“Excellent Macarons!”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #2 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I was at the patisserie yesterday to pick up few desserts, and as suggested by the chef (abhimanyu) i bought macarons...and they were excellent!!!! My entire family relished them...and for sure we will be back soon to purchase every flavour of it!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Agaur
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest

We are glad that you and your family enjoyed the Macarons from The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen. I will be happy to share your generous compliments with Chef Abhimanyu.

We look forward to seeing you back.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I recently had the chance of staying at the Oberoi Hotel in New Delhi. Hospitality at its very best could be the motto of this Hotel. Of all the hotels I've stayed at, the Oberoi showed an unmistakably higher level of sincerity and genuineness in its warmth and hospitality. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to go to Delhi on a long or short stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I loved my stay at this grand old hotel. She's jaded and needs upgrading, but the staff are exceptional and the service fabulous. In particular, the young Restaurant Manager in ThreeSixty during breakfast service was exceptional, and even remembered my name and what I liked to order on the second morning.

I think free WiFi is a must in any business hotel, especially in a country like India.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services, especially for our Restaurant Manager Abhishek. I am glad that you felt pampered.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I went to the Oberoi for an international conference and it was a very pleasant experience - both the conference which was excellently catered for and the rooms and stay in the hotel. The hotel is famous for the service attitude of staff and it shows. I felt treated like a VIP, whereas many hotels provide more anonymous service. Everything was well taken care of, perhaps with the exception of the air conditioning system, which seemed insufficient to battle the somewhat musty atmosphere in the room.
Of the older hotels in Delhi the Oberoi no doubt is one of the grand old dames, and it should be recommended for the great service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services and we are glad that you felt pampered,

I have also taken note of your comment on the room. We do have an exhaustive dehumidification programme and facilities; however it seems that your stay was adversely affected on that particular day. We sincerely regret the inconvenience.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Oberoi in Delhi used to be one of the great hotels in India for many years after it was opened in the mid 1960s. While the service is exemplary, and the inside is world class, the structure is looking shoddy. And it is the structure that one sees, which helps make one's mind, all before setting foot inside. The hotel needs a major uplift, both in and out, to regain its former glory.

Room Tip: Just dont come to your conclusion by seeing the outside. (Unfortunately, even some of the inside is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank deepaksji
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services

I have also taken a careful note of your comment regarding the exteriors of the hotel and wish to inform you that we will be fixing the same at our very earliest. We regret the inconvenience.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel was old-fashioned and outdated in a bad way. Even the superior rooms were small and desperately in need of renovation. The entire feel of the hotel was dingy, especially with the musty, mildewy odor that permeated the rooms. I have been informed that renovation is on the cards. I hope this is true. Until that happens however, the price is not worth what you get, especially since other 5 star hotels in the vicinity offer better. I give 1 star for the attentiveness of the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tivolem
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services. We are grateful for your kind words and high rating for our staff and service.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding rooms being old. We regret the inconvenience. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money continuously upgrading our rooms and facilities and have an exhaustive dehumidification programme to counter the seasonal mustiness, the comfort of our guests being our sole focus. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a few contemporary rooms and a large variety of suites. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, I will be happy to personally make all your arrangements.

I do hope you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and that you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services. We value your patronage and would request you to return to stay with us on your future visits.

Sincere regards,

Jay Rathore
Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2013

It was amazing, we stayed in the Suite and which has a very good view. very nice food, and nice hospitality overall... i rate it 10/10 .. definitely recommended to all... from check in to check out, everything was up to our expectations...

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.