“5 star hotel at Delhi with a class” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Guwahati
“5 star hotel at Delhi with a class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I like more Oberoi Grand Kolkata, but this Oberoi at Delhi is also no exception. It maintains it class. It is of its own class. Excellent. Near Mathuraroad DPS, it is in avery convenient location. Food has varieties and of quality. Of course I stayed here only 2 days . Oberoi launches free stay coupon time time. My husband got some free night stay coupons. We used those. Thi s added facways.ility of Oberoi group. You can get miles for stay.
Rooms maintenance : class

Room Tip: I didnot have any choice
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank babaruah
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had a comfortable stay in this hotel. It is well located in the south of Delhi, not far from most of the tourist places and markets. Although the hotel was not very swanky but by and large it is a great place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Capriisland30
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

Vadodara, Gujarat India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

On our visit to Delhi we decided to stay a couple of days at the Oberoi Delhi. I must say the location of the hotel is very impressive in the heart of Delhi overlooking the Delhi Golf Club. However the rooms are a bit dated and need to be renovated. The restaurant Threesixty serves good multi-cuisine food although it is on the expensive side. The service was up to the mark and as with any Oberoi hotel which is … Excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amirup
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding our location, service and the good food at our All day Dining restaurant threesixty. Our hotel is centrally located with close proximity to the Delhi Golf course and The Humayun’s Tomb.

I have also taken a careful note of your comment regarding the rooms and food being expensive. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money continuously upgrading our rooms and facilities, the comfort of our guests is our sole focus. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a variety of rooms and suites to choose from. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, I will be happy to show you around. With regards to your comment regarding the food being expensive, our prices are in line with all the other 5 star establishments in the city. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi

Jay Rathore
VP & General Manager
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

If I were a hotel critic, I possibly could have found faults in this hotel. But I am not. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We turned my spouse's conference in New Delhi into an Indian family holiday. The Oberoi (our starting point) accommodated us perfectly. So well, that getting the girls (6&8) out of the hotel and off to see the city became a difficult task.

From our welcome: an apology that our rooms were not immediately available (8 hours before check in time!) and a free breakfast while they were made ready - to our departure: a free car, driver, and a member of staff to see us safely on our train (when we had intended to take a taxi) - the staff could not do enough for us.

The New Delhi Oberoi seems primarily a business hotel. However, staff members made the girls and I feel truly welcome. Even pool toys were provided.

Clearly, staff are trained to go the extra mile to make the guests feel special. However, I was surprised by the number of real smiles that I encountered.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aultako
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you and the girls had a wonderful time. I must also thank you for the lovely pictures of our property.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were so well looked after at The Oberoi, New Delhi two years ago that I was apprehensive on returning not wanting to taint the good experience. But when our friends booked us in we gladly tagged along and weren't we just delighted - it felt like we were coming home - nothing in terms of ambiance or service had changed. The hotel looked just as pristine and welcoming. Check-in was swift, butler service ever so efficient and the breakfast cafe staff were spontaneous, pleasant and thoughtful. Rooms were just the right size - very tastefully appointed with just the right amenities. My husband still feels that the bathrooms are on the small side but we just love how everything fits in. The reception staff were friendly and even offered to post my postcards for free even though they were from the previous hotel we stayed in - such a welcomed and genuine gesture!
I loved the fragrance of the new Forest Essential toiletries though there was really nothing wrong with the previous Kama products. Wish I had a few more days instead of just one night this time round...
I will surely return the next time I am in Delhi....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard have a more pleasant view than the ones facing the road !
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for complimenting our services. It would be our pleasure to further make your stay comfortable should you have any particular preferences that we could take care of.

Looking forward to meeting you when you visit next,

Executive Assistant Manager.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

One thing I dont like about hotels in General is when the bell captain or concierge insist on taking your hand luggage. My hand luggage is personal so please do not touch and insist on taking it.

Although the name Oberoi is great in the Indian market, the hotel was way below my expectations. The rooms need major refurbishment. Once you enter the hotel room, you will understand what old mean.

The Lobby is nice and has some great shops. In General I will categorize the hotel as a four star, rather then a five star hotel.

Not downgrading them a lot, but there business center I admit is superb.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Salah_Sharaf
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We encourage our staff to go out of their way to please our guests and to create memories. It seems that in their enthusiasm, they have overstepped. We apologize and assure you that we will work on your feedback diligently.

I have taken a careful note of your comment regarding the rooms. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money refurbishing them. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a variety of rooms and suites. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, please do reach out to me and I am certain we will be able to accommodate your requests as well. Should there be more feedback you wish to share with me, I can be reached at jay.rathore@oberoihotels.com

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi

Jay Rathore
VP & General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

The staff think of everything, from bookmarks to tying sarees. Breakfast buffet is incredible and the staff helped me prepare a proper Indian meal. Drinks may bankrupt you but the service more than makes up for it. Prepare for a 20-30 minute cab ride for everywhere you want to go.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jbethune
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Guest,

I have taken note of your comment regarding the pricing at the bar. I would like to assure you that our pricing is in line with other luxury hotels in Delhi and India. I regret any inconvenience you faced.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi