The Oberoi
US$99
US$279
US$257
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$328
  • Pool
US$87
US$70
1,796 results
All reviewsdelhi golf clubindoor poolbutler servicechinese restaurantbusiness hotelwonderful hotelfive star hotelmonaspaindiathreesixtyluxuryconciergedriveragrahospitalitysingh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2011

A good business hotel with really mordern public spaces and restaurant .The rooms seem dated and I felt cramped. Carpets and furniture is too loud and the view of the road accross was uninteresting. This was my business trip before I left on a tour of Rajasthan and I felt that I could have chosen the newer Oberoi. The bathrooms here felt small ; though the amenities were very good.
I loved the breakfast at 360 . The service was great too.
The only irritation was the price of the wifi-charged in a business hotel ??

Room Tip: Take a room on the golf course side
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise for the quality of food and services

I have taken careful note of your comment on the rooms and the internet pricing. I apologize for the incovenience. The hotel has got few rooms which have been renovated and as far as internet is concerned, we do have internet inclusive room packages. We would be pleased to offer you the same in your next visit

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed here for one night after a long flight from London. The outside is a bit dated but inside it is beautiful.

The staff were great, we ate in 360 restaurant and it was good. The Indian wine was suprisingly drinkable at 550 rps a glass.

The pool area is really lovely with nice gardens....we were the only people there. When you sit down they immediately bring you cold flannels, sun tan lotion, rosewater spray, bottled water and fruit juice....a really lovely touch.

There were some small errors on the bill when we left - easily sorted when we mentioned it. Our guide did say this is quite common at many hotels I.e. Not just Oberois so I would recommend you check your bill where ever you stay.

The hotel is aimed at leisure and business and seems to do a cracking job catering to both markets. The only whinge I have.... You have to pay for wi-fi...ridiculous at this sort of hotel when you consider the room prices.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback. Your indication of our performance will encourage us to achieve even higher standards of service.

With regard to internet pricing, we do have special room rates and packages which are inclusive of internet services. We will be happy to offer you the same in your next visit .

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel

The Team at The Oberoi New Delhi

Reviewed 9 October 2011

After being left at the airport for over an hour only to get lost for two hours in a local taxi, the oberoi started their resolution of this with a cake in our room. First the room was very outdated, second we found three spiders on the walls in the first five minutes and third cake does not resolve these matters, especially when you've come half way around the world to spend 11 days with this hotel group in India.. It was not until we had a very nice conversation with the manager that we were upgraded and given a complimentary meal. The room was outstanding, to say the least, and really quelled some of the disappointment with this and several other issues we had with oberoi over our 11 days. But in the end items that we were told would be taken care of upon check out were not, our final night in the Italian restaurant was basically a 45 min display of the chef and one staff member in an ongoing and very public/noisy dispute and the jacket I had altered at the hotel shops was promised to be delivered four days ago and now the hotel is asking if they can try to get it to the airport in Delhi before we fly home (somehow during our 1 hr layover?).

On a good note the sommelier is very nice and it's recommended, if you must stay at this business hotel, to sit in the cellar and let him give his schpeell about domestic and international wines.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Austen824
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken careful note of your comment.

Please be assured your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standard of service and I do apologise for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with the relevant department heads and I assure you immediate improvement.

Your comments have been shared with the Sommelier who made your evening special

Thank you.

warm regards

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Spent three nights at the Oberoi in New Delhi. For a 5 star hotel, the phyiscal infrastructure was only okay but the staff was outstanding. From check in to check out they were helpful, attentive, and effective. I particularly appreciated their help dealing with my food allergy. I was at the hotel for a workshop and the staff not only dealt with my dietary restrictions but were very pre-emptive about it at group lunches and dinners in a way that was very minimizing on the effect to the event. During private meals in the 360 restaurant, the staff were able to very effectively help me determine what to eat and how to best enjoy my meal.

Room was nice (shower in our hotel in Gurgaon was better). TV had multiple US and British stations including a movie station. The room also had a DVD player and a list of complimentary movies you could request. Nice touch was complimentary bottled water; I especially liked that the bottles were 1.5L bottles and not the little 0.5L ones. House staff were extremely helpful but not in an overbearing way. There was a note in the room stating that, instead of tipping during your stay, you could tip at the end and note especially helpful employees by name.

I did not like paying for internet, especially at a converted price which was higher than many US luxury hotels. I also would have appreciated more clarity and more confidence that I could drink the water and eat fruit, cold dishes, etc. There was a note in the room saying the water was safe to drink but when I asked during check-in the clerk replied with a comment about the complimentary bottled water which made me concerned. I was so full due to the entree portions that the fruit was less of a concern but would have been nice to have a note on the breakfast buffet to clarify if US and Europeans could confidently eat the cold items that had contact with local water.

Overall, a very nice stay with no complaints worthy of concern to other travelers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Guest,
We sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise for the quality of product and services.
With regard to internet pricing, we do have special room rates and packages which are inclusive of internet services. I will be delighted to explain the various options to you over the telephone or email, as per your convenience.
The tap water in our rooms is potable. Since travelers from around the globe have different levels of senstivity, we recommend bottled water.
Looking forward to meeting you when you visit next.
Amit Sachdeva
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Great Service. Old but well maintained rooms. They need to refurbish.
But really enjoyed the stay as the service was one of the best we experienced.
The coffee shop seam to be newly renovated more in line with the new trends in décor.
As rightly mentioned by some other guests too, we do expect non-chargeable Internet in the room, after paying so much for the room itself! Good spread of breakfast.. & pick-up / drop service to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

Kind regards