“In old Delhi not New. Can really feel how old Delhi is”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #11 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Washington DC
“In old Delhi not New. Can really feel how old Delhi is”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

In a colonial building. Beautiful.from outside. Really old inside. I thinks some rooms are renovated but we paid for cheaper ones Huge rooms with separate dressing room. Small Window looks out to hallway. So no direct sun or view. Turn u learn why, since it is so hot the design keeps rooms very cool. Restaurant bland flavors for foreign palates. Breakfast was good but expensive. Very close to metro. Go straight when come out about three blocks. Metro quick to get to new Delhi attractions. And perfect for old delhi. Area feels isolated especially at night with no one walking around. Took metro straight from airport.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank golisw
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel in one of our renovated rooms.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The Maidens Hotel is fantastic.
The hotel is one of Delhi's oldest hotels, which is apparent with its colonial style and charm.
The rooms were Big and spacious, exceptionally clean and after flying from the UK I had no trouble sleeping. The rooms are very quiet, we didn't hear any other guests while in our room.
The room, comprised of 3 rooms actually.
A lounge - with a "large" LCD TV sofa, desk and chair.
The bedroom - with another Large LCD TV, a walk-in wardrobe, 2 chairs, coffee table, two bed-side tables and twin beds (as we had booked the twin).
The Bathroom/Toilet - BIG spacious bathroom, with a separate bath and shower glass cubical, marble floor and walls.

The Entire hotel is very clean, and all staff bowed and said "good morning" when walking past them.
The pool was great, very deep (although they say no diving), and the water was warm/hot.
Basically this hotel is Value for money, clean.
Ideal for the Old Delhi Railway Station too!!! it about 2km away

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room with a view of the Gardens, if thats possible. Our room, while amazing had...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are overwhelmed to share your feedback with our team members.
We sincerely thank you for liking and appreciating our hotel. We will look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel in near future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The staff were very helpful most of the time, the taxi they arranged to take us to the Delphi Station was over priced. The food was great. Tipping is expected.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank V9387
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking your precious time out and sharing your views on Trip Advisor.

We thank you for appreciating staff and food. We have noted down the points highlighted and carefully looking into it to ensure non occurrence of such incident.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 August 2011

After backpacking it for 2 weeks, I decided to stay at Maiden's hotel on my last night in India. By the time I arrived at Maiden's during the afternoon, I was completely exhausted, dehydrated, and sickly following my train ride from Amritsar...but this place was a perfect way to spend the last night. The building is gorgeous, for one, and the grounds very-well kept. It has been a hotel since the early 1900s but you wouldn't be able to tell (besides the architecture) because it has clearly been renovated since then to provide guests with modern amenities and appliances. The price was probably vastly more than I'd spent for accommodation at all the places combined during my backpacking trip (hostels, guesthouses, and temples), but it's about the same for higher-priced hotels in the States, and probably nicer and quieter at that.

My room was a suite, with the opening room furnished with a couch, a desk, a television, and below that a mini-bar cabinet. This leads into the second room where a huge king-sized bed (It sure looked like it, at least) awaited me with starch white sheets and more pillows than one person needs, surely. Oh, and another TV for watching shows and the BBC late into the night. There was also a sizable walk-in closet with plenty of storage space, a safe, and...oh how useful: a weight scale :P The bathroom had a shower AND a bathtub, and besides being stocked with shower supplies, clean towels, and bathrobes...it was pristine.

I spent the night (with a stomachache from the previous day's meal) lazying around in a bathrobe, ordering in-room dining and sitting in front of the TV. The dinner of saag and basmati rice was tasty, although more expensive than your average meal of saag and rice. Service was prompt whenever I called for extra toilet paper or to have my meal tray taken. Although I am not used to spending as much as I did on hotels and food and drinks and service (the bottles of mineral water, soda, food, and tips all add up), I was glad I chose Maiden's for the night! I just wish I had checked out the swimming pool...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank bmarie_01
Dear Guest,

We are overwhelmed to see your response on trip advisor.

It gives us immense pleasure to hear from our esteemed guests and motivates all our team members to perform even better.

I sincerely thank you, on behalf of all at Maidens Hotel, for the recognition and appreciation.
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed there for almost 2 nights upon arriving in India at 4 am. It was great to start the trip with a good (and short) rest. It was also good to be able to "escape" the hustle of Delhi after a day of becoming acquainted to India.

The room was huge with 2 separate rooms and a tub and shower in the bathroom. I loved the bed. There were traces of humidity in the bathroom, but it being Delhi during monsoon season it didn't trouble me.

The swimming pool area is a nice place to relax after sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback through trip advisor.

We are pleased to know that you tastefully liked the rooms and other facilities at the hotel.
We sincerely thank you for your warm words of appreciation and look forward to welcoming you back at Maidens, Delhi.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The building is lovely, and the rooms huge. Food is good and staff are nice. However, couldn't get enough hot water for a shower, and the bath plug was full of [someone else's!] hair. When I complained about these things they were very apologetic and did what they could to appease me, but generally I didn't think it was quite as good as it should have been.

Room Tip: Maybe more hot water if you're not on the end of the corridor?
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank janhep
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking valuable time and providing your feedback through trip advisor.

I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings and assure you that corrective measures have been taken to rectify the same and the concerned staff has been well briefed for points highlighted.

I thank you for your kind words appreciating quality of food and staff members.

Looking forward to another opportinity to serve you better.
Boston, MA
Reviewed 3 August 2011

There are many five star hotels in Delhi that have rave reviews. This hotel is singular! It is a small colonial hotel, a ride away from the craziness of the city. I stayed here twice. By chance I had the same suite twice, Room 411. This suite had its own bedroom and large living room. The marble bathroom reminded me of the Four Season's Hotel in NYC. My suite had two Plasma tv's, internet access and an oversized desk where I could comfortably upload my pictures to my computer, email my family and friends, and skype to have conversations back in the U.S. for pennies! The hardwood floors felt like hard, smooth velvet under my feet, and the area rugs were just beautiful! When I opened the door to my suite, there was a large hallway with the most beautiful windows to look at the beautiful outdoor garden. The laundry and staff was superb! I adore this hotel and would never stay anywhere else in Delhi!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank maggied00dle
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for posting your views about Maidens Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are overwhelmed to recieve your feedback and have shared it with all our team members. Your every word has been very motivating and inspiring for all of us.

Thank you so much for placing us high on your expectation levels.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Maidens in not too distant furture.