The Park New Delhi
US$215
US$126
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
US$215
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$278
US$207
Agoda.com
US$39
US$34
Agoda.com
3,287 results
All reviewsjantar mantarconnaught placepriyanka tyagipool sideexcellent locationthe heart of the citycentral locationbusiness tripbreakfast spreadbusiness hotelhouse keepingcoffee shopcourteous stafffront officecomfortable staymetro stationagni
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel seems to be growing old and this apparent in every nook and crevice, by the quality of service offered and the leisurely pace of response to requests! The wooden floor of the room needs Polish, the bathroom fittings are inconvenient and needs some shine and wonder of wonders, the door lock malfunctioned on two occasions leaving me with no other option but to call for help.

Earlier in the day, while checking in at around noon time, I was told my room is not ready even though I had a prior booking, done many days earlier. Since I had to leave for some work I left it at that with the lady at the counter assuring me that my room would be ready be when I got back. To my surprise I was still left waiting to get the keys after my return about 2 hours later. The new person at the reception who had replaced those in the earlier shift seemed clueless about my room allocation though he gathered his wits around quickly and had to put in a bit of extra effort to help me get a room allocated and my luggage shifted.

The room service too is delayed, as if it takes some time for it to register just as if it's the case with the elderly.

The two good things about the hotel though are its food quality and it's location. For me, it's primarily the location that would probably make me keep going back-one would hardly get some place to stay in the heart of the city at the price offered!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear gdutta, Our location and our food have been a favourite of many. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on the maintenance, room service and check-in process. The concerned departments have been addressed. However, the hotel is undergoing renovation in a phased manner. We value the time you have taken out to share this with us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Being a world educated and travelled international lawyer and public speaker and having stayed at the best five star properties all over the world I have enjoyed staying at The Park, Delhi because it meets my standards. Most hotels aim to be either professional or family oriented and Park has managed to be both, successfuly. I have stayed here on more than 5-6 occasions and I am astounded that they remember my previously stated preferences. Staff are very warm and professional and go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms, food, location and amenities and welcome are all very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear muktawankhede, Your review on TripAdvisor is very motivating. Thank you so much for your kind feedback. The Team at The Park share their excitement and a big thank you.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my first stay at a 'The Park' property, and I was left expecting much more. Maybe I expected too much from an innovative and 'design hotels of the world' member.

I'm not sure how old this property is, but the upkeep is very average. While the lobby is decent, it's no match to the other property I have visited, in Chennai.

The corridors of the guest floors have carpets that need urgent replacement/laundry. The 'Earth' theme on the floor I stayed was rather loud, with 'Bhoo' and 'Bhoomi' written in Devnagri all over. The room was clean and spacious, but the Earth themed interiors were overdone in my view. The light brown laminates gave a worn out feel to the interiors as well.

The innovation in terms of the uncomfortable couch, the odd-shaped container for the Tea Maker, and the number of gadgets on the table, did not impress me. The comfortable bed, and the spacious washroom with its rain shower and the biggest bathtub I've seen yet, did impress me though.

The age/vintage of the property was telling on the washroom linen, with the most worn out towels I've used at any decent property. In my opinion, the crisp whiteness of washroom linen speaks a lot about the overall management of any property.

The food I ordered was very good, one of the few positives. The table, however, was cleared after almost 2 hours, while I had requested clearance after 30 minutes.

With an excellent location and a reputation of innovation to protect, I hope the management would look at giving a better treatment to its property in Delhi.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with fresh bed and washroom linen. You can't help the worn out carpets in the corridor anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Piush_Jha, Your comments are valuable to us. It is good to read that you enjoyed our food and the washrooms impressed you. We have details of your experience with those concerned. A fresh bed & linen are essential for a heavenly stay. We assure that your future stay with us will be comfortable and refreshing. Allow us another opportunity to serve you better. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed there for family break in June 2013 for couple of days though room is fine and the view was also fine from the view but the hotel and its other facilities needs to be much better. The service time is also little too much. I would not say its a bad property but the value for money is not there.

Room Tip: You can always choose a room facing jantar mantar.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Inderbir S, We have discussed your feedback internally and we are looking into various aspects. We feel bad that you didn't see what we really stand for but we thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do the best we can to pep up our service standards. Wishing you a wonderful week.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel has the advantage of a superb location right in Cannaught Place in Delhi! I liked the generic look of the hotel and the breakfast is superb. I judged this by cut mangoes being served amongst the fruits which is a rarity.
The ambience is okay and the rooms are very average. The service is very slow and I once got a bill even without an envelope.
There are definitely bettr hotels around but this one is great if a good location is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: get a room closer to the elevator. Does not make too much of a difference actually.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sanjeev2210, Mango Tales was a very delicious food promotion we had at the hotel. Glad you enjoyed the cut mangoes but wihs you'd tried out the other specialties. The hotel is being refreshed and floors renovated. Allow us a little time to present a fresher look. Your feedback on the service has been taken up seriously. Thank you for your feedback.