best about this hotel
- The service at the bar is great, but slow by the pool
- Spa/hairdresser very service-minded as well

The con's:
- internet facilities are too unstable
- beware of dry-cleaning. I have a strong feeling that the suits and blazers I sent for dry-cleaning were in fact simply pressed - and badly at that. On top of that the laundry and dry-cleaning prices are completely over the top
- if you want cappucino, cafe latte or similar, don't expect to get anything you'll be happy about here
- I ordered a car & driver to pick me up at the airport. No driver came and after waiting for an hour in the middle of the night, I had to get a taxi. Now, mistakes happen every where. But I never got an apology from anyone in the hotel.

There were other incidents that brings down the total experience of the Park Hotel (newspaper not delivered, cable TV went on strike etc.), and never once did anyone apologize.

Finally, when traveling in India, do beware that most prices are listed as net prices, which mean you'll have to add sales tax, service tax and what not.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor. That was ok apart from a lot of noise from - I think - the elevators clos...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank michaelleander

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to learn that your time with us was below the expectation that you have come to expect from The Park New Delhi- Certainly, this is not typical of the high level of service and accommodations for which our hotel is well known and we wish to extend our most sincere apologies for your discomfort and inconvenience. We have noted your concerns and have shared them with the team. We appreciate your bringing them to our attention. I do hope that this unusual experience does not preclude you from choosing to stay with us in future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Park New Delhi