“Average hotel experience”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #2 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed at the Oberoi a couple of nights in November and December 2013. Seemed like a decent hotel, but not great on luxury - stuffy rooms, not great spread on breakfast and service is also not so great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kulkarniaa
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

With regards to the room, I regret that it did not meet your approval. While all our rooms are extremely well appointed and comfortable, we also have a small inventory of more contemporary styled rooms and I will be happy to personally show them to you on your next visit.

Also I have taken your feedback regarding breakfast and service to the team. I apologise if it did not meet your expectations. We do serve a wide variety of food – Indian, western and Japanese food on the buffet and also certain specialities like egg royale, egg benedict, pancakes and waffles are part of the offering.

I do hope you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and that you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services. We value your patronage and would request you to return to stay with us on your future visits.

Jay Rathore
Vice President and General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our stay in Delhi was made perfect because of the staff, the care and helpfulness they all showed to us. They went out of their way to make suggestions and planned evenings out for us.
The hotel car was made available to us, at a small cost, and was a great way to get around as the drivers knew their city well. The rooms were very nice and very comfortable with good views over the golf course or the city. A hidden gem is downstairs where you can have a nice cup of tea or coffee with wonderful cakes. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Delhi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services, especially The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was treated like royalty; all were thoughtful, courteous, caring, considerate on every level. My room was always beautifully made up, the food was delicious and my gluten-free diet was addressed by the dining room staff. Whether it was suggesting places to visit, calling a taxi for me, or making sure I had the phone number of the concierge when I went out on my own; the attention to detail and making sure I was well taken care of and safe were incomparable. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services; we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hotel very nice with a dress commercial centre inside with zara burberry etc.
A rich hall facing on the great pool. There is also a gym, a sauna and internal swimming pool, massage center. Too cold as a habitat with white marble around.
Good the business centre with someone all present and available. There are private business rooms, conference rooms and a common business center. Wi fi is not fruible. I needed but they had to activate me 15 mins per time notwithstanding I had my payd wifi in the room.
The service was very high level, they passed and phoned me in order to check if all was fine and to welcome me.
There is international television, wide room with a nice desk, also a DVD is present and a list of films from bolliwood and holliwood.
Elegant belle époque style room and bathroom in red marble.
There are two restaurant, One for Dinner was very rich with many international and Asian too breakfast. Also a la carte is available.
There is an Italian restaurant. Service was very kind and the cook Italian. Very good the meal, except for the dimension of the portions but high quality. Oil was Italian and vinegar too. Many association particular and tasteful.
Cost very high expecially for the wine 60 euro for an Italian wine that in Italy costs less than 6 euro.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andre1DB
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the health and wellness facilities, business centre and dining facilities at the hotel especially the Italian restaurant, Travertino. Our Italian restaurant operates in collaboration with Hotel Hassler in Rome and we proud ourselves in serving the authentic Italian fare.

With regards to your comment regarding wine prices, the government taxes on the procurement and service of wines does make it expensive. However, we have reviewed our prices and even compared with similar hotels and have found us to be in fact lower than the most. Also we do have beverages priced in different price bracket.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have just returned from a magnificent tour of Northern Inaia, organised with the charming Amrita at the Oberoi head office. We stayed at 6 Oberoi hotels, used an Oberoi car and driver plus local guides as required. We have had a wonderful holiday. I am listing each review with the same heading, changing only the part number in case it helps anyone contemplating a similar trip.
The Oberoi New Delhi has the most fantastic staff, they are friendly, efficient and helpful. In truth the rooms are a bit dated and the bathrooms rather small, (a major refurbishment is in tne pipe line), but this just doesn't matter because the staff are just so good.
We ate in both the 360 restaurant, which was great, and the Oriental which was ok but not very romantic. I would reccomend using just the 360.
The loccation is very good for the major tourist sights but not good if you want to walk to local retaurants etc.
All in all a very good start to our trip.
Two further points which apply to all Oberoi properties. First and an excellent idea, Oberoi do not encourage individual tipping, only a sealed envelope at the end of the stay. This does stop the tip tension for the guest and encourages genuine staff service. ALL staff share the combined tip box revenue. Second Oberoi charge for wifi, this unusual in my experience and poor for such top grade hotels. We negotiated free wifi as part of our package.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found the overall customer service excellent. With regards to the room, I regret that it did not meet your expectations. While all our rooms are extremely well appointed and comfortable, we also have a small inventory of more contemporary styled rooms and I will be happy to personally show them to you on your next visit.

Thank you for your complimets regarding our tipping policy.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Excellent inner environment, nice floors, nice food, nice services for business meetings, stay and venue for conferences. peaceful environment. The staff are couteous and ready to help. The hotel is preferable and enjoyable for group meetings.

Room Tip: Rooms on northern side
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the quality of stay, food and business services.

We have a dedicated team looking after meetings and conventions and I am glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed the Oberoi hospitality.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Exemplary service and the staff always make you feel at home and have a solution any problem you have during your stay. Food and Breakfast is very good at 360. Would any day go back to stay at The Oberoi, Delhi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services; we are glad that you felt at home.