“Simply outstanding!”

Ranked #3 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Houston, Texas
“Simply outstanding!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The best hotel in Delhi, period! I would give it a 6-star if I could. I have never seen such dedication to customer service from all staff, from the doorman to the front desk, managers and concierge. They made us feel more than welcome, they felt us feel at home with family. The hotel is located near the center of town, but still very quiet which is a plus after the hectic traffic in Delhi. It is only 30 to 35 minutes from the International Airport. We arranged for hotel transportation from the airport. The driver was extremely efficient and polite. A hotel representative met us just outside the terminal. This eliminated all the hustle of dealing with taxi peddlers. This is a grand old hotel with all the comforts of a 5-star category, Restaurants are excellent for both Indian and international cuisine. Breakfast buffet is excellent: don't miss the "3-60 pancakes", waffles, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, and omelettes. Yes, it is a feast! All staff greeted us by name, with a smile, and they were all more than willing to help. The room was classy, very comfortable, especially the bed. I can't start to name all the niceties that the hotel staff did for us, to make our stay outstanding. I cannot recommend it enough! If it was OK with TripAdvisor rules I would name each one of the people that were helpful, but I will just name a few: front desk ladies, concierge, manger and assistant manager, all the waiters at the restaurant, the doorman, the hotel driver that brought us to and from the airport. Somehow the Oberoi family has succeeded in providing the best hotel experience in Delhi. I will write a personal note to the hotel manager to congratulate him on the quality of his staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the arrival experience, the food at the restaurants and our committed team. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Nottingham
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at the Oberoi for 4 nights on business. The hotel provided for me absolutely everything I might possibly need on my trip. Good food check. Quality rooms and a good night's sleep check. Absolutely impeccable service including a butler service check and finally wonderful spa, gym and swim facilities and the ability to hire a driver by the hour which is essential in delhi. The hotel is not cheap by any standards, but the service and friendliness of staff was truly exceptional. I ate at each restaurant, tried the spa and also had room service and in no area of the hotel did i find the service wavered. I can see how some find this a little intrusive but I did not find it over reaching. My favourite part of my stay was actually swimming at dusk in the outdoor pool - it is in a secluded part of the hotel and with the birds and bats circling it felt very atmospheric and memorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again. My only criticism which is hardly the hotels fault, is that it does seem a little surreal compared to the reality of the rest of Delhi.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging words of appreciation. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the food in the restaurants, the health and wellness facilities and the butler service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Oberoi , New-Delhi is one of the best hotels to stay when you are on business, especially in November, when you are attending the India International Trade Fair. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of New-Delhi for all business related stays. For the tariff you pay, this is one fine hotel you should never miss. If you are a gourmet and like Italian cuisine, like me, then the Travertino it is! The wine cellar is next door and you can go to town with wine and Italian food. The other feature of the hotel that would be close to the gourmet’s heart (or stomach) is the hugely popular Gourmet store. The hotel boasts an indoor and outdoor pool for die hard swimming buffs. The spa is great for its Ayurvedic treatments and therapies.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the Italian restaurant, Travertino, the wine library Enoteca and The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen. Also as rightly pointed out by you, we are the closest to the International trade fair center Pragati Maidan.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Quite frequent visitor to this Hotel for business meetings and conferences. Very good conference facilities and also offer better price than other hotels of this category. Located at very prime locatiion well connected with south and central delhi. Must visit!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the location of the hotel and the conference and banqueting facilities.

West Runton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed at this excellent hotel at the end of a motorcycle tour of Rajasthan. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful. The check in was an absolute pleasure, instead of waiting at the desk we were escorted straight to the club lounge for refreshments while the staff processed our reservation.
Our room was very comfortable with all that you could need with some stunning views of Delhi.
The restaurants and bars in the hotel were all first class as were all the staff that looked after us.
I would particularly like to mention Tarun Negi who worked on the concierge desk who went well beyond the call of duty to arrange cars flights etc, he is a real credit to this excellent hotel.
I had stayed at the Oberoi 22 years ago almost to the day and was as it is now one of the best hotels in the world.
Well done to all involved and I hope to return again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially Tarun Negi.

Wattala, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I experienced Extraordinary Courtesy and close intimacy with friendliness at Oberoi, New Delhi, during my short stay there. Food was excellent. Service +++++++. Attention to minute details was very clear and its really teamwork.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

kottayam
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I myself and my wife dr sobhanakumari has to attend the ICD -( Inter national Congress of Dermatology and also to present scientific papers fron 4/12/2013-08/121/2013 checked in on 04/12/2013 at oberoi hotel new delhi
the first thing came to my mind is the huge mansion with lot of lovely people explained everything in detail it is a fact finding mission which I enjoyed too much , what I liked most is the surroundings a lot of grand old trees our life chain with a lot of birds live and let them live attitude that gave me a lot of inspiration to practice such a culture to grow and help others to plant a lot of trees bark and plants for our future and for our younger generations it is really fascinating i was alloted room no 125 in the first floor I was received with a lot of fascinating activities and a welcome fruit juice which I don't know what it is but it is sweet and tasty. . i like the security checking every time they are apologizing for the act and explaining the reason why they are doing this which I really enjoying I can understand that such duty make us safe in one day I met a trainee her name is Ritu the way she explain facts gave a lot of confidence and definitely is an asset for the hotel .the lavish simple break fast which prompt us to revisit the hotel for another stay but one inconvenience which i noted that they don't provided stair case for standard use , they reserved only for emergencies , which limited our freedom of walking leisurely

Room Tip: opt greenery side