Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“With a view”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had rooms overlooking the golf course. It felt like an oasis in the bustling city.

Although our expectiation were high by the time we reached Delhi (being the fifth and last Oberoi Hotel we visited on this trip) the service still exceeded our expectations. The breakfast is excellent and the attention to detail spectacular.

Although the room was comfortable, the bathroom seemed somewhat small with only a shower over the bath.

This hotel's pool and spa are exceptionally nice and it has a very smart business centre as well as a well equipped gym.

The property is central but still away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There is a choice between city view and golf course view. I suspect that both are good, but we had a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging words of appreciation. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, the health and wellness facilities, business centre and the breakfast at threesixty.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Was there at hotel oberoi at new delhi on 28 april to attend a meeting at neelgiri. It was my first visit to this property and it was love at first sight. Beautiful ambiance & rich interior and decor of the lobby area.Enjoyed a very delicious veg food. The services of supportive staff is superb. Overall marks 09.5/10.

Room Tip: Amazing. must go.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel, team and services especially the hotel food.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the Oberoi New Dehli. My only complaint is that I wasn't there long enough! Professional, polite and conscientious staff, a lesson in customer service that many other venues could do well to learn from - especially in the UK. Spacious rooms, fantastic dining options including an extensive room service menu, airport transfer service to take the stress out of your trip and a fabulous spa experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the airport services, restaurants and the hotel Spa

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you want the very best service then the Oberio is the only place to stay.

We have tried other hotels in New Delhi but nothing can compare. Every single member of staff go above and beyond their duty to make every single person feel welcome, valued and like a VIP. Nothing is too much trouble, everything is done with a real smile and they know your name.

From the moment of arrival to check out it was a complete pleasure. It is the little things that count, such as being remembered as a returning guest, making the effort to help celebrate a special occasion or just making you feel important whether you are a tourist or business guest.

It is the people who make this hotel so lovely and I really cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Far and away the best hotel I visited in a recent business trip to India. From initial reception to departure I was welcomed, cared for and indulged so that my stay was restful.room service and meals were of very high standards. Yoga classes were well run. All staff tried to offer exceptional service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KrisPeter2013

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the arrival experience, the hotel food and the yoga classes.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My friend and I concluded our "Indian Journey" at the Oberoi New Delhi, after travelling at four other Oberoi hotels en route over a 9-day period, starting in Mumbai, on to Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra and finally New Delhi. I cannot speak highly enough of the unique ambiance of each hotel, the fine cuisine and the excellent service, from the moment of arrival to the moment of departure. A truly memorable experience!

Perhaps only two small criticisms:

The free WiFi internet service provided was only for a period of 30 minutes per day - thereafter chargeable. I feel that this is not appropriate for a 5-star hotel. WiFi should be complimentary, in my opinion.

Regarding the Oberor New Delhi, I was disappointed in the rather tiny, poky bathroom in my room, with no separate shower stall. I understand that this facility is not new (although maintained in superb condition), but clambering in and out of bathtubs is not for everyone, especially as one gets a bit older! Other than this however, 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: My friend had a suite adjoining my room at the end of the corridor, and it was to die for!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you left with a positive impression of our product and services and we were able to exceed your expectations.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the internet being charged. I am happy to share with you that we offer room rates where complimentary internet is also included. We have a small inventory of contemporary rooms and suites.Should your travel brings you to Delhi; I will be delighted to organize suitable accommodation. Please write to me directly at Jay.Rathore@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The oberoi is a really luxury hotel, since I arrived at the airport they have nice BMW 5 series to pick you up and bring you to the airport ( My rate was including this) at the reception when I arrived they had everything well prepare in order to not delay my check in ( which was at 03.00 am in the morning!) so this was nice considering my previos 8 hours flying. Room is just amazing and the bed was awesome. I Spent 2 night in the hotel and at the restaurant the service is just remarkable. Very assertive and kindly staff help you to make the right choices on drinks and even on food......and if its not in the menu, does not matter. They make whatever is possible to satisfy you and even they bring one of the Cheffs staff just to explain you what are you eating. Late check out was also very nice ( also included on my rate) and overall it was a nice experience. I travel a lote around the world and my staying at the Oberoi is one that I won't easy forget

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Sincere regards,