“5 STAR Comfort”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #2 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 14 September 2011

It was definitely a 5* experience - right from the time you enter the lobby and get to the concierge. The staff at the reception was more than helpful with a smiling face - eager to help. Rooms are well done and cozy. Location is excellent for a business traveler. Best part is the food at 360 which is very tastefully done and served.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.
We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel
Team, The Oberoi New Delhi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Truly five star hotel with a good scenery. The location of the hotel is very good with a very good connectivity. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well ventilated. The taste of the food is good and the chefs are world class. I had visited this hotel for business conference and the conference room facilities were excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting New Delhi for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank danieldesmond

Dear Guest,

Thank you for complimenting our services. It would be our pleasure to further make your stay comfortable should you have any particular preferences that we could take care of.

Looking forward to meeting you when you visit next,

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Right in the heart of South delhi , central location and Just 20 mins from most major business location in New Delhi. ultra Smooth check in to best in class rooms. Al tough the hotel ambiance can be peped up. Business center experience was extremely good , got all my work done in a jiffy

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank varun_vc
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your compliments. We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and we were able to exceed your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Was here recently and must say that, aside from the coffee shop, 360, this hotel is long overdue for refurbishment. The rooms appear well-worn and small things were broken and remained broken even when the engineer was supposed to have fixed them. In a 5 star hotel!. Service continues to be slow. The best part of the hotel is the lush, green grounds surrounding the back of the hotel. The gym is quite good for an Indian hotel.

The most disturbing thing about this visit is that hotel staff must have been instructed to call you by your name everywhere. When housekeeping takes 20 minutes to show up at your room when you are rushing to breakfast in the morning, whether the waiter calls you by your name really doesn't matter.

For some time now, my colleagues have been saying I should stay in Gurgaon since more clients are there these days. After this last stay, no reason not to give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Intrepid88
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Guest

I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. Let me assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide the best of services to all our guests. We train our teams very hard so that every guest of the hotel is treated with utmost professional care and hospitality.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase our product and services and assure you that we will live up to our usual high standards.

Warm regards

Reviewed 11 September 2011

This hotel has been and icon in Delhi and continues to be so. With it's great views of the Delhi golf club and the great service and food it's still one of the best places to stay in the city. Don't miss out travetino the Italian restaurant. It expensive but exquisite...

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback of our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi New Delhi

Warm regards

Reviewed 11 September 2011

From the minute I checked in the hotel did everything to make me feel comfortable. The staff are very attentive without getting in the way.

I had breakfast and dinner in the restaurants which were spot on. In fact, the breakfast staff were not the same each day but somehow knew that I like a strong latte coffee --- maybe they checked my previous day's order, I don't know but very impressed. I am not usually a big fan of room service, but I arrived in at 1am and ordered pizza and a glass of wine, the sommelier even came my room to describe the wine and allow me to try the wine

Concierge was great --- gave me his mobile number in case of problems getting about, which I did use. And arranged the repair of my laptop cord which shorted out.

The rooms are more traditional, maybe not for everyone, but clean and very comfortable beds. It had the feeling of India and not just in a bland modern room.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you can see the Delhi skyline over the canopy of trees
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Although the hotel was generally ok, except for the room service, which was expensive and inferior to the food outside, when we came to pay our bill of more than 100,000 rupees they scammed me by distracting me by asking me to fill out a questionnaire about our stay while they converted the bill the pounds sterling at a very inferior rate.

I did not notice the switch and they did not inform me that they were changing the currency, we were out around $200 as a result. I noticed the scam in the car on the way to the airport when I checked the bill, I was fuming all the way to our next destination.

This scam is standard Oberoi practice as they repeated it on as at Jaipur and then tried to deny that they had done so. Not acceptable.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank somewhereinlondon
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

Dear Guest

I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. At The Oberoi, we are known for our service and would never ever think of cheating our guests.

I would be grateful if we could discuss and close the misunderstanding.