“Best breakfast spread with superb staff”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is an awesome hotel. Stayed there as part of a conference of more than 50 people and nothing was too much for the staff. They get things done remarkably fast. Their buffet breakfast is one of the best I've seen not just in Delhi but in the many 5 star hotels I've visited. Staff-guest ratio is also excellent especially during breakfast. Very proactive management, when we arrived at the hotel to check in for the second time, they had a separate check in counter just for us and got all 50+ of us checked in, in 15 minutes and internet in the room worked immediately. Highly recommended for business stay and if you want to have a hassle free stay with superb breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you and your colleagues had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the checkin procedures and the wholesome breakfast spread.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Oberoi, New Dehli is a clean and quiet hotel with lots of service. I don't know how many times I was offered coffee at each breakfast and I don't even drink coffee. The Oberoi is a business hotel, so you will be greeted with guards at the gate and then airport style security when entering the building. That was the only hotel that did that on our 4 week tour of India and we felt perfectly safe at the other places as well. If you are someone who also enjoys walking out of a front door and being in the heart of city with markets nearby and such, this is not the hotel to stay at. You'll need to take a taxi or tuktuk (sorry, should have said private car, patrons here wouldn't take a tuktuk) even though the hotel is centrally located . I was surprised that the Oberoi didn't charge extra for using the pool, which must cost a fortune to operate and maintain, because they charge a fortune for using the internet. This hotel was the only place that internet was not included in the nightly rate during our tour, except for the Oberoi in Agra. I guess they need the extra income compared to the other 5 star places we stayed at. This was my first time staying at a big 5 star business hotel and even though the building is wonderful with great food and service, it is just something I did not enjoy overall nor was totally comfortable staying at. One last thing, I did notice that the mattress in the rooms we stayed at the beginning and at the end of our trip were the most worn of all the places we stayed, which also surprised me for such a high-end hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

The hotel is located in Lutyens Delhi and is the preferred hotel for head of states, hence enhanced security. The hotel is located adjacent to the golf club and is only five minute drive from the nearest shopping centre and as rightly pointed by you, is very well connected. Regarding internet, the infrastructure costs prevents us to offer internet free of cost, however we do have room packages inclusive of internet charges and I will be happy to book the same for you in case your travel brings you back to Delhi

I will also like to apologize regarding the quality of the mattress and the service during breakfast . I sincerely regret the inconvenience. I do hope you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and that you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services. We value your patronage and would request you to return to stay with us on your future visits.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The best hotel in Delhi, period! I would give it a 6-star if I could. I have never seen such dedication to customer service from all staff, from the doorman to the front desk, managers and concierge. They made us feel more than welcome, they felt us feel at home with family. The hotel is located near the center of town, but still very quiet which is a plus after the hectic traffic in Delhi. It is only 30 to 35 minutes from the International Airport. We arranged for hotel transportation from the airport. The driver was extremely efficient and polite. A hotel representative met us just outside the terminal. This eliminated all the hustle of dealing with taxi peddlers. This is a grand old hotel with all the comforts of a 5-star category, Restaurants are excellent for both Indian and international cuisine. Breakfast buffet is excellent: don't miss the "3-60 pancakes", waffles, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, and omelettes. Yes, it is a feast! All staff greeted us by name, with a smile, and they were all more than willing to help. The room was classy, very comfortable, especially the bed. I can't start to name all the niceties that the hotel staff did for us, to make our stay outstanding. I cannot recommend it enough! If it was OK with TripAdvisor rules I would name each one of the people that were helpful, but I will just name a few: front desk ladies, concierge, manger and assistant manager, all the waiters at the restaurant, the doorman, the hotel driver that brought us to and from the airport. Somehow the Oberoi family has succeeded in providing the best hotel experience in Delhi. I will write a personal note to the hotel manager to congratulate him on the quality of his staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the arrival experience, the food at the restaurants and our committed team. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at the Oberoi for 4 nights on business. The hotel provided for me absolutely everything I might possibly need on my trip. Good food check. Quality rooms and a good night's sleep check. Absolutely impeccable service including a butler service check and finally wonderful spa, gym and swim facilities and the ability to hire a driver by the hour which is essential in delhi. The hotel is not cheap by any standards, but the service and friendliness of staff was truly exceptional. I ate at each restaurant, tried the spa and also had room service and in no area of the hotel did i find the service wavered. I can see how some find this a little intrusive but I did not find it over reaching. My favourite part of my stay was actually swimming at dusk in the outdoor pool - it is in a secluded part of the hotel and with the birds and bats circling it felt very atmospheric and memorable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again. My only criticism which is hardly the hotels fault, is that it does seem a little surreal compared to the reality of the rest of Delhi.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging words of appreciation. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the food in the restaurants, the health and wellness facilities and the butler service.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Oberoi , New-Delhi is one of the best hotels to stay when you are on business, especially in November, when you are attending the India International Trade Fair. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of New-Delhi for all business related stays. For the tariff you pay, this is one fine hotel you should never miss. If you are a gourmet and like Italian cuisine, like me, then the Travertino it is! The wine cellar is next door and you can go to town with wine and Italian food. The other feature of the hotel that would be close to the gourmet’s heart (or stomach) is the hugely popular Gourmet store. The hotel boasts an indoor and outdoor pool for die hard swimming buffs. The spa is great for its Ayurvedic treatments and therapies.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the Italian restaurant, Travertino, the wine library Enoteca and The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen. Also as rightly pointed out by you, we are the closest to the International trade fair center Pragati Maidan.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Quite frequent visitor to this Hotel for business meetings and conferences. Very good conference facilities and also offer better price than other hotels of this category. Located at very prime locatiion well connected with south and central delhi. Must visit!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the location of the hotel and the conference and banqueting facilities.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed at this excellent hotel at the end of a motorcycle tour of Rajasthan. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful. The check in was an absolute pleasure, instead of waiting at the desk we were escorted straight to the club lounge for refreshments while the staff processed our reservation.
Our room was very comfortable with all that you could need with some stunning views of Delhi.
The restaurants and bars in the hotel were all first class as were all the staff that looked after us.
I would particularly like to mention Tarun Negi who worked on the concierge desk who went well beyond the call of duty to arrange cars flights etc, he is a real credit to this excellent hotel.
I had stayed at the Oberoi 22 years ago almost to the day and was as it is now one of the best hotels in the world.
Well done to all involved and I hope to return again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially Tarun Negi.