“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #53 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Pune, India
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Really a nice hotel. The location was also very good , it suited me perfectly. Delhi traffic can be painful and for me work was a 15 minute drive so was good. Decent rooms, compact in size but modern. Food was good in the restaurant but very pricey. The hotel is quite old it seems , but was busy, also guess it was peak season so bound to be busy

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear RG 2210, The Park is centrally located and so a favourite of many coupled with the good business season, we are runing high occupancy. Thank you for your kind words and we ish to have you with us soon. Have a great week ahead.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (683)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 June 2014

NIce place to stay in the prime location of connaught place. Ambiance at the reception was not that great however rooms were clean and maintained their the park class. Staff were helpful and the rooms had enough eelectronic items required.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cfil, We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. With regard to the feedback, we have addressed the concerned department. Thank you for sharing your valuable comments.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is a perfect business hotel but not to the park standards we had an upgrade of the rooms, the rooms are spacious however the shower area is very conjusted. location is excellent near to Cp AND OTHER GOVERNMENT OFFICE. Break fast spread is huge but a little more Indian items would be better

Room Tip: Take the higher floors they are better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Arjunarao, we provide exuberant services and ensure to keep the guests completely satisfied throughout their stay. We are glad your stay with us was satisfactory. Thank you for choosing The Park New Delhi.
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The main advantage of this hotel is "Centrally Located" . I stayed here on a business trip during April 2014.
The gym is very very compact and tight. The rooms are average in size.
The front desk are always busy, and take a long time for the check in. I however found the front desk staff to be not good, and not efficient at all.
The Room Guests get free admission to Agni, the night club. There is no cover charge or entry charge for room guests, this is good, and I enjoyed my visit to Agni on both the nights of my stay.
However, there is an additional level of security in front of the elevators, this I found it odd. There are two security guards and a lady security in front of the elevators all day and all night.
I personally found the toilet to be cramped and room crowded. I did not enjoy the decor of the lobby also.
However, to be fair, the service was great both in the breakfast, at the coffee shop and in the Indian restaurant, right wing of ground floor. They also have a good pool side bar called Aqua.
If you compare it with Radission Blu, I find my stay in Radission to be better than here.
When I asked for a carry bag for the packed morning breakfast which I had ordered, the staff checking me out was rude, and said they have no provision to give a carry bag. Bad attitude towards the guest.....

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. If you are lucky and if the front office staff like you, which did not happ...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ravishankar18, Your feedback is valuable to us. We are a design led collection of hotels. However, I would like to inform you that we are renovating our spaces in a phased manner. Your experience with our team has been looked into particularly and we assure you that neither you or another guest will face such inconvenience again. We appreciate you taking time out to share this with us.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed with family on 16th,17th and 19th May 2014. On the first two days, I was given a room in second floor near the staircase. The room was too small for a family of 3. Furnishings are old and the bath is next to the Bed separated by a glass sliding door which is awkward. Also during the night when we were asleep, we were woken up by thundering beating. When we enquired, came to know that the sound is originating from the Disco int he ground floor. The room /floor is not sound proof and you just cannot sleep in it. when we complained, the nice manager obliged to change our room and we had spent the night in a room in the higher floors which was peaceful.

The room needs refurbishment - from floor to furniture to bath fitting all are old and withering.

Coming to the nice things ... its right in CP and very good in terms of accessibility.
Very nice smiling front office and room service staff - highly helpful.

The breakfast has lots of variety and tastes good. But the boys over there need to be taught of hospitality and courtesy.

Since I had spent most of my time outside the hotel it was fine.

Had high expectations on "The Park" brand but was not up to the mark.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the higher floors and have a look at the rooms before accepting.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kannan K
Dear Kannan K, The Park New Delhi is undergoing refurbishment and renovation in a phased manner and we hope you would enjoy your stay with us on your next visit. Thank you so much for appreciating our team members and the food on this forum. Our location is by far the best in Central Delhi.
Delhi
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Wonderful hotel. I had an excellent stay.. friendly staff. good food! I want to give my special thanks to mr. Aatish Raman as he was able to give me a room at such a short notice..
beautiful room and huge shower..

excellent breakfast and dinner, lots to choose from.
Asian as well as western food! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.
Thanks for making my stay a memorable one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ashadebi S, it is a pleasure to read your review. It makes us happy to know that we could deliver as per your expectations. We also thank you for your special appreciation of our associate. At The Park New Delhi guests can feel at home in our luxurious rooms, rejuvenate with our various recreational amenities and treat their palate to our delicious offerings at our dining outlets. It was a delight having you with us.
India
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Park has definately seen better days. We were there from the 21st - 25th May and had I not been part of a group, I would have opted for better.
We had requested for 2 rooms with an adjoining door and unfortunately the only rooms available were on a smoking floor. The passage leading to the rooms reeked of cigarette smell and along with the frayed wallpaper and carpet did not create a good first impression.
The rooms were small, and I was glad that I had taken an extra room. Fitting an additional bed would have left very little room to manoeuvre. The furniture looked ancient and worn.
The bathroom consisted of a table on which a washbasin had been fitted with seperate connections for hot and cold water - no mixer !! The mirror with its bordering tube light fitting looked like it had been bought second-hand from some theatre green room.
Climbing into the bath tub was a task in itself. The guide rails had become loose and been removed a long time ago and all that remained were some rusted holes in its place. Obviously the hotel was not too concerned about anyone slipping while climbing in and out of the tub, and no anti-skid matting was provided.
One afternoon I was woken up by renovation noise coming from above. I called up the front desk to complain and they said they would have the work stopped. Unfortunately though the noise did reduce, the work continued. If a hotel is undergoing renovation, it would be nice if they did inform prospective guests via their site or travel agents, so that we are aware.
The pool at the hotel is really small, due to lack of space and not worth using. The health club however, was adequately equipped and good to use.
The hotel is well located, walking distance from Cannaught Place, which is probably their USP.
Having said all this I must add that the staff were friendly and did their best to help and the breakfast buffet was a great way to start the morning.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, do not consider a room on a smoking floor, even though the staff would have...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AJ310B
Dear arun310B, At the outset, let me thank you for all lovely things you shared with us on our location, food & the team. But we are very sad that your stay with us was not a pleasant one. We have taken corrective action and will do our level best to ensure that such issues are never repeated. Thank you very much for taking time out to share this feedback with us.