“child friendly hotel -the park.”
Review of The Park New Delhi

The Park New Delhi
Ranked #52 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Trivolzio, Italy
“child friendly hotel -the park.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Travelling with my kids and it was so much fun! From the spacious rooms, friendly staff, very good food and of course, lots of interesting offers from the hotel for its guests. Something i have never seen any where else is a little card that says JOYs. Truly joyous experience. There's so much to do with kids. Cooking with the Chef, chill out in the pool. Watch movies at their private lounge. It was very much like being at home. Very nice.

I did check out the spa. It was great! The Gym was well equipped. Yoga on the terrace. I hv stayed in many places but this was different. I'm happy with its services.

Will recommend this to my team and friends. Especially when you are trying to balance work, a wedding and babysitting!

See you soon guys. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Stay on the club floors for a little more but lots of privileges.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear sandrew174, Wow! Your glowing review is very encouraging. Thank you so much and the team at The Park is very delighted. Looking forward to having you at The Park soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at The Park three separate times over a 10-day period for a total of 5 nights (3, 1 and 1) while we toured Delhi, then to Agra and Jaipur, back to Delhi, then to Haridwar and Rishikesh and back to Delhi. By the time we arrive for the 3rd stay, everyone in the place knew us and greeted us like we were old friends - even the security guards in the driveway when our taxi drove in. We made friends with one of the waiters and he took great care of us if he was working while we were eating (breakfasts, mostly). But all of the staff was charming and friendly.

The decor is classic mid-century modern - and I mean classic.

The room was very comfortable with a huge tub and/or shower and good water pressure. Good cable TV choices (at least several English-speaking channels). Everything was clean and when we needed anything the service was prompt. Checking in and out was efficient and painless.

The Location is excellent, just a couple of blocks from the hubbub of Connaught Place with all its shops and restaurants. And the Central Cottage Industries Emporium (a must-shop place for Indian arts and crafts) is just a couple of blocks the other direction. We had a car and driver for our tour of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, so didn't really have to deal with getting around Delhi much, other than in the evenings for dinner, and usually wound up in Connaught Place at Q'Ba (see my separate review - a great restaurant and bar). Walking in the neighborhood seemed safe and secure, but we were two male friends traveling together so not sure for a single woman - although you can get a tuk-tuk right in front of the hotel and go anywhere cheaply.

Only gripe was having to pay for in-room wi-fi, but that seems to be the rule for better hotels. It worked well.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers - and I would absolutely stay there again if I return to Delhi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JamesWhite, we thank you for your generous appraisal of our hotel services on this forum. We are happy to know that our location added value to your experience. We are also glad to know that we could add to your experience with comfortable yet well-accommodated rooms. We hope to see you soon at The Park New Delhi
Sydney
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at The Park 1 night only before touring Rajasthan. Make sure you get a room facing the main road.
Even then the floor of our room was like a small roller coaster. Warped floorboards like Ive never seen anywhere.
The bathroom is central in the room and has no window. No sink plug. The restaurant was spacious but the coffee terrible and service slow. Food was ok. The reception staff seemed to have a very difficult time understanding 1 room my single mother, 1 room for myself and my husband. No matter how hard we tried we ended up with a bill for all 3 of us. Very difficult to then sit there and dissect room service, drinks etc.
It is a good location but the standard of the service and the room was certainly not 4 star.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Antoro, thank you for taking out the time and giving us your valuable feedback. It’s unfortunate for us that our services did not meet your expectations. We have discussed this at length with my team for corrective action. Please accept our apologies for this unsatisfactory experience during your recent stay.
Kanpur
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I personally felt during my recent stay at The Park that its location was the best part. Bang on Connaught Place made it so convenient. You didn't have to drive long distances to reach anywhere, which is such a huge relief if you know how bad the traffic conditions in Delhi are.

A lovely and amazingly expanded Breakfast spread was probably the cherry on top.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a pool-side view room at the time of checking in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Kalpnesh, thank you for your feedback. We are ecstatic to read your feedback. Situated at the heart of New Delhi’s business and entertainment district, it provides easy access to many historic monuments and markets while meeting all needs of a modern day traveller. We are delighted that the overall experience met your expectations. Thank you once again for your kind words.
Jharsuguda, India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed with family and the attitude and hospitality of The Park team sets them apart from the rest. They are the best. Quick check in, amazing room with great view of the Jantar Mantar, delectable food choices and a pampering spa. Refreshing swim at the pool. Great team keep it up The Park Way.

I have to highlight this thoughtful gesture to all who read this review. My daughter was feeling unwell and when we told front office. They immediately got into action. Doctor on call. Medical assistance. It was just the heat! But the immediate concern and help shows a lot about how they value their customers.

Security checks with security guards on the floors was another measure of their safety precautions.

Its value for money and very personalised. We LOVE THE PARK NEW DELHI and will recommend this to one and all! You have made us your friends forever.

Room Tip: Stay at The Park only!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear craft914, your review has indeed been a delight to read. We are so happy that you had a great experience during your stay at The Park and great to know that our team have been instrumental in making your stay even more satisfactory. Thank you for appreciating our various offerings. We hope that you will return soon as we would love to have you back with us again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed for 1 night before our Shimla Tour and 2 nights upon return. Rooms are clean & comfortable - ensure that you a room facing the main road. Bathroom basins are designed for 6'6" and above! Maintenance is negligible - 1. Unable to switch from ceiling to wall shower. 2. Plugs/chargers had to be propped up to get anything working - see photo.

Breakfast layout is excellent, catering for all. Was put off by the manners of some South Indians (eating with their hand whilst serving), which is not hotel's fault.

My biggest bug. When I checked in for 1 night I was asked to pay Rs2000/- deposit, which did and it back when I checked out. When I returned from the trip with my travel companion we checked in for 2 nights in 2 single rooms. We were asked to pay a deposit of Rs 8000/-. Although the hotel was booked a travel agent, they still wanted Rs2000/- per room per night!
OK, I will pay it by my Indian Debit Card, but I wanted the deposit to be credited back into my account. Oh no, we will give you cash back. I tried to explain to the receptionist that by Indian Law it is illegal to take out more than Rs7000/-. But she was was still insisting that we pay the Rs8000/-. Then she wanted to swipe my credit card, NO BLOODY WAY! I never use my Sterling cards in any other country. In the end the reception manager intervened and we allowed to complete the check in without deposit.

I have travelled extensively in my life, I have NEVER been asked to pay a deposit at a hotel. Secondly, when we checked out, the usual question anything from the mini bar, the answer is always no. But this time the reception actually send someone to stock take the mini bar. How mean!

I WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN AT THIS HOTEL BECAUSE OF ABOVE NEGATIVE ISSUES.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room facing the main road and more importantly ensure that you have enough...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely hotel. Very clean and comfortable for American travelers. Staff aimed to please - we were welcomed warmly when we arrived. We enjoyed the breakfast - lots of choice/excellent quality - both Indian and American foods.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear victjo6, we are glad to read your review. We are excited to note that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations every step of the way. Your appreciation about the food have been shared with our team of chefs, who were delighted to hear your review.  We do hope you will connect with us on our facebook page for all exciting updates. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Park New Delhi.