Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“A wonderful hotel with great food. Skip the others - book Oberoi.”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We love this place!

The security at the Oberoi is significant. There are armed guards at the main Oberoi gate and a real sense of safety throughout the grounds. Lots of helpful staff, in addition.

Our room was small, but quite comfortable. Clean and nice. Quiet.

We were especially pleased with the Indian food - both the bountiful buffet at lunch and a special multi-course dinner (for about 20 on our overland tour.) This multi-course dinner included some of the best Indian food of my life.

The Oberoi breakfast buffet was very good. The restaurant service was exceptional, as well. Yes, I know the Oberoi restaurant is in India, but we had some very average Indian meals while in India. In summary, the food at the Oberoi is not to be missed.

I can recommend this hotel to any traveler - without reservation. Enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the security at the hotel, the room and the meals served in the threesixty restaurant. I am glad that your Indian meal was memorable and exceeded your expectations.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights when we arrived to India for a vacation and were immediately taken to our room to complete the check in process there. The staff were very helpful throughout our stay and consistent with the high standards of the Oberoi chain. The hotel is in a good location and within easy walking distance to Humayun's Tomb. The gym and pool were very nice, especially give the May heat. The breakfast was spectacular and food at the 360 restaurant very good. We would strongly recommend this hotel without any reservations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NYBadger
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the health and wellness facilities and the food at threesixty.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I like more Oberoi Grand Kolkata, but this Oberoi at Delhi is also no exception. It maintains it class. It is of its own class. Excellent. Near Mathuraroad DPS, it is in avery convenient location. Food has varieties and of quality. Of course I stayed here only 2 days . Oberoi launches free stay coupon time time. My husband got some free night stay coupons. We used those. Thi s added facways.ility of Oberoi group. You can get miles for stay.
Rooms maintenance : class

Room Tip: I didnot have any choice
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babaruah

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had a comfortable stay in this hotel. It is well located in the south of Delhi, not far from most of the tourist places and markets. Although the hotel was not very swanky but by and large it is a great place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Capriisland30
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

On our visit to Delhi we decided to stay a couple of days at the Oberoi Delhi. I must say the location of the hotel is very impressive in the heart of Delhi overlooking the Delhi Golf Club. However the rooms are a bit dated and need to be renovated. The restaurant Threesixty serves good multi-cuisine food although it is on the expensive side. The service was up to the mark and as with any Oberoi hotel which is … Excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amirup
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding our location, service and the good food at our All day Dining restaurant threesixty. Our hotel is centrally located with close proximity to the Delhi Golf course and The Humayun’s Tomb.

I have also taken a careful note of your comment regarding the rooms and food being expensive. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money continuously upgrading our rooms and facilities, the comfort of our guests is our sole focus. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a variety of rooms and suites to choose from. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, I will be happy to show you around. With regards to your comment regarding the food being expensive, our prices are in line with all the other 5 star establishments in the city. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi

Jay Rathore
VP & General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2013

If I were a hotel critic, I possibly could have found faults in this hotel. But I am not. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We turned my spouse's conference in New Delhi into an Indian family holiday. The Oberoi (our starting point) accommodated us perfectly. So well, that getting the girls (6&8) out of the hotel and off to see the city became a difficult task.

From our welcome: an apology that our rooms were not immediately available (8 hours before check in time!) and a free breakfast while they were made ready - to our departure: a free car, driver, and a member of staff to see us safely on our train (when we had intended to take a taxi) - the staff could not do enough for us.

The New Delhi Oberoi seems primarily a business hotel. However, staff members made the girls and I feel truly welcome. Even pool toys were provided.

Clearly, staff are trained to go the extra mile to make the guests feel special. However, I was surprised by the number of real smiles that I encountered.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aultako
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you and the girls had a wonderful time. I must also thank you for the lovely pictures of our property.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were so well looked after at The Oberoi, New Delhi two years ago that I was apprehensive on returning not wanting to taint the good experience. But when our friends booked us in we gladly tagged along and weren't we just delighted - it felt like we were coming home - nothing in terms of ambiance or service had changed. The hotel looked just as pristine and welcoming. Check-in was swift, butler service ever so efficient and the breakfast cafe staff were spontaneous, pleasant and thoughtful. Rooms were just the right size - very tastefully appointed with just the right amenities. My husband still feels that the bathrooms are on the small side but we just love how everything fits in. The reception staff were friendly and even offered to post my postcards for free even though they were from the previous hotel we stayed in - such a welcomed and genuine gesture!
I loved the fragrance of the new Forest Essential toiletries though there was really nothing wrong with the previous Kama products. Wish I had a few more days instead of just one night this time round...
I will surely return the next time I am in Delhi....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard have a more pleasant view than the ones facing the road !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for complimenting our services. It would be our pleasure to further make your stay comfortable should you have any particular preferences that we could take care of.

Looking forward to meeting you when you visit next,

Executive Assistant Manager.