“good”
Review of The Park New Delhi

The Park New Delhi
Ranked #63 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 July 2010

the room was not soo clean but for me it was ok. the location was good.the food was good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Rohit A, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear hamed_280ir, , Your review makes us so happy. Thank you for the encouragement. Greatly appreciate the same. Regards.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

I was staying at the Park Hotel in New Delhi between the 15th and 18th of July and was less than please with the service provided at the hotel:

I made a reservation for a 2 night stay at the Park Hotel in Delhi on 10-06 for the dates 16-07 until 18-07. This was not an issue.
A week prior to my scheduled stay I wanted to change my reservation to check in one night earlier than initially planned (checking in on the 15th). I sent no less than 3 e-mails to the reservations office asking for assistance with this - I did not receive a single item of response. I can understand that the hotel have a policy where your clients are expected to update these requests themselves on your website - but if the client in question do not have their booking reference available there must be some other way to assist with this alternatively provide the customer with the booking reference in order for them to proceed with the amendments online? Either way, surely it can not be Park Hotel's policy to have their customer service team ignore customer e-mails completely - although that very much is the case.
My next step in attempting to change the dates of my stay at the Park Hotel was by calling the customer service line as per the website. First call resulted in the person in your customer service team actually hanging up on me while I was querying about my booking amendment. After that, the next person I spoke to promised to look up my details as she could not find my reservation, and then give me a call back before the end of that day. 2 days later no one had phoned me up. I called once more, this time I was transferred to a total of 4 other teams with no information whatsoever on where I was being transferred. At the end of this call I was promised another call back from the person at Park Hotels. This call back did not happen either. (Please note that all of these calls were made from Nepal and charged at a high rate)
After a very expensive long distance phone call to my London address I did manage to retrieve my booking reference and amend my booking myself, with no help from Park Hotels. The amendment was made and confirmed on their website on 12th June, for Check In at the Park Hotel Delhi on 15th July.

Once arriving at the hotel I would have expected all to be sorted and the check in process to be smooth and relatively painless. But at arrival I am told that there is no reservation under my name until the 16th July, this in spite of me providing both my booking reference and full ID. Rather than trying to sort this mistake out in the reception, I was to go to theire internet service facilities, print the confirmation myself and prove that they had in fact missed my booking. And as expected, I log into my account, the booking clearly states not only that I am due to check in on 15th July, but also that my card will be charged if I fail to show up on the 15th.
Not only do I have to do this myself, I am also charged 1000 rupees for using the internet and printing a confirmation - which is virtually the Park Hotel charging me for them not being able to register bookings correctly.
Surely, 3 days between the amendment of a booking and the actual check in date should be enough for the registration to appear in the booking systems? Also, I would expect that a proof of ID and a booking reference should be enough info for checking into the hotel? And finally, I do not consider it acceptable that after Park Hotel have made a major mistake with my booking, I'm being charged 1000 rps for this mistake?
I did insist of this charge to be removed from my account, firstly with the person I believe to be the hotel manager. I was told this would be removed - but on the following day (16th) this still appeared on my bill. I raised this as an issue with the reception, I was promised that it would be looked into and that someone would call my room the same day in order to sort the issue out - no one ever called. On the 17th I do manage to speak to the reception who after a long conversation with the hotel manager assures me that this will be removed. On the evening of the 17th I receive an estimated bill from the reception where this charge had been removed.
However, on the morning of the 18th when I am preparing to check out - the 1000 rps charge have somehow magically re appeared on my bill? I do sincerely hope (but do not believe) that this was due to a technical issue and not an attempt to trick me into paying this, hoping that I would be less alert at the time of check out.

I did raise the above issues with the hotel manager as I was checking in, I was requested to forward the e-mail chain mentioned above for him to investigate - I have forwarded this to the e-mail address provided by him. I have however not received a response to that particular e-mail..

The facilities are nothing more than OK. The rooms were quite shabby, I found used tissue under the bed and the cleaning was definitely not up to scratch.
Pool area is nice enough, restaurant overpirced however for food that you could get on your local TGI Friday's and the breakfast is overrated.

I am now checked out of the hotel and I would expect that all the above experiences where over and done with and that back in London I would not have to worry about it further. But when logging onto my banking statements I noticed that not only have they charged me my total bill for my stay adding up to approximately 28,000 rps (which is about 400 GBP), but also 105 GBP that no one seem to know what it is for. The 28000 rupees for my stay at the hotel, including dinner at the restaurant and drinks at the bar I have signed for and am very happy to pay. But if I am going to be charged an additional 105 GBP that I have not agreed to pay, I would at the very least appreciate someone informing me what this is for?
In addition to this, the credit check run against my account of 28000 rps (an additional 400 GBP) is still missing from my account 8 days later.

I try calling the finance team at the Park Hotels to get this clarified. After about 10 mins of being connected to different departments and being put on hold without any prior warning, I do get to speak to someone. The person in question can not provide any assistance on where the additional charge is coming from and seem to expect me to just let it go. After a long conversation he agrees to investigate and asks me to call him back within the next hour. I call back after 45 minutes and am told he have left the office for the day.
The next person I speak to takes my e-mail address and assures me that he will get in touch with me before the end of the day, explaining this charge. I call him back a few hours later to press the fact that I need a response further. I am again promised an e-mail response before the end of that day. This was on Monday, it's now Friday and I am yet to receive this response.

After a long letter listing all of the above complaints sent to virtually every e-mail address listed on the website, I do receive a polite response from the room manager at Park New Delhi. He informs me that the 105 punds charged is a now show fee for me not showing up on the 16th... Can someone please tell me how on earth it can make sense that I have paid both a bill for my stay and also a no-show fee for not turning up at the hotel??
The man in question tells me that both the no-show fee and the missing 400 pounds are to be returned to me within 72 hours, but makes no offer of compensation for overdraft charges and interest.
As polite and apologetic he have been, this was on Tuesday and I am yet to receive the cash 3 days later.
In addition, today I am getting a call from their finance department informing me that they are getting ready to contact my bank and start processing the refund. This after I have already been told that it was done Tuesday?

I can say for certain that I do not plan to stay at any of the Park hotels again and I will not recommend it to anyone who asks. It is suppose to be a 5 star hotel, but they provide everything but a 5 star service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank GPetters

Dear GPetters, Thank you for your feedback. We will surely do the needful and really sorry to have inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Regards

Dear Guest,Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy

Reviewed 18 July 2010

They hotel is very retro and it is in a very good location. The condition of the hotel however isn't that great. The lobby, the restaurant and the pool area is in excellent condition. The rooms and the floors upstairs aren't that great. the carpet is very dirty and it use a good clean or to be replaced. The walls in the floors were chipped and scratched. The rooms are very clean and in good condition. There is also a very nice waiter in the restaurant called raj. he was very helpful, professional and had a good sense of humor. The rest of the waiters were also nice, but the service was very slow. They were slow to come and get our orders after we got the menus and also slow to get out food to us. The food (once it got to you) was good food and the cakes and pastries are very yummy! We had a little trouble with the housekeeping. We wanted something to cut the ties on our bags so that we could open our bags and have a shower. we had to ask them about 3-4 times before it actually happened. It's worth staying here if you get a good deal through a website, since the location is actually good. but be prepared to wait a little.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear KiwiTraveller81, Thank you for your feedback. We will surely do the needful and really sorry to have inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2010

The Park at New Delhi is a perennial favourite of mine. I just returned after a 3 day stay with them.

The hotel is located opposite the Jantar Mantar, a historical astronomical observatory on Parliament Street, a stone’s throw from Connaught Place, the heart of the Indian capital.

Décor is quirky & young, the check-in is warm & quick. I stayed on the business floor which features larger rooms, a iPod dock and the provision to have breakfast in the separate lounge on the 10th floor. The profusion of bright colours may disturb some but for me it is a welcome change from the dull whites & browns of more serious hotels.

The spread at the complimentary breakfast is generous, freshly prepared and offers great variety. The pool is sufficiently large & an useful refuge after a stressful business day. The restaurant Fire has a limited but delicious selection of food. Service is quick & caring.

3 little things that bothered me –
1) Telephones take a long time being picked up
2) The ‘thump’ from the popular discotheque can be felt & heard in the lower floors. It is hence advisable to choose higher floors if you are a sensitive sleeper
3) The windows are not properly sound-insulated and street noises filter in. So choose the pool-facing rooms

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Sujan R

Dear Khanabadosh71,, Your review makes us so happy. Thank you for the encouragement. Greatly appreciate the same. Regards.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

Make sure to book on internet and not directly with hotel. You will save 25%.
Rooms need refurbishment.
Breakfast was good.
After booking on the internet when i went to the hotel, i had to wait for 15 minutes before they downloaded and retrieved my booking.
Decent service.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Dear VFMtraveller, , We are upgrading our rooms in a phased manner. So we wish you would stay with us again and give us an opportunity to ensure your experience is both refreshing and comfortable. Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2010

*It is situated in the heart of the city's business Connaught Place.
*Very convienently located from Domestic and International Airport.
*The hotel does not have a very grand lobby.
*The rooms are very beautifully done up with modern interiors.
*The service of the staff needs to be improved.
*The hotel have to re-invent their restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Dear ankitg1, Your review makes us so happy. Thank you for the encouragement. Greatly appreciate the same. Regards.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

Rooms are ok but cleaniness needs to be improved
Quality of meals is sub-standard.
Location convenient for reaching meetings in Delhi

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Dear geetaj, Thank You for your valuable suggestions , please visit yous again. Regards